Copyrights and respects of modders's work question.

Tomahawkthedragon

Jul 29, 2019
Since a little while i'm working on a public modpack. It's a bit slow because i do a lot of reseach on how to make it stable as possible. But my problem is not technic, but mor about copyright.

I've done a little of programming and modding myself in my life, i know what kind of work it can be to create such awesome mods. But, it's stop me a bit in my modpack. But it's undestandable.

So, i got an idea, so the mods i need could be in my modpack and i don't ''steal'' any of the modders's work. To create a public modpack on FTB, we must prove that we have all the permissions for every mods, than send all the files, except the minecraft.jar, and then a .txt. But, can i add the .config of a mod without adding the .jar of the mod, so the player can go get it himself without having to deal with all the ID compatibility problems?

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
look into using the ATLauncher. When downloading the pack, any mods that you don't have the permissions for will, instead of downloading, open up the relevent adfly or whatever link, then you pop it in your downloads box and the pack keeps on downloading.
Resonant Rise has 166 mods, and it's like 5 or less that need to be handled in this fashion.