Control conductive pipe energy flow

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AltaHMano

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a couple of machines provided with energy from 12 electrical engines. the thing is, if i turn on the electrical engines, all machines are powered.
is there any way to stop energy flowing through a conductive pipe? gates don't seem to work.

thanks in advance

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a couple of machines provided with energy from 12 electrical engines. the thing is, if i turn on the electrical engines, all machines are powered.
is there any way to stop energy flowing through a conductive pipe? gates don't seem to work.

thanks in advance
Pro Tip: Get Redstone Energy Conduits

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

thanks in advance
Turtles can break and place pipes, and interact with redstone wire/bundled cable. Or you could just stick a redstone energy cell in the line and put a lever on it.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

thanks in advance

there are only a few machines that waste MJ power when constantly supplied -- rolling machine and thermionic fabricator. Old forestry farms would also -- if you consider them machines.

Thermal expansion machines will fill up an internal power supply and then stop accepting power (until they do work).

With conductive piping you do not want to oversupply MJ into the power network. If power does not have a place to go it will fill up usually in the first conductive pipe after the wooden ones. If it fills up all the way that pipe it will explode and destroy itself. No other blocks are damaged, but now your network is disconnected.

Energy conduits fix the explosion and generally are better, but the hide that you are wasting energy by voiding any excess.