Confused with Open Block Radio.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
There are some legit applicaations.

For example: I once had a map on our multiplayer server that spawned new players in a house that took you through a museum-like tour of getting started with the basic stuff in FTB (if you never played modded MC before). The openBlocks radio adds very good ambience to a station of your choice.
seems legit, although i don't think there are more applications.

Riva

Jul 29, 2019
Right adding in extra ; to the config ["http://74.86.186.4:12120;181.FM;- **UK Top 40**;Yellow"]
actually was a real bad idea, not only did it not load the config but it actually caused the server to stay down after its scheduled reboot, which I was unaware of until I got up today, So I am completely stumped on what to do with the config and shall leave it down to the latest update possibly having a few openblocks bugs, Would be more helpful if there was anyone who had direwolf at 1.0.19 if there was anything I was missing. If not I shall wait till 1.0.20 comes out to recommended.

Edited:
Also noticed if I try to add it into SP it also will not update any of the radio station crystals into Creative, So perhaps there is a bug with 1.0.19 on adding this in if it was not added in beforehand.

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
this is an off topic(like pretty much everything in this forum) question: what's the bloody point of having radio in minecraft, unless you want to annoy people on server with music they don't like?

Music is like religion and politics... Some just like to inflict theirs on others.

Reactions: Loufmier

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
Just putting a crystal in the radio seems to crash the game completely for me.

Sometimes I manage to get it in, but then the music will play for about 3 seconds and then stop. If I turn the radio off (via a lever) and then back on, I crash. Then if I try to take the crystal out, I crash again.

I tried testing on a single player world, but the crystals don't appear in creative.

EDIT: I also kinda wished it worked like Computercraft. If HTTP is enabled, it would allow you to craft your own crystals.

Last edited: