Confessions: I never ... even though I'm told I should.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So, with the 1.5.1 update looming we've got all these mods we're waiting for, and mods we're eager to work with, and mods that maybe we're happy to see leaving. Since it is a time for reflection on our packs, I thought maybe it'd be fun to talk about the mods we know we should use, but never do. Maybe even mods we tell other people to use, even though we ourselves do not actually make time to use them.

I'll start:
  1. I never use Xysoil, even though I'm told I should. I just don't care about non-fertilized speed.
  2. I never use any color of xybrick but black (and maybe some blue shield highlights). I just think they're ugly and out-of-theme for minecraft!
  3. I never use arcane elevators, even though I'm told I should. Ladders seem just as good to me!
  4. I never use the Hoe of Growth except for Silverwood saplings and even then only a few times. Why should bonemeal be expensive to make and repair?
  5. I never use redstone or stirling engines ever, which is basically dumb.
  6. I never make large sums of rails even though I know the yields are huge with Railcraft. I would still rather raid mineshafts than deal with all that tedium.
  7. I almost never use automatic mining tools except for Steve's Carts to help me branch mine. I actually... like mining?
  8. I've never built a sorting system that handles anything more than ores. I always have a few dump chests on restriction tubes.
  9. I've never successfully automated a breeder reactor in Gregtech. It turns out I just find it crazy boring to actually do.
  10. I've never built a frame machine for use in a real game. I just start and get bored and never resume.
Whew, I feel cleansed. Anyone else wanna confess?

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Every patch I start a new map and never finish it.
I never been to the end.
Never beat the Dragon.
Only once built a functional house.
Go for the hardest thing instead of just using the easiest.
also enjoy mining as it helps having something to do.

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
yes u never use those things and u didint enjoy fun with it, thats part of the game

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
I never use arcane elevators, even though I'm told I should. Ladders seem just as good to me!

Me neither. I prefer stairs for aesthetics, jetpacking for practicality.

I never use the Hoe of Growth except for Silverwood saplings and even then only a few times. Why should bonemeal be expensive to make and repair?

Don't forget the 3x3 tilling (are there other ways to do that now?). Other than that, you're right, the bonemeal effect is a waste.

I've never successfully automated a breeder reactor in Gregtech. It turns out I just find it crazy boring to actually do.

Me neither, but my main experience with FTB is on a server, and I didn't consider nuclear power worth the effort without config editing then.

In the server where I made 3 fusion reactors, I did not use blutricity at any point along the way.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
I dont build sorting systems, because real men store everything they own on the floor.

I powered my base with biofuel from a steves cart treefarm, got 2400 stacks of wood, and now i am generating UU matter from a set of generators powered by charcoal because screw the environment

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
I've never been able to succesfully grow hops for brewing. I jusr drink the rum made with sugarcane. Real men drink rum, anyways.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I dislike AE, it seems unnecessarily simple. If you must be able to almost instantly access stuff from your storage room, just plop down a Retriever. Or use Computercraft with bundled cable.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I have never actually played Modded Survival Singleplayer. I have always used Creative, only now do I do somewhat survival with my Bee Map. I only work with people in survival. I can't do it alone.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Oohhh, I got another confession:
I have no idea how to use Lua, and probably will never have the time to learn, either, even though everybody says it is much better than Forth. Which it probably is, but the IO Expanders really push up Forth for me.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I dislike AE, it seems unnecessarily simple.

I never ... understood why people would say this while also holding redstone wire in their hands. :D Think of ME Cable as bundled cable for tubes. You should try building and using a big AE system in a survival game. You will see what I mean when I say that you exchange one set of problems for another.[DOUBLEPOST=1366053714][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oohhh, I got another confession:
I have no idea how to use Lua, and probably will never have the time to learn, either, even though everybody says it is much better than Forth. Which it probably is, but the IO Expanders really push up Forth for me.
You cray-cray, Whizzball1. A good egg, but straight cray-cray.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
1. Never used Forth, never will.
2. I rarely use Pocket Crafting Table. Seems too pointless.
3. I've never build a RP2 Sorter.

I can't think of anything else, besides not knowing anything of boilers, really.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
People keep telling me to use quarries, massfabs, and AE. I don't, because they make the game less fun for me, instead of more.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I've never actually beaten the ender dragon, seen a witch, made a cow farm that lasted for more then 2 hours, had a world where I didn't go into creative at least once( technically I did before cheats where implemented).