Cone in Minecraft

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You see, when I first saw this, I thought you had used Forge Multipart to do microblocks to make a smooth cone. Now that would have been a feat of engineering worthy of praise.

This is just a simple decaying algorithm progression. It is also inefficient in design space since it is nearly impossible to utilize all the extra overhead space, and not very aesthetic.

Want to build something impressive? Use your new cone-building technology to build the Kremlin. You'll likely get more positive reviews that way.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
You see, when I first saw this, I thought you had used Forge Multipart to do microblocks to make a smooth cone. Now that would have been a feat of engineering worthy of praise.

This is just a simple decaying algorithm progression. It is also inefficient in design space since it is nearly impossible to utilize all the extra overhead space, and not very aesthetic.

Want to build something impressive? Use your new cone-building technology to build the Kremlin. You'll likely get more positive reviews that way.

it would work on top of a building like an empire state building or other random towers like a wizards tower ok by itself but takes more to make it really pop :D

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
*Sighs as he looks at his over 12k of netherquartz and regular quartz, realizes that dw20 1.5.2 v2 hasn't been out that long then sighs even harder*

Yldron

Jul 29, 2019
To make a cone, just stack freakin circles. and for example every 4. circle, make the diameter 2 blocks smaller.
We can argue whether its pretty or not, but it's not even a cone...

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
the best builds merge form and functionality.. and the fact you built this in creative mode flat land pretty much destroys any claim you have of it being "awesome"
That's not to say awesome things can't be made in creative flat worlds... but this sorta isn't one of them. Sorry.
You should change the thread title to: cone (built in creative)
You'll see that not as many people will look at the thread because building in creative is boring. Feel free to do it but don't come brag to us as you have really not put a hole lot of work into it. The biggest of builds are often built in survival as it really is a huge accomplishment for the builder to have done it all, including collecting the resources. An amazing example of such a feat would have to be Saice's season two of resonant rise. He's done all of that in survival and had worked really hard to get the items. Do u have any idea how much rotten flesh be has gone through to get all of the blood stained stone? When he finishes that build I'm sure he will be incredibly proud of himself and I'm sure the community will like it a hole lot more than your not so awesome cone that you built in creative.

Edit: for those of you that didnt see, the thread was titled Awesome Cone before he changed it to cone in minecraft

Keep in mind some builds (not all) are done in a flatland creative world and then imported into a survival world. Small wooden huts are placed around the world with random pipe lines, and the showcaser usually puts random items in their inventory to make it look like a survival world.

It's unbelievably easy to fake accomplishments. And it's incredibly hard to build them legitimately in survival without staging it all.

All builds are templates for others to use. This one is no exception. Nor is anything built legitimately in survival. Time and effort are required for both things, and resources are fake in a game where time is unlimited, resources generate infinitely, and there is no end goal. I couldn't care less if you built a 9x9 block of titanium in survival, since I can do that in about 1 minute in creative mode with a builder's wand. It requires no thought to the overall structure, and the only cost is resources, which, as stated before, are pointless.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind some builds (not all) are done in a flatland creative world and then imported into a survival world. Small wooden huts are placed around the world with random pipe lines, and the showcaser usually puts random items in their inventory to make it look like a survival world.

It's unbelievably easy to fake accomplishments. And it's incredibly hard to build them legitimately in survival without staging it all.

All builds are templates for others to use. This one is no exception. Nor is anything built legitimately in survival. Time and effort are required for both things, and resources are fake in a game where time is unlimited, resources generate infinitely, and there is no end goal. I couldn't care less if you built a 9x9 block of titanium in survival, since I can do that in about 1 minute in creative mode with a builder's wand. It requires no thought to the overall structure, and the only cost is resources, which, as stated before, are pointless.
Thank you