Cone in Minecraft

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Conguy97, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Conguy97

Conguy97 Active Member

Nice

2. Conguy97

Conguy97 Active Member

If cones are uglier than boxes, what is prettier than one?

3. CapturetheBomb

CapturetheBomb Active Member

NOTHING!

4. Symmetryc

Symmetryc Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, it's up to your interpretation. After all, that's why I said "In my opinion...".

5. SonOfABirch

SonOfABirch Popular Member

a base with a distinct theme and style (asthetic)

6. Greevir

Greevir Well-Known Member

Anything not 9x9 also....

7. fergcraft

fergcraft Popular Member

8. ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Too Much Free Time

You see, when I first saw this, I thought you had used Forge Multipart to do microblocks to make a smooth cone. Now that would have been a feat of engineering worthy of praise.

This is just a simple decaying algorithm progression. It is also inefficient in design space since it is nearly impossible to utilize all the extra overhead space, and not very aesthetic.

Want to build something impressive? Use your new cone-building technology to build the Kremlin. You'll likely get more positive reviews that way.

PeggleFrank likes this.
  9. fergcraft

fergcraft Popular Member

it would work on top of a building like an empire state building or other random towers like a wizards tower ok by itself but takes more to make it really pop :D

10. Zealstarwind

Zealstarwind Well-Known Member

*Sighs as he looks at his over 12k of netherquartz and regular quartz, realizes that dw20 1.5.2 v2 hasn't been out that long then sighs even harder*

11. Yldron

Yldron Active Member

To make a cone, just stack freakin circles. and for example every 4. circle, make the diameter 2 blocks smaller.
    We can argue whether its pretty or not, but it's not even a cone...

PeggleFrank likes this.
  12. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Popular Member

Keep in mind some builds (not all) are done in a flatland creative world and then imported into a survival world. Small wooden huts are placed around the world with random pipe lines, and the showcaser usually puts random items in their inventory to make it look like a survival world.

It's unbelievably easy to fake accomplishments. And it's incredibly hard to build them legitimately in survival without staging it all.

All builds are templates for others to use. This one is no exception. Nor is anything built legitimately in survival. Time and effort are required for both things, and resources are fake in a game where time is unlimited, resources generate infinitely, and there is no end goal. I couldn't care less if you built a 9x9 block of titanium in survival, since I can do that in about 1 minute in creative mode with a builder's wand. It requires no thought to the overall structure, and the only cost is resources, which, as stated before, are pointless.

13. Conguy97

Conguy97 Active Member

Thank you

PeggleFrank likes this.
  14. The classless

The classless Well-Known Member

the cone idea is nice but try moving it up a lot and make a tower under it that would be cool