Whitelist Server Cloverfield EU | FTB Mindcrack v8.0.1 | Whitelist | Mature 18+ | Low slots

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Capiachi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys!

So I'll get right to it. I've been playing Minecraft for 2 years and probably spent ½ year on FTB and I've fallen in love with it. I like the technical part of it. I played the FTB beta(1.4.2) up untill just recently when I wanted to follow my favorite Mindcrack gang.

The server has just been freshly started! See Current status for more info.

Who am I ?
Im a 25 year old gamer who likes different games such as the standard Blizzard games(Starcraft 2, WoW, Diablo 3) and some fps games from time to time(Battlefield 3, COD Black ops 2). I live in Sweden and I have a fulltime job.

Im a pretty casual kind of guy, I like watching youtube for inspiration. Favorites there are BdoubleO and Etho, they both give me the inspiration on different levels im looking for.

Im a programmer at a hobby level so building machines are such is my kind of thing. Not to great at the design aspect of the game, I usually try and copy someones design and make it sort of my own.

Who can join?
Im just looking for a few people to play with from time to time. The only real requirement is that you give me a good impression and a mature one. So post a reply or send me a message with a detailed explanation to who you are, and what your plans are.

I dont like using templates for applications as I want you to put time into it and figure it out based on this thread. Be patient and be yourself! I'd rather you type to much then to little, I can handle walls of text.

Rules
I'd like to keep the landscape somewhat intact, so quarry's would be best used underground. Talk to me if you want to do something special. I'd like to put the responsability on you when it comes to not using bugged items and what not, I've heard there are a few corrupting items out there.

Spawning Withers is okay, just use common sense and DONT spawn them near our work.

Greefing is a no brainer.

If your unsure about something just talk to me, I'd rather you do that then risk something.

If you want something done with the server or the rules, I'll make a note of it to talk with everyone so that were on the same page before rushing into anything.

Disabled items/mobs
Im running everything in the mindcrack pack.

Beta?
Im not actually sure if Mindcrack version is in beta or not. If it is I will try and update it as we go on. If a version upgrade is not possible at all I might have to restart it.

Difficulty level
Running on Hard.

Slots / hardware specs

Im renting a server of MPserv, its a 5 slot 1024mb server. (Will increase if need be)
Its located in Europe.

Server IP

Current status
Were currently 4 people on the server, including me.

We've started building our spawn house, just a general starting house with startup supplies/machines for public use.

OJayUK

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there Capiachi, I'd love to join on your server. I'm a 24 year old minecraft addict, and have dabbled with FTB since it's release but have never been involved in a multiplayer community. I'm a big fan of the mindcrack group, which is why I'm inclined to join the mindcrack style server :). I have been part of minecraft multiplayer communities (just not FTB), and I'm happy to donate so long as I think there will be longevity to the server and it has a good community ofc! Is it a 24/7 setup?

Thanks, J

Capiachi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey J!

Yeah It's a 24/7 setup, no mods or anything which is why I like to be sure about who I invite :)

You should know that at this point its only me on the server, so if your looking for a big community deal Im not your guy. Im just planning on having a small community at around 5 people. Depending on acivity.

OJayUK

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for getting back so quickly! That would suit me fine, I have played on a few servers before with many slots and it's no fun because there is no cohesion or community between the players on them. Activity wise I would probably be on a few hours a day, and probably more on the weekends :). I'm in the middle of studying this month so I'm after some escapism from the textbooks!

blehz

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds like a server for me :)
I'm 28, from Belgium, and work as a Software Engineer (C++ programmer).

I was thinking about running the same kind of server, 18-20+, 5-10 slots depending on activity indeed.
I got into minecraft thanks to a friend who made me watch Yogscast (Sips and Sjin) playing tekkit.
After some time I really wanted to play it too so started playing SSP, which got boring after some time. Thats why I also play WoW and BF3, there are people around.

I played some FTB but didnt want to put a lot of effort in starting on a new server, because the first one went off after a month.
Most better mature servers are in US so that's not very good if you want to be social.

I like the idea of a small server as long as everyone is on regularly during evenings and weekends. Think we're on the same line there.

Also, I don't like people making big quarry holes, not even underground.
So isn't it better to add Mystcraft and create a mining world just for mining with turtles and quarries?
This doesn't mean you can't mine in dungeons of course.

Capiachi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Blehz!

I wasn't expecting I would get any responses to this due to me only wanting a small community deal.

About the quarry's and such, I actually used to play on a FTB version (SSP) with mystcraft and I like that mod a whole lot. Im just not sure about how I would implement that into the Mindcrack version ? Because I heard that the reason they dont run it is that it has the potential of corrupting worlds. And there is the issue with having 100 worlds that would lag down the server even more. I would however be glad to discuss this subject further if you'd like ?

Im really not the mining kind of guy, so quarry's and turtles are important to me. You seem to be a reasonable guy so Im sure we could figure something out.

You can send me a chat on skype: Capiachi

OJayUK: I did a little research and Im just asking here, but I can see you applied to some different servers aswell, are you planning to play on several different ?

OJayUK

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Capiachi, no I would just be playing one server exclusively, but thought I would throw a few applications out there to see what responses I got because I'm keen to get started :).

Nathie1000

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guyz,
I'm 19 y/o from the Netherlands and still in school. I'm looking for a new small server to play on with my friend (he'll probably post something later). I got FALSELY accused of grieving from my last server and thus banned.
I mostly love to build huge machines (redpower) and build completely automated processing devices combining most mods. Therefore i really hope Quarries are allowed. In the defence of the quarry. The are stable (stable enough) in Buildcraft 3 and do no corrupt worlds. The fable that the do comes from the Buildraft 2 era.

IGN: nathie1000

I hope i may join.

Capiachi

Jul 29, 2019
OJayUK: Alright, fair enough. Send me your IGN and Ill add you.

Hey Nathie1000.
About the quarry's: Were just discussing whether or not were using quarry's in the overworld as of yet, Im pretty sure they are stable. Its just a matter of using mystcraft or not.

As a percaution I'd like to ask a question:
You mentioned you got banned for being falsely accused, what happened ? I'd like to hear your version of it.

blehz

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft can indeed corrupt worlds and cause a lot of lag. But my idea is not to enable it for everyone.
The mod is perfectly fine when under admin control, so only an admin can create worlds as needed.
So my suggestion is to create a separate world for mining, just 1. This world can be removed when it's empty.
Of course here quarries can be used at will.
The only downside is that you cant pipe the things to the overworld, so you will have to go there to collect things.
Mystcraft can be taken from the direwolf20 pack and added to your mods easily using the launcher.
It's nothing more than copying the folder. There are guides all over the net for it. :)

I have to say, maybe this is not needed for the small scale server you have in mind. :)
If people stay under ground with their quarries it might not become a problem as I've seen on other servers.

Oh and did I say I love manual mining? :D
Although, I prefer to mine with others rather than alone.

MynameisAK

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Capiachi and everyone else,
I would like to join this server. I've been looking for a small community to join and have been joining several different servers but each one seems to have one or multiple people that are very immature. I myself am 18 and currently living in the UK, England. I've not been playing FTB for very long (maybe 3-4 weeks at most) but have extensive knowledge on a lot of the mods included in it (as I've been playing Tekkit/Technic and other Mod packs which include a lot of what FTB holds). When it comes to quarries, I find them a bit rubbish, turtles are where it's at (they cost less and are faster, as well as getting better precision mining). They even dance, what's not to love.

IGN: mynameisAK

Nathie1000

Jul 29, 2019
I don't recommend mystcraft with your current server specs. But if you still wanna use it i recommend a single mining world indeed and then place a world anchor in it. This will prevent the world from unloading and thus no chance of corruption. Also quarries in the TLF work just fine.

About my ban:
Someone used a nuke and blew up half the world (so i was told). I was one of the few who had the resources to actually manufacture one. So i finger was pointed at me. I talked to the admin about it but he refused to believe me. I like to point out again im not a griever (that's why i mentioned it in the first place).

LyndhurstV

Jul 29, 2019
Capiachi, I did message you and I hope that's alright. If not, I don't mind posting a detailed explanation on who I am upon this thread instead?

yummyface9x

Jul 29, 2019
Hello too you Capiachi,
I'd like to join the server because I have been looking and looking and looking for a good server to play on. IGN yummyface. I tend to overengineer a lot so i tend to be solitary. I like to share my inventions with other people but i find it extremely hard to do that playing singleplayer. I'm 18 and would hope you would consider adding me to your server

deablo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Capiachi im the friend nathie1000 mentiond. I am 20 years old. I like building huge machines too and helping other figure out what is wrong with there machines(aka helping others fix there stuff)

IGN:deablo

haavardsjef

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I would like to join the server! I'm a nice friendly guy from Norway. I have lots of experience on all of the mods. I have been playing FTB since release and Minecraft since alpha.
ohh and btw I am 22 years old

IGN: haavardsjef

Malvin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'll like to join this server because I'm looking for a small community where everyone gets along, and everyone can actually know each other in some way. I'm 18 years old, I've been playing Mindcraft for about a year or so, and I've been playing FTB Mindcrack for a few months now, I don't have much experience with mods, but I know the basics and as I play more, I will get familiar with it (of course). I'm from the USA, I'm very calm, chilled, and friendly and I just hope you will accept me :)

IGN: iTeddd

Thanks,