Clay in bulk

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, if you think of it as a byproduct of acquiring resources via quarry, you kill two birds with one stone.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Step one: Craft watering can
Step two: Gather enough essence to craft earth and water essence seeds
Step three: Plant the seeds in hydrated tilled soil, use watering can on them till they grow.
Step four: Use the resultng earth and water essence to craft clay, you get 32 per craft so 2 earth and 2 water yeilds you 32 bricks.

FYI in monster Magical crops can be automated with MFR and I'm sure there's an autocrafting solution can convert the essence in to clay.
But even early game you can use the watering can to produce some quick loads of clay.

Reactions: Museli

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
While this does work, the OP wanted it in bulk.. the sludge boiler doesn't do anything in bulk LOL
This is quite true, if you start with the sludge boiler when you need the big quantities of clay. However, I mostly start with a MFR harvester and sludge boiler pretty soonish in game and save all the stuff it makes. By the time I need clay in bigger quantities, I have saved up quite a lot (hundreds of thousands). So while it may be too late now to start, when you plan the sludge boiler early in game and invest in some barrels, you might have enough clay later on.

I talk about chunkloaded servers though. In a singleplayer game this might not be feasible.

Last edited:

Museli

Jul 29, 2019
An alternative solution for a Thaumcraft user could be to build the structure out of something else for now, and then when you happen to have gathered a load of clay, to Equal Trade the blocks.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I talk about chunkloaded servers though. In a singleplayer game this might not be feasible.

[based on agrarian skies]
The boiler produces a respectable amount of clay- the sludge from a moderately sized tree plantation gives you a steady supply, with a pile of [sometimes useful] byproducts.
Perfectly feasible, otherwise just up the ante with a few more farms/boilers, and a railcraft boiler to make it self sustaining.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
[based on agrarian skies]
The boiler produces a respectable amount of clay- the sludge from a moderately sized tree plantation gives you a steady supply, with a pile of [sometimes useful] byproducts.
Perfectly feasible, otherwise just up the ante with a few more farms/boilers, and a railcraft boiler to make it self sustaining.
You could even potentially create a sludge farm, whereby using a block placer of some sort, you place pumpkin blocks within the harvester's range, and it will dig it back up again and give you sludge. So, one just needs to connect the harvester output to the block placer, and you have an infinite loop which will generate sludge. Simply up the number of block placers to more efficiently cover the harvesters area. The higher the percentage of the area is pumpkins the better.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
You could even potentially create a sludge farm, whereby using a block placer of some sort, you place pumpkin blocks within the harvester's range, and it will dig it back up again and give you sludge. So, one just needs to connect the harvester output to the block placer, and you have an infinite loop which will generate sludge. Simply up the number of block placers to more efficiently cover the harvesters area. The higher the percentage of the area is pumpkins the better.
i just decided to test your idea and have to say it works well :)

for setup i went with 1 harvester, 9 activators and stack of pumpkins.
9 activators with constant supply of pumpkins provide constant work for a harvester working at max speed, which generates enough sludge for 4 boilers.

how does one provide constant supply of pumpkins to activators? i used impulse itemducts in round-robin mode pulling stacks of 4 pumpkins.
since i used spawned cell to feed harvester i can't really say how much power you need to give harvester in order for it work at max speed, so if you don't provide enough power for it you may get lower sludge generation

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
:eek:

What I have decided to do for now is I am using magic crops for the earth and water essence because 2 of each makes 32 clay, and the crops grow pretty fast. I was hoping to save all the essence I have for quartz seeds later, but I guess I won't be able to unless I can find a clay biome.