Chunk rendering lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikailp

Jul 29, 2019
Me either. I also tried to max it @ 1024 out of curiosity. No improvement. Seems to have made it even worse, if anything.

rikailp

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the bug is very famous, is called "vanilla" and has been around since 1.3
Har har har, you're so very clever. This is most definitely not a vanilla issue, as both v7 and v8 are from 1.4.x, and its only reproducable in v8, and not vanilla 1.4.7.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Happens to me in vanilla since 1.3, 1.2 and before I could use single player commands, set speed to 20, fly, and the chunks would load with my as I flew. Something impossible in 1.3

rikailp

Jul 29, 2019
Not the same issue. This is reproducible by walking on the ground without flying quickly. This is EXTREMELY slow chunk rendering, not slow loading of chunks.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well, from what I know chunks are supposed to load faster, the faster you fly.

Anyway, in 1.3+ Ssp I ALWAYS have to wait for those freaking chunks to load, vanilla, feed the beast, feed the dragon, feed my mom or whatever, always the same stupid lag, but it has been just since the merge of the server and client in 1.3, be flying, be walking or whatever.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Difference between this and the other one? Same chunk loading bug.

Besides that in 7 works and not in 8, maybe is just luck.

rikailp

Jul 29, 2019
No. This is a different bug.
It's not 'just luck'. Its reproducible by multiple people.

Please start your own thread for your issue if you insist on pursuing the issue.

Reactions: AlanEsh

rikailp

Jul 29, 2019
Just because you don't experience a bug, doesn't mean a bug doesn't exist.

I've already explained how its different. If you don't understand from my explanations throughout this thread, i can't help you understand. Sorry.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Did disabling ChickenChunks work at all?

The last time I tried it, and granted this was a while back, it corrupted my world save. This was when Mystcraft was still extremely buggy though so I chalked it up to that.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Just FYI, the chunk rendering is a KNOWN bug of vanilla, Dinnerbone has been trying to fix it along with Grumm (I think). Just search in google, some minecraftforum threads will pop up about the rendering issue.

And you said different people are experiencing it, is only 2 people...

Anyway, try not using optifine, opengl, reinstalling, more ram, updating java, blame 1.3, etc.

rikailp

Jul 29, 2019
Did disabling ChickenChunks work at all?

The last time I tried it, and granted this was a while back, it corrupted my world save. This was when Mystcraft was still extremely buggy though so I chalked it up to that.
I disabled it. It was extremely laggy/freezy loading the world without it so it was hard to tell, but i don't believe it made a difference. It crashed after a bit for me.

Just FYI, the chunk rendering is a KNOWN bug of vanilla, Dinnerbone has been trying to fix it along with Grumm (I think). Just search google.

And you said different people are experiencing it, is only 2 people...
This is not the same damn issue. I have a vanilla install on this same PC and it's not experiencing the same issues. I have a v7 install on this computer and its not experiencing the same issues. I have a v8.0.1 install on this computer it is experiencing these issues.
Several people have responded, i've linked to other threads, Velotican has seen other people reporting the issue. Please stop posting, you are contributing nothing productive to the thread and only getting in the way of actual progress.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
"Just because you don't experience a bug doesn't mean it doesn't exist"

And yep, they are the same issuses, since almost nothing important changed between 7 and 8.

See ya!

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Disappointed to hear that ripping ChickenChunks out of the world still causes major shenanigans. Back to looking at the configs then. At this point it's all shots in the dark unfortunately.

Try:

1) Raising the chunk limit to 12500, Forge's default.
2) Disabling the chunk viewer (it needs tweaking to be any actual use to anyone other than CB anyway)
3) Raising the orphan clearing threshold to 864000 (every 12 hours, probably not recommended but worth a shot)

jeffl86

Jul 29, 2019
I am experiencing the same issue on Mindcrack v8.0.1, and I'm glad to see that I'm not alone.

When I upgraded my server from v7 to v8.0.1, I did a ton of experimentation. One thing I tried was taking my v7 world, upgrading the minecraft jar to Minecraft 1.4.7 with Forge 6.6.0.515 (as in the v8.0.1 modpack), while leaving ALL other mods and configs untouched. This alone was enough to cause the chunk rendering problems. All I had to do was swap out one Minecraft jar with another and I could make the issue appear and go away.

To summarize, going from MC 1.4.6 to MC 1.4.7 (Forge 6.6.0.x) seems to cause this issue. I don't know whether MC or Forge is to blame, or perhaps some interaction between MC/Forge and one of the mods, but maybe this will make it easier to narrow down.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
"Just because you don't experience a bug doesn't mean it doesn't exist"

And yep, they are the same issuses, since almost nothing important changed between 7 and 8.

See ya!
Almost nothing important changed between 7 and 8? You should probably have a read through the Forge changelogs... several versions that FTB skipped were so broken that basic vanilla things such as iron doors didn't work... That beast changes drastically on a nightly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.