Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

F

Fishy51

Use the RC spring-powered pump, which has a much larger capacity.

Thanks! I was so immersed in Chromaticraft I forgot to check your other mods.

That removes the need for exploration altogether, instead turning it into simple "follow the arrow".
I can understand that, i just figured that if it was gated behind finding all the biomes it would be okay, but now that I think about it, it would more trouble than it's worth when you add more stuff out there.

Is there anything that supposed to help find other towers (if there are any others) once you find one? The tower I activated froze my game when I activated it and I had the item from it in my inventory when I reloaded but was there anything else I could have learned before/during activation or am I overthinking it?

D

DarkMazer

I just filled my entire inventory with artifacts just to see what would happen.

That was fun.

And, well, my wooden house needed an upgrade anyway.

Reactions: Lethosos

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Is there anything that supposed to help find other towers (if there are any others) once you find one? The tower I activated froze my game when I activated it and I had the item from it in my inventory when I reloaded but was there anything else I could have learned before/during activation or am I overthinking it?
Provided you got the progress flags, you have not lost anything you cannot retrieve.

F

Fishy51

Provided you got the progress flags, you have not lost anything you cannot retrieve.

I completed the puzzle! (Although I went to creative to find the pieces :D)
But the next part, you sir are a delightful madman! :)

A

aheroindisguise

Ok, I'm getting a bit frustrated with Chromaticraft. This is another stuck progression gripe. I've searched and searched but nobody seems to be stuck where I'm stuck. On my progression tab, up the the 5th tier is opened up. These are the tasks that I have not completed:

Tier 1: Mysterious Relics, Glowing Towers
Tier 2: Refractory Materials
Tier 3: n/a
Tier 4: Lumen Harnessing (don't have the recipe for Lumen Repeaters
Tier 5: Lumen Storage, ? (unknown) (completed alloying)

I have 3 chests full of blank pages. I've built a focus frame and ritual altar. I've crafted everything that I have a recipe for that doesn't contain an item with hieroglyphics. What haven't I tried?

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
He can't, because he's missing the recipe for them. The refractory gems progression is required though, I think.

F

Fishy51

He can't, because he's missing the recipe for them. The refractory gems progression is required though, I think.

My bad. I read it wrong. :p
So I guess mingling with the locals will be their next step if that is what is gating?

A

aheroindisguise

So I need to find lumenite? I've done a bit of research on this and plenty of exploration. What's the best way to find it?

EDIT: @Fishy51 Oh, mingling with the locals. That was a hint. Thanks!

A

aheroindisguise

Ok,so I mingled with the locals, I got the refractory gems accomplishment and associated recipes. I crafted the recipes. My pages remain blank and I am back where I started. I do not have the Lumen Repeater recipes. I have the Lumen Repeater structure, but I cannot craft the repeater itself. Again, the tasks I am missing are:
Tier 4: Lumen Harnessing

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ok,so I mingled with the locals, I got the refractory gems accomplishment and associated recipes. I crafted the recipes. My pages remain blank and I am back where I started. I do not have the Lumen Repeater recipes. I have the Lumen Repeater structure, but I cannot craft the repeater itself. Again, the tasks I am missing are:
Tier 4: Lumen Harnessing
You won't be able to do the Tier 4 one without being able to make the wooden repeaters as I'm sure you know, so it may be one of the T1 ones. Have you identified all of the types of lumen? Unfortunately I can't remember off the top of my head what those two progressions mean.

Last edited:
A

aheroindisguise

I have discovered all the colored pylons. Mysterious relics is a bunch of sparkling fragments. It looks like it can be traded to villagers for 64 emeralds. I have no idea how to find them. Glowing towers looks like a pylon from starcraft. Apparently its a very rare discoverable structure. I haven't found any. I've locked up my computer a couple times generating chunks exploring to find them. I believe I read a quote by Reika somewhere that the Glowing Towers does not gate anything important.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
F

Fishy51

If it's not a bug in progression it could be you dropped the fragment for the repeater. Check your NEI for it and check if it is scrambled there. If not, check your fragments in the lexicon to make sure it isn't lost somewhere.

I know theres a way to recover them but I cant remember off the top of my head. I think theres a tab in the lexicon?

Other than that I say craft a handful of your highest tier patterns to see if something triggers.

A

aheroindisguise

OMG that's so possible. I died in a sandy burrow at one point. I'll check, and that's worth noting if that's what happened. Thanks!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I used NEI to get the recipe for the repeater because I was losing my mind, and it let's me craft them. I will look at the fragment and see what it looks like.

A

aheroindisguise

Dude... that was the thing. Unbelievable. Case solved. Good thinking @Fishy51

EDIT: So when I died in the sandy burrow. That fragment was lost, and 5 subsequent fragments. You just have to fill your inventory with paper and ink sacs and use the middle tab in the lexicon.