Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

F

Fishy51

I found the inventory warp the most useful to me so far but the star tools are working their way up now that I'm actually building a base. :)

Do you know how player imitation cores work? I have this setup based on what the lexicon said but nothing seems to be going into the collectors.
2018-05-22_23.16.48.png

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
They are in /config/Reika/Chromaticraft_CustomRecipes
/config being relative to...?

Do you know how player imitation cores work? I have this setup based on what the lexicon said but nothing seems to be going into the collectors.

They can interact with both collectors and purple crystals, so check that they have energy (if applicable), that you own the collector, et cetera.

Thanks to everyone for helping me when I built the structure in owerworld, it all worked, it seems like I'll have to move the entire base there =).

The compass says that there is O_O, I was guided by it, I will have to run to check its testimony, if you say that they are not there o_O.

I ran to the places where the compass was pointing in the twilight forest, and there are no pilons, as you said, just the marks point to an empty place, so this is a bug of some kind.
Report that on the GitHub.

F

Fishy51

I made a test setup near some energy with a max tier imitation core with 1 purple crystal boosted by a max tile accelerator and I still can't get anything to go into the collector. I tried different tier cores and without the accelerator as well.

I assume that I'm the owner as it is a singleplayer survival game (unless something went horribly wrong :confused:). I tried using the linker and supplying redstone signal but nothing seems to work. Unless there is something I'm missing or some kind of mod conflict I'm unsure of what to try next.

Setup for reference:
2018-05-23_18.39.21.png

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The directory structure? I might have been a bit vague, the server is hosted remotely, so I don't have any directories above the one the main server files are in.
That is to say, the servers root directory contains the config folder, the mods folder, the forge jar, etc. Hope that clears that up.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The directory structure? I might have been a bit vague, the server is hosted remotely, so I don't have any directories above the one the main server files are in.
That is to say, the servers root directory contains the config folder, the mods folder, the forge jar, etc. Hope that clears that up.
Check your logs (serverside); are there mentions of recipe files?

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I can't find any mentions of the recipe files. I can find them on the clientside though, so this is a server side issue.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
This is the first refining information I have ever seen on the CME issue, though I am dubious that it is the cause in all cases.

My guess is that the Single Player CME problem is the SP server getting overloaded from constantly having too "ping" the network, this gets compounded radically when you add a Crystal Storage/Lumen Tree to the network(guessing it's pinging all available pylons, even when the tree/storage is at max), yes I still do get CME's sense removing the Lumen Tree, and the Crystal charger but they are not happening nearly as much, and well honestly it kinda makes the mod "meh" not everyone has time to play on a server ...

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
My guess is that the Single Player CME problem is the SP server getting overloaded from constantly having too "ping" the network, this gets compounded radically when you add a Crystal Storage/Lumen Tree to the network(guessing it's pinging all available pylons, even when the tree/storage is at max), yes I still do get CME's sense removing the Lumen Tree, and the Crystal charger but they are not happening nearly as much, and well honestly it kinda makes the mod "meh" not everyone has time to play on a server ...

Do the trees ping the pylons even when the relevant element is maxed out? I've tried looking at the code, but Reika's setup for the networking system baffles me.

Anyway, one more question from me. ChromatiCraft is one of my favourite mods because of the sheer amount of content in it. I've explored most of the mod at this point, except for one thing:

The Glowing Towers and Unknown Artefacts. I've looked through the code, and it seems like only a finite number of these generate per world, I think these were added after I started the world, so I might be missing the worldgen. Is there a way to retrogen only these features? (The last time I tried running retrogen, the game hung for about 10 minutes before crashing from a stack overflow).

And if the towers and artefacts do generate infinitely, would you mind giving me a hint as for what exactly I'm looking for or a general idea of where to look?

F

Fishy51

On the CME issue, I used to get the "chromaoverlay" version even with the network dismantled in my base for a little bit then they went away. Though I find it happens more frequently the more colors I am drawing on, and it happens less frequently since I turbocharged my pylons.
Usually 10 - 15 minutes when drawing many colours and 1 - 3 hours if I have minimal use (1 fabricator making netherack).
Also it never happens when I'm in another dimension.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
This is not true at all; it has nothing to do with what CMEs are.

Do the trees ping the pylons even when the relevant element is maxed out? I've tried looking at the code, but Reika's setup for the networking system baffles me.

Anyway, one more question from me. ChromatiCraft is one of my favourite mods because of the sheer amount of content in it. I've explored most of the mod at this point, except for one thing:

The Glowing Towers and Unknown Artefacts. I've looked through the code, and it seems like only a finite number of these generate per world, I think these were added after I started the world, so I might be missing the worldgen. Is there a way to retrogen only these features? (The last time I tried running retrogen, the game hung for about 10 minutes before crashing from a stack overflow).

And if the towers and artefacts do generate infinitely, would you mind giving me a hint as for what exactly I'm looking for or a general idea of where to look?
They do not generate infinitely.

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019

Glowing towers are incredibly rare and fairly easy to miss. The name gives you the impression that they would be of decent size, but they are actually small. What's more is that they don't even glow or animate until you get close to them. It took me a very long time to find my first one and I only found it by using a command that checks for them. Here is the lexicon entry of what they look like:
OZgnrKm.png

Artifacts on the other hand are very easy to notice if you are in one of those regions they spawn in. You'll know you are in the right area if you start seeing some purple particles following you around. Also be careful with the artifacts --- they are hazardous and you probably do not want to set up your base in a region that generates them. Between these and the pylons, CC really hates villagers :p

F

Fishy51

I got lucky and stumbled upon one of those towers a few thousand blocks out while searching for the cliffs biome in my current game and spawned in the same chunk as one in a previous game. Sometimes luck is a harsh mistress. :p

I still haven't figured out the use of the crystal right-click UI yet. It just makes a "wrong sound". Has the function been implemented yet?

Also what place is better to post feature ideas? Here or github?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I got lucky and stumbled upon one of those towers a few thousand blocks out while searching for the cliffs biome in my current game and spawned in the same chunk as one in a previous game. Sometimes luck is a harsh mistress. :p

I still haven't figured out the use of the crystal right-click UI yet. It just makes a "wrong sound". Has the function been implemented yet?
You have not filled it. :p

Also what place is better to post feature ideas? Here or github?
Here.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the code, the Player Imitation Core seems rather limited in its capabilities. What if it also allowed mob spawners to run when the player isn't nearby, at a reduced rate depending on the tier of the core?

F

Fishy51

You have not filled it. :p

I guess I'll have to try a little bit harder to figure this out then!:D

I was thinking about a fluid tool that could link to a crystal tank or other valid fluid storage, or be able to store X amount of fluid in it and allow you to place the fluid in world. I know there are machines that fill holes and the like, but this would be useful for small scale placement rather than click tank, place fluid, click tank, repeat.

Another thought would be a biome compass for your biomes. Mostly thinking about how the dimension resets and how hard it can be to find certain ones. Maybe it has an inventory slot that when an item exclusive to the biome is placed it will point to the closest biome it represents so that you would have to have found the biome at least once so that people can't just beeline? i.e cliffstone would point to luminous cliffs or aura glass shards points to crystal plains.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement as I am not familiar with coding, but as someone who spent a few hours and 40k+ blocks searching for crystal mountains for those sweet blocks it would be a very welcome addition.:p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I guess I'll have to try a little bit harder to figure this out then!:D

I was thinking about a fluid tool that could link to a crystal tank or other valid fluid storage, or be able to store X amount of fluid in it and allow you to place the fluid in world. I know there are machines that fill holes and the like, but this would be useful for small scale placement rather than click tank, place fluid, click tank, repeat.
Use the RC spring-powered pump, which has a much larger capacity.

Another thought would be a biome compass for your biomes. Mostly thinking about how the dimension resets and how hard it can be to find certain ones. Maybe it has an inventory slot that when an item exclusive to the biome is placed it will point to the closest biome it represents so that you would have to have found the biome at least once so that people can't just beeline? i.e cliffstone would point to luminous cliffs or aura glass shards points to crystal plains.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement as I am not familiar with coding, but as someone who spent a few hours and 40k+ blocks searching for crystal mountains for those sweet blocks it would be a very welcome addition.:p
That removes the need for exploration altogether, instead turning it into simple "follow the arrow".

Looking at the code, the Player Imitation Core seems rather limited in its capabilities. What if it also allowed mob spawners to run when the player isn't nearby, at a reduced rate depending on the tier of the core?
Making the spawner run its normal behavior is not possible without ASM, and at any rate you are describing RC's spawner controller.