Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, but with turbo-charging is multiple same colored pylons required ? Enriched Lumen tree(if you can get it to fully grow, I'm having a weird issue with mine being stuck at 26m everything) will last forever sense at a certain point, the only items your really making are Void Cells and running farmers, crystal furnaces, and the occasional set of enhanced pendants(if on a server)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Interesting, but with turbo-charging is multiple same colored pylons required ? Enriched Lumen tree(if you can get it to fully grow, I'm having a weird issue with mine being stuck at 26m everything) will last forever sense at a certain point, the only items your really making are Void Cells and running farmers, crystal furnaces, and the occasional set of enhanced pendants(if on a server)
It was intended for use before turbocharging was available, and yes, even a turbo pylon can be overloaded; I have seen it happen on multiple iterations of the dev server.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
It was intended for use before turbocharging was available, and yes, even a turbo pylon can be overloaded; I have seen it happen on multiple iterations of the dev server.

My eyes hurt thinking how bright a base like that would be to me...(colorblind)

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Well... I'm definitely decreasing the dimension difficulty. I've spent 2 hours on the pipe dream one and it's not actually hard, it's just tedious without decent marking/locking mechanisms, also when you aren't extremely vigilant and screw up a rotation without noticing.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Having a ... okay, a rather large issue, which seems to be stemming from ChC. Using the latest versions, I keep getting CMEs relating either to the overlay renderer or something regarding pylon spawns. Got a pastebin of the latest one here; it happens randomly, but it also keeps me from playing for more than about 5 consecutive minutes, making it quite the menace.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I have discovered that I am not a big fan of puzzles. Logic problems? Totally. Things where progress isn't incremental and obvious... less so.

Conway's Game of Life is also one of those things that just seems like witchcraft to me. Not sure why, the rules are simple... the emergent properties on the other hand fail to get understood.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Having a ... okay, a rather large issue, which seems to be stemming from ChC. Using the latest versions, I keep getting CMEs relating either to the overlay renderer or something regarding pylon spawns. Got a pastebin of the latest one here; it happens randomly, but it also keeps me from playing for more than about 5 consecutive minutes, making it quite the menace.

Ya, the CME's have gotten worse, sense the last time I played this mod(v13'ish I think was the last version i played) right now I am at this point, with no answer as to what the problem is, it is getting rather ridiculous trying anything with my ChC world.

This was all at Dim difficultly 9
Pipe Dream hint: start from the exit, not the water drop in point.

Conway's Hint: look for patterns on-line(there's tons of them out there)

Pinball: uhh not sure on the name of it, but forget this one being color blind the receivers and prisms not showing color info in WAILA makes it a pain in the ass(friend of mine did it for me, thanks remote login)

Simon-Says game was made easier(slowed down notes, and the particle's coming off the triggers are "denser" now) I actually did this one by myself with those changes

3D maze, was always easy(structure override for it is not spawning ?)

Complex Spaces, easy (but same problem as 3D maze structure override not spawning)

Shifting Maze, easy but time consuming(structure override is just straight crashing the game when used, something about a "openstruct" command dieing)

Locks and Keys , easy really easy hah

Some switch puzzle(I never got the name too pull up, but it has a MASSIVE pyramid as the entrance.) Easy guessed, sense I couldn't see what the switches were doing. (What's this one based off of ?)

Also how excalty are theses "Persistence Crystals" suppose to work, I've only gotten them to trigger one time, when I had a power outage came back few hours after power was restored, and the dim loaded up fine kept my progress for the puzzle, but as soon as I solved the "section" I was working on, the game crashed something about the struct just died, came back to a hole of shielding cloak.... just kinda made them mehh but they are nice decoration.. that's it.

Last edited:

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I'm at Difficulty 1 because I've got system instability and I kinda just want to get to play with endgame Chromaticraft toys at this point. I'll do it "properly" at some point later for the sense of accomplishment.

Glowing Logic is the switch one... and honestly? It's either broken at Difficulty 1, or I'm missing the point.

As for the other ones:
  • Flowing Logic: Already did that, also prepping the board by working from the outside in works very well to remove frustration and narrow down options. Just really freaking slow. Water flows slowly, and the turning... my god the turning of the locks makes me want to go grab a sandwich!
  • Cellular Automata: Yeah... tried that. All the rakes I tried take too many cells, gliders tend to be diagonal, or interfere with each other, and oscilators aren't amazingly helpful. I finally ended up using a fuse with a bit of manual coaxing. I dislike this one because it encourages cheating. A lot of these patterns took years to be discovered, your typical player is almost certainly going to have to resort to Google.
  • "Pinball" Haven't hit this one yet. I keep getting CTD's thanks to either the game being dumb, or some strange system instability. After the first Proxima re-roll, I just use /biomepng, Elemental Sonar, and /tp. Without worldgen lag? It probably wouldn't be too bad to use the Thrust Boosted Jetpack from RoC to get to the structures. On my system I have to use the glide function and just come back every 5-or-so minutes... or cheat. I prefer the faster option :p
  • Crystal Music: I used a graph paper system and pausing the game. Write down the colors on the left, the position on the wheel in the box, and progress the columns for each position in the sequence (so the first note is the leftmost column, the 6th is the rightmost). Annoyed that I basically have to pause, but whatever.
  • 3D and shifting maze I just cheat. I don't like walk-through mazes enough to tolerate ones with gimmicks, maybe if I had some time to waste and didn't need to worry about my system crashing... but probably not.
  • Complex Spaces was... blah. I keep getting stuck in loops because I forgot the trigger for the way I want to go. I beat Antichamber, so I know the tricks. But I doubt I'll ever find Complex Spaces fun.
  • Locks and Keys: This is how a puzzle dungeon should be done. PROBLEM SOLVING, which builds upon itself, teaching you concepts and then making you use them. I just wish there were more room options. I understand why there aren't, but that doesn't mean I don't want more of my favorite puzzle :p

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
At dim diff 9, I got all the puzzles I listed twice, except pinball, and conway pretty easy
also look up swan pattern if you want a simple one to run thru it

but now though, can't even play at all half-way thru turbo' my full network and all I get is CME's every time I pop a repeater off..

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Do I have to beat all the puzzles in a "reroll" of the dimension to repair the monument? I have the prizes from the puzzle dungeons, but it's from multiple resets.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
You don't have to beat all puzzles in one go, I think. There is no way for the dimensional cores to identify when you got them, seeing as they don't have NBT as far as I'm aware, so they should theoretically just work.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
when you get the final core, progression pops and points you towards the monument, and you can get as many Locus as you want just make sure to pickup all the cores after you run the final bit.

C

ConnCraft

Can the enchanter not apply higher level enchants to an armor piece with a lower level? Or did I mess up and accidently make my pants only have protection 1?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
If I’m understanding you correctly, no; an item cannot be further enchanted once it’s already been enchanted, so you may have messed up :( that said, if you ended up with a bunch of leggings of protection I of the same material, you could combine those in an anvil to make higher protection ones if I remember correctly?

C

ConnCraft

No, I only enchanted 1 pair of pants and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't re-enchant. Is there a way to get more than one enchant?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
No, I only enchanted 1 pair of pants and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't re-enchant. Is there a way to get more than one enchant?
Yes, but only with different enchants (I think; you could try overwriting an existing enchant with this method?) - using an anvil and a book with the relevant enchant on it.

C

ConnCraft

Yeah, I might have to. On a related note, I just went back and watched SentinalhMC's video, and he increased the enchant level multiple times, but mine didn't do that. Is that a bug?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yeah, I might have to. On a related note, I just went back and watched SentinalhMC's video, and he increased the enchant level multiple times, but mine didn't do that. Is that a bug?
Unfortunately, on that I can't assist - vanilla enchanting mechanics I know about, ChromatiCraft I'm only just getting into!

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
You should be able to, just tested in creative, and I can get a Fire Protection I chestplate upgraded all the way to Fire Protection IV, including all steps in between.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame