Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019
I have a very, very specific layout, and it screws with it enough to drive me up a friggin wall. That, and I'm obsessive enough that, even if I didn't need to, I'd likely end up memorizing the order, anyway, since my brain just kinda does that without my asking.

Oh god, you're not alone! If that pickaxe isn't next to that sword isn't next to that gun isn't next to that bag...... *twitch*

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
as far as I know, invtweaks only sorts your own inventory,
You can sort a chest.

Someone else can sort the chest that you have arranged.

The default is that a key will sort on press, and there's no "undo" if you hit the key by accident.

Or, given all the mods, you were expecting a different mod to use that key.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly a stupid question: How do I plant the crystal seeds? Do they need the enrichment vines or some specific kind of soil to grow in?

I

ichmagPopcorn

you just plant them on normal dirt, be aware that they are not intended to be used for farming shards

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thanks. For some reason, it didn't even occur to me to try regular dirt. I keep having little moments of feeling kinda dumb with this mod. It took until hours and hours in, when a recipe called for an intact crystal cluster, for me to even think about trying to harvest them whole with Silk Touch, for example. Now I can stand on top my Chroma Collector surrounded by Zamboni crystals to get the liquid XP I need, instead of smelting endless stacks of charcoal like I was before. :p

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to double post, but I've run into another problem. I've done the painstaking work to set up the a Lumen network, and as far as I know it works: when I right click my final repeaters, they all pop up a number to confirm they're attached to a node. I can't get the ritual table to actually draw that power, however. I'm trying to use the basic Pylon surge protection ritual, and it lets me start it, but it just never draws in energy. It just makes pleasant music and a swirling particle effect forever, the pie chart of colors never starts filling in. There are dotted lines from my repeaters to the altar when I hold a repeater and look at it, I've connected all the right colors, the altar's letting me start the ritual... I can't figure out what's going wrong. :( What am I missing?

edit: I filled up a "repeater source" using the network, confirming that energy can pass through it. It just doesn't want to go into my ritual table for some reason.

Edit 2: Figured it out. The four mini pillars in the middle of the altar were blocking line of sight by the tiniest margin. Going into creative and duplicating another repeater closer to the altar structure fixed the problem. Reika, you trollin with these pillars.

Last edited:
I

ichmagPopcorn

as far as I understand, the dotted lines show only that a repeater placed on that block on that face the line is pointing at. so you might have to place the repeaters surrounding your ritual table one or two blocks higher

I

ichmagPopcorn

if you used the correct energized version of the blocks, I think they do, but it takes some time as they are completely empty

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, can confirm. Once rebuilt, they do indeed take time to become useful again. Should also go without saying that breaking turbocharged pylons is an Extremely Bad Idea (TM).

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
However, some of the air blocks are actually important and must be air. This matters if you have say, railcraft's heat blocks enabled, as those can prevent them forming. I figured that out the hard way, I think Reika decided not to fix, wasn't worth the effort to make them compatible with air like blocks given mods which add them aren't too common, railcraft is the main offender after all. Although I suppose using something like thaumcraft lamps that light up more than the standard area could break them too, as they generally create air like light sources.

Been a while though, might be remembering the reason for it wrong, pretty sure it was a never fix problem when I reported it though.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, they also can screw with things like crops. Heat blocks, as far as I'm aware, are a vestigial part of Railcraft that can appear for any number of reasons, I think I've even had them appear just by my walking about. Its extremely vexing and I always just disable them when I roll a new instance, since they appear to have absolutely no purpose.

A similar story is the reason things like Arcane Lamps and the like can also disrupt crop growth and placement. Due to how Minecraft's light system, ahem, works, the only real variable over which one has control is the intensity of the light, not the spread. Thus, to make anything light a larger area than glowstone, you need what's colloquially called "lamp air," invisible, intangible blocks that output light. These blocks are usually at the same y-level as the lamp, which is why you have to put them one above your crops. The biggest exception to this that I've found appears to be ReactorCraft's tritium lamps, which create a huge sphere of lamp air when placed.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, they also can screw with things like crops. Heat blocks, as far as I'm aware, are a vestigial part of Railcraft that can appear for any number of reasons, I think I've even had them appear just by my walking about. Its extremely vexing and I always just disable them when I roll a new instance, since they appear to have absolutely no purpose.
I mean, they're still actively used by the mod I believe, not so sure on 1.10, the trackman's goggles have a mode which lets you see them. I'm not sure of any other mod which provides that ability actually, the ability to track other players and their paths. The wiki says they only last half an hour though, so coming back in a couple of hours should make them vanish probably, depends on the code.

It's situational, but there are definitely reasons in multiplayer where being able to see anywhere anyone has walked in the last half hour could be useful, less so in single player, but not everything works as well in single or multiplayer anyway.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
How about a record encoder, that takes music from records and lets it be played on the crystal orchestra.

Then combined with the portal gun mod and some redstone, you can build a test chamber laser light show that opens and closes portals based on the notes played.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ironclaw2000

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with my casting table. My casting table was part of a casting temple and was working perfectly, but now after I removed the mods Forestry and Gendustry, it shows only one diamond at the top, doesn't have the 5x5 grid, and won't craft anything, not even the most basic casting table recipes. It is also unbreakable; I can't pick it up. I've tried logging out and restarting the game, even putting the mods back in, but the casting table is still bugged.