Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

HelluvaRoman

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Reika, I was wondering if you are going to make storage/building blocks (like the dye blocks) for the various dusts and gems in chromaticraft. For example, I feel like a lumenite block and luma dust block would be incredible!!! They could also be used to upgrade the casting complex once you attained elemental mastery to fit with the upgraded casting table.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hey Reika, I was wondering if you are going to make storage/building blocks (like the dye blocks) for the various dusts and gems in chromaticraft. For example, I feel like a lumenite block and luma dust block would be incredible!!! They could also be used to upgrade the casting complex once you attained elemental mastery to fit with the upgraded casting table.
It is not worth the effort or multiple block IDs.

bassomarko

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i hope your are right and it's only because of my empty pylon, so i guess i need the wait until the lumen tree is full because i dont know a way to "pause" it

If the only thing you're missing is enough lumens, the table would still let you start the crafting process, it would just never finish due to lack of lumens. There is something else not letting you craft.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the last version of chc is bugged, i think i will just use nei cheat mode and trade the components, nothing is clear so i wont focus on that

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If it were rune placement, then the result wouldn't even show up. I believe the problem is insufficient progression, somewheres.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
In the book i'm at the "Other world" achievment, i did every case before it so maybe there is some hiden progression somewhere, the only thing i miss for now is the "ether berries" i found 0 of it, i added the twilight forest to my pack, maybe it will help, also added thaumcraft, maybe it's like forestry = cant progress without it

EDIT : 0 rune needed for the tile accelerator, only some lumen, more of the same lumen at each tier, and my table show the result as Ravy said it wouldnt if the temple/components were wrong. But it dont seem to be an issue from lumen because i crafted some Power crystal without any problem even while me tree was charging.
After entering the twilight forest i unlocked a new case in my book but i still cant craft it so let's try to find an ether berries

Last edited:

bassomarko

Jul 29, 2019
The lumen tree acts as a battery, so your network will draw from it as needed. The fact that it's charging does nothing to slow your network down IME. I have no idea why you're getting the 'can't craft this' for that recipe, maybe Reika can give a hint.

It's definitely not a bug btw, I just crafted a tile accelerator up to 256x with no problems.

Last edited:

bassomarko

Jul 29, 2019
So I had to figure out where to put the 256x tile accelerator I just made, and I think I found something suitable :D

HEquy75.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ShadowHawk707

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Maybe the last version of chc is bugged, i think i will just use nei cheat mode and trade the components, nothing is clear so i wont focus on that
"I can't do thing, even though there is a clear "you cannot do this" indicator. Must be a bug, since there's absolutely no possibility I simply do not understand what I am doing".

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I always ask a ton of questions about Reika mods, because more often than not, it's been me not understanding things (casting room points north), and I think only once it's actually been a bug (extractor not doubling nether ores).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
"Other world?" I believe I know what you're missing: have you made the portal rift and gone to the dimension, yet? The high-tier adjacency cores may require it before you're allowed to craft them.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
So being color blind, creating patterns with lumen network is giving me headaches it seem's the Multi-Aura repeaters will only let you link certain "colors" to them when the rune inside is showing that color(I'm not absolutly sure on this as I can't see the actual color, I can barely make out the rune inside them), also is there some uhh graphical guide to show were lumens are traveling thru repeaters?

Overall though I haven't had many problems with the mod in general, other then I wish highlight tips worked on the 2d overlays for building structures(pixel matching sucks hahaha)

One more Question, I have a few Pylons that are same colors sitting right next to each other, if I plug them both in will the Network Balance Load between the two? or just empty one out and use the 2nd as a backup?

Last edited:

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get "A second layer", I've gone to the ceiling of the nether and it seems to not work.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How do you get "A second layer", I've gone to the ceiling of the nether and it seems to not work.
You have to get on top of the Nether ceiling. Look up while wandering about the highest Nether caverns; ChC adds ways through the bedrock that you'll be able to see.
Alternatively, you could use Vanilla glitches to get through the bedrock, or just brute-force it with RotaryCraft's bedrock breaker.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Or to be slightly more precise, it's similar to the burrows and hollows and whatnot, there is a specific structure you have to find and loot to get it to register. Just run around looking for structures once you reach "the second layer" and you'll get it eventually, there's a few different ones and not all count.

On a related note, spoilers about the structures and a question/probable bug report on them.

I felt kind of stupid for not realizing earlier how to safely loot all five chests from the spiral one, made things so much easier once I got that.

In the structure with the nether portal the shielding stone was mineable even without touching anything for me, makes them super easy to cheese instead of the intended method. At least, I presume pouring the lava in the holes is the intended method, pretty sure that was the solution. Haven't played for a few weeks.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
I used Pistons + blocks to finish the Redstone Circuit, didn't realize that the structure was breakable from the start lol, and thoose dioramas can bite me freakin Ghast spawner grrrr