Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
I made two lumen beacons, see the following screenshots:
Beacon 1
Beacon1.jpg
Beacon 2
Beacon2.jpg

How can I check whether they are correctly formed and transmit to each other? I tried putting a set of Kurauri repeaters next to both of them (as you can see in the screenshots), yet the repeater at the first beacon reports that it is not connected. The repeater at the second beacon is connected to a Kurauri pylon.

[edit]
They are also roughly 1800 blocks apart from each other.

Last edited:

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Are they exactly orthogonal?

Why would they have to be orthogonal? In the code there is no orthogonality check. I will check in SSP nevertheless.

[edit]
Apparently they have to be, thanks. It probably is the line-of-sight check, and for that they have to be almost orthogonal.

Last edited:

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019

FTB forums haven't been letting me log in for a few days, so I couldn't answer until now but here's what I've worked out on this:

A fake player using a bedrock pickaxe can in fact harvest spawners, and doing so does generate the mobs created when a real player does the same. I rigged up a mob grinder that harvested a sheep spawner using a dynamism tablet with a bedrock pick and passed the spawner back into being placed using a vacuum hopper, transfer node, and another dynamism tablet. The result was grinding sheep so fast that it would make a ronery shepherd in a remote pasture jealous.

It's a bit inconvenient to set up a spawner programmer from ChC in a creative world due to power issues, but I got my bedrock pick made last night on my server, so I can test it there. I do know that at least a couple of Outer Lands bosses are on the list in the spawner programmer, as well as all the Witchery bosses and the EC3 boss. Will test when I get a chance.

R

RequiemStar

So I have also Made the Lumen Beacon structures to help carry light to my casting complex from far away about 1300 blocks. I figured it's there build and and try it out.... well I've pretty much exhausted myself trying to get them to work. Making sure I built them right and removing beacons and placing them back down to see if that's the issue. Used my manipulator and linker thinking that would do it... but still nothing. I saw the post about them being orthogonal... so do they have to be on the same x or z axis and if that's the case does their y axis have to match as well? Any help in this would be appreciated... I'm about to pull my hair our.

R

RequiemStar

so I've got my lumen beacons on the same level now same x axis and their y asix match as well... I've got a color going into the one far away and connected to the multi aura beacon at the bottom and I was assuming that linking the structures was done with the linking tool. But that hasn't worked as of yet. Now the linking glass works but sometimes getting it to link is tricky cause there are times it doesn't seem to want to do it.. so you have to break the glass and put it back down and try again ao my guess is what ever i'm doing wrong with the linking glass i'm doing wrong with the lumen beacons but as to what that is I'm not sure. When i test linking it different ways there is no sonsistent option that seems to stand out. Like put both glasses down first and then link the first one to the second one or put one glass or the other different combinations i've gone through. it just seems to like it randomly and link. I figured I'd go through those same steps with the lumen beacon but haven't even gotten any message stating it's linked to anything. Soeither I'm doing it wrong or the linker doesn't link them and so I'm at a loss of what to do next. Any hints would be most appreciated.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
so I've got my lumen beacons on the same level now same x axis and their y asix match as well... I've got a color going into the one far away and connected to the multi aura beacon at the bottom and I was assuming that linking the structures was done with the linking tool.
Nope, they work the same way as any other repeater, if the structure is valid they'll connect to another beacon provided there's line of sight. Yes, that will require manually checking the entire line of blocks between the structures for obstructions.
But that hasn't worked as of yet. Now the linking glass works but sometimes getting it to link is tricky cause there are times it doesn't seem to want to do it.. so you have to break the glass and put it back down and try again ao my guess is what ever i'm doing wrong with the linking glass i'm doing wrong with the lumen beacons but as to what that is I'm not sure. When i test linking it different ways there is no sonsistent option that seems to stand out. Like put both glasses down first and then link the first one to the second one or put one glass or the other different combinations i've gone through.
The linker only works one-way on warp glass, you must link A to B, then B to A. edit: This also makes it possible to link e.g. A->B->C->D->A if you want to.

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
After travelling over 7000 blocks from my base, I finally found a biome with Luma Lotuses. I'm just wondering, is it possible to farm the various magical flowers that ChC adds? (If it is, don't tell me how to do it - I want to figure that out myself!)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Define "farming." Do you mean simply pulling it from anywhere without having to mine it yourself, or making them renewable like wheat? I know the former is possible, the latter, however...dunno if that's possible or not.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
After travelling over 7000 blocks from my base, I finally found a biome with Luma Lotuses. I'm just wondering, is it possible to farm the various magical flowers that ChC adds? (If it is, don't tell me how to do it - I want to figure that out myself!)

You can grow the new flowers (Enderflower, Luma Lotus, Resonant Clover, Ether Berries, Void Reeds and Aury Ivy) once you have at least one.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Use shears.

Since nobody would ever figure this out by themselves without looking at the code, you can also speed up growth considerably (~4x) by
placing resonant ender underneath the block they're growing on, with an additional bonus for void reeds next to chroma.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Use shears.

Since nobody would ever figure this out by themselves without looking at the code, you can also speed up growth considerably (~4x) by
placing resonant ender underneath the block they're growing on, with an additional bonus for void reeds next to chroma.

However, I can't tell from the code how you grow the Enderflowers. I have some sitting next to a fertility bloom but I never grew an Enderflower yet.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
However, I can't tell from the code how you grow the Enderflowers. I have some sitting next to a fertility bloom but I never grew an Enderflower yet.
They will refuse to grow if directly adjacent to another enderflower. Other than that there are no special requirements except open grass to grow onto.

U

UNG_God

any one has anything new from the update , that would be good enough to shown in a video? since i guess we wont ever discover all the hidden uses for the aura locus, i am waiting for any extra stuff to record the last episode; for now is only the crystaline stone and smooth stone made with the plant cobble gen. Also any one did get the last ability on th lexicom? i am just missing that one.

R

RequiemStar

I can't figure out how to use the fertility bloom i've put it on all types of gound tried putting it on trees and the other chromaticraft plants tried it on water. lava and a cactus even tried seeing if it would craft into a peice of dirt because from the description it seems like it's suppose be easy to place in a farm. I tried putting into a plot that had the breeding and crop sticks and at this point i feel out of options on how to use it.... any help would be appreciated?

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
I can't figure out how to use the fertility bloom i've put it on all types of gound tried putting it on trees and the other chromaticraft plants tried it on water. lava and a cactus even tried seeing if it would craft into a peice of dirt because from the description it seems like it's suppose be easy to place in a farm. I tried putting into a plot that had the breeding and crop sticks and at this point i feel out of options on how to use it.... any help would be appreciated?
The only thing I know it can be planted on are enrichment vines. That's not to say other things don't work, but those do.

Last edited: