Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
Reika, I found an exploit with the crystal furnace.

If you have MCA installed, you can turn a diamond into diamond dust and then smelt it for 2 diamonds. You can have infinite diamonds if you keeping converting a diamond into dust and smelting it.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Reika, I found an exploit with the crystal furnace.

If you have MCA installed, you can turn a diamond into diamond dust and then smelt it for 2 diamonds. You can have infinite diamonds if you keeping converting a diamond into dust and smelting it.
The crystal furnaces checks to see if an item is OreDicted as a dust before doubling it. He needs to register it as such.

Pterodactlol

Jul 29, 2019
I think I have a progression bug as shown in the attached images.
I am unable to craft the crystal repeaters even though my casting temple is set up properly, as seen in Image 1. My progression up to "Broadcasting" is shown in Image 2. The only progression items above "Broadcasting" that I am missing are "Painful Loss", "Ocean Temples", and "Buried Hollows". I am running Chromaticraft v11b as part of the Revolution 2 modpack v2.4.0.

Attachments

• Nope crystal repeater.png
    Nope crystal repeater.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 92
  • chromaprogress.png
    chromaprogress.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 88

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I am unable to craft the crystal repeaters even though my casting temple is set up properly, as seen in Image 1. My progression up to "Broadcasting" is shown in Image 2. The only progression items above "Broadcasting" that I am missing are "Painful Loss", "Ocean Temples", and "Buried Hollows". I am running Chromaticraft v11b as part of the Revolution 2 modpack v2.4.0.
It worked for me.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Judging by the image, I don't think your casting table has enough xp. Try crafting more.
Wait, I don't think that's it. I've seen this before, it tends to resolve itself after reunlocking something that should've been unlocked already; e.g. going to the nether spontaneously fixes progress. No idea what causes it.

Last edited:
U

UNG_God

he does have enough xp, the table can already be upgraded to complex, but he probably still lack some experimentation with other stuff to unlock repeaters, i had something like that too.

Reikas i did saw on GT thread that Chc is freezing the game with gtu 5 when using nei to check for use on gtu item, and it realy does, but it is an unofficial version of gt5. With gt6 (official) the game goes well, even the future flame seems okay.

gtu thread

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If memory serves, @Pterodactlol, ocean temples and buried hollows are both gating, for some things. I'm not sure if they gate repeaters or not, but you will need to find one of each, at some point. Not 100% certain, but I also think, like UNG_God said, that you need to make/use a couple more things with your casting thingie before you can hit repeaters. I'm not totally sure what it is, though...

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
Hi.. sorry for being a bit of a noob here, but how in the world do you find secret burrows? I've been looking around for ages, but can't seem to find any. Any tips would be helpful.

Also, can someone explain how the empty fragments are unlocked through "exploration"? I'm assuming that you need to progress in the top right tab (progress), but if I'm wrong, please tell me how it actually works.

Other than that, loving ChromatiCraft and looking forward to unlocking a lot more.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
How exactly do you break an Ethereal Barrier once you've placed it down?
That's actually a bug, for the moment you'll need creative mode.

Hi.. sorry for being a bit of a noob here, but how in the world do you find secret burrows?
Hope to get lucky wandering through a cave, or if you're getting desperate fly around really fast and look for a small structure through half-rendered chunks. It isn't gating until way late in Chromaticraft, anyway.

edit: Wait, secret burrows? I misread, those are easier. Look around plains and such for a little 1x3 depression; it'll be obvious when you find one. Technically, they can spawn almost anywhere - I've even found one at y=170 at the top of a tiny BOP Jade Cliffs plateau - but they're much easier to spot in flat biomes.
Also, can someone explain how the empty fragments are unlocked through "exploration"? I'm assuming that you need to progress in the top right tab (progress), but if I'm wrong, please tell me how it actually works.
Blank fragments will write themselves on pickup provided you have the progress to unlock anything, and when they do, shift+right click with the lexicon and put your written fragments in there. Chromaticraft has like 5 separate progression systems, some of them hidden, and the requirements to unlock new fragments are a mix of them.

In general, upgrading your casting altar structure whenever possible, crafting new things when you ascend a tier, and following the unlocks in the progress tab will get you through the mod.

Last edited:

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, how do you unlock "Weak Magic Foci" in the "Progress" tab. I heard it was crafting and placing a rune, but that didn't work, so I craft 16 of each rune and placed 1 of each type, still didn't work.

Also, I can't seem to get the info for the first casting altar structure. I'm assuming that's gated behind "Weak Magic Foci".

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Quick question, how do you unlock "Weak Magic Foci" in the "Progress" tab. I heard it was crafting and placing a rune, but that didn't work, so I craft 16 of each rune and placed 1 of each type, still didn't work.

Also, I can't seem to get the info for the first casting altar structure. I'm assuming that's gated behind "Weak Magic Foci".
No to both.

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, it turns out I do have the fragment. However, for some reason it only shows up when I take out all of the info fragments except the ones that go in the "Structures" category. If I put any of the ones that aren't in that category in, the "Structures" category doesn't show up.

Possible glitch?

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Ok, it turns out I do have the fragment. However, for some reason it only shows up when I take out all of the info fragments except the ones that go in the "Structures" category. If I put any of the ones that aren't in that category in, the "Structures" category doesn't show up.

Possible glitch?
...Scroll down.

Pterodactlol

Jul 29, 2019
it tends to resolve itself after reunlocking something that should've been unlocked already; e.g. going to the nether spontaneously fixes progress. No idea what causes it.

If memory serves, @Pterodactlol, ocean temples and buried hollows are both gating, for some things. I'm not sure if they gate repeaters or not, but you will need to find one of each, at some point. Not 100% certain, but I also think, like UNG_God said, that you need to make/use a couple more things with your casting thingie before you can hit repeaters. I'm not totally sure what it is, though...

I can confirm that my temple is set up correctly since another player on the server who doesn't have this issue was able to use my temple to make repeaters (with his own casting table, since they are now player-locked).

I found a crystal shrine, made several more items, and tried to re-trigger the prior progression entries. None of that worked. I think it is time for another method of investigation.

The commands "chromaprog -3" and "chromaresearch -3" used to spit out messages saying what progression and research I had and was missing, but the syntax of the commands has changed and I can't figure out how to operate them properly. Can you help with these commands, please?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I think what you want, looking at the code, is one of the following:

/chromaprog debug research
/chromaprog debug fragment
/chromaprog debug all

U

UNG_God

Also, can someone explain how the empty fragments are unlocked through "exploration"?
When you have made enough progress on the mod that would trigger a fragment to became a page, it will do so, if you are getting blank fragments, it means you dont have any knowledge atm to take another step foward.

it has more to do with using it(/wink), than just crafting it.

Possible glitch?
It is a common problem i had with the mod as well, setup you GUI to normal (not auto) , the last tab should shown normaly now.

I found a crystal shrine, made several more items, and tried to re-trigger the prior progression entries. None of that worked. I think it is time for another method of investigation.
It is kind of dificult to understand what is required to make a progress, if you have crafted every item you could at this point and did not get it, idk, sometimes one item that at first dont seems to have a conection, is the one to unlock a progress.

No news on that hard to get and no use at sight locus aura?

Pterodactlol

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/g1WVD

The above link shows what /chromaprog debug returns. It says that I am at the CHARGESELF level, but I can't progress to MULTICRAFT. It does not say what research I do need to progress. I have of course charged myself from a pylon using the elemental manipulator.

Some of my research fragments were obtained from another player who was further into Chromaticraft.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the first casting structure and, if so, have you placed any runes? If memory serves, that's one of the steps towards unlocking the 5x5 casting thingie.

Pterodactlol

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the first casting structure and, if so, have you placed any runes? If memory serves, that's one of the steps towards unlocking the 5x5 casting thingie.

Of course I have...
Yes, I have made the casting room. I made some stuff with that and then I made casting basins. I upgraded my casting room to a casting temple. I have made several more items with that. The only thing I can't seem to make are the repeaters.

From what I can tell, something in the mod failed to tick my progress and now I am completely stuck unless there is some way to force the mod to recognize my progress.