Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
On a server I play on, I recently lost my completed lexicon to a death. It contined every fragment I've found so far, but I still have hundreds in my ME system from mining. Is there any way to restore or re-craft the info fragments to complete a new lexicon?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I think the second tab on the right side lets you copy stuff into a book that you know so long as you have paper and ink your inventory.

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
Its only showing the crystal burrow with no other interface options. I made a new lexicon with all of my discoveries still intact. All i need is the info fragments that I lost in the old lexicon.

ninjanomnom

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some issues with progression if anyone is willing to help.

I've unlocked pylon crafting and crafted some of the things from there. I can't progress further because the only locked achievement I have access to is the recharge achievement which has an image of a power crystal. It seems to talk about upgrading a pylon but I don't see anything about how to set up the structure, and putting the power crystals around the pylon doesn't seem to do anything (I've tried various places in a circle outside the pylon and on top of the runes of the pylon).

The only structures I haven't made from the lexicon are the lumen tree and focus frame, but I can't make the lumen tree because I don't have access to a luminescent battery.

Info fragments stay blank when I put them in my inventory.

Sorry if it's something obvious I'm missing, I've been doing this blind up until this point where I have no idea what to do. I just followed the achievements tree up until now :/

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'm having some issues with progression if anyone is willing to help.

I've unlocked pylon crafting and crafted some of the things from there. I can't progress further because the only locked achievement I have access to is the recharge achievement which has an image of a power crystal. It seems to talk about upgrading a pylon but I don't see anything about how to set up the structure, and putting the power crystals around the pylon doesn't seem to do anything (I've tried various places in a circle outside the pylon and on top of the runes of the pylon).

The only structures I haven't made from the lexicon are the lumen tree and focus frame, but I can't make the lumen tree because I don't have access to a luminescent battery.

Info fragments stay blank when I put them in my inventory.

Sorry if it's something obvious I'm missing, I've been doing this blind up until this point where I have no idea what to do. I just followed the achievements tree up until now :/
You placed the power crystals correctly, but the pylon has to be used to trigger it.

Its only showing the crystal burrow with no other interface options. I made a new lexicon with all of my discoveries still intact. All i need is the info fragments that I lost in the old lexicon.
Did you actually try it?

cutter4ever

Jul 29, 2019
Server crashing when trying to enter the chromaticraft dimension. Getting this error.

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000052d496af, pid=7832, tid=3848
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_66-b18) (build 1.8.0_66-b18)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.66-b18 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# V [jvm.dll+0x4b96af]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to call it a bug, because it's likely I'm just doing it wrong. For the Painful Loss achievement, I'm holding my lexicon, and letting a pylon kill me, but the achievement does not trigger. Am I understanding that incorrectly? Or does it matter that keepInventory is set to true?

ninjanomnom

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika

I've tried activating every block of the pylon structure with and without an elemental manipulator. On the off chance by "use" you mean craft something that uses the pylon, I went and made an enhanced pendant while my tahara pylon has the power crystals. Should the pylon have any animations when I upgrade it with this method?

EDIT: I got it to work by removing and replacing a block in the pylon structure. Now I'm just having some issues with the lumen tree not wanting to be recognized but I should be able to figure it out from here. Thank you ^^

Last edited:

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 8.51.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 8.52.17 PM.png
@Reika Yes I've tried it... not sure exactly what you mean, but I accessed the second tab on the right with paper in my inventory, and all that appeared was a crystal burrow fragment. I tried clicking on it and nothing happened, and the typical lexicon movement keys did nothing

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of which, has the J8 issue been resolved yet? Is the detail of what's made/making it fail even known?

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
IIRC, Reika doesn't know exactly why it happens, but running the client using the G1 garbage collector instead of the more common Concurrent Mark Sweep garbage collector fixes the crash. Starting in v10, I think Chromaticraft is going to start forcing a crash if the client isn't using the appropriate garbage collector on launch. So, kind of fixed, in a way.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
IIRC, Reika doesn't know exactly why it happens, but running the client using the G1 garbage collector instead of the more common Concurrent Mark Sweep garbage collector fixes the crash. Starting in v10, I think Chromaticraft is going to start forcing a crash if the client isn't using the appropriate garbage collector on launch. So, kind of fixed, in a way.
...Which only applies to those on Java 8.

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
So there's no way to convert all of my blank info fragments into valid info fragments? I have all of the discovery tiers completed except for the altar reconstruction. Please tell me there's a way to do this.
Note: I've already tested the second tab on the right of the lexicon and got some weird results. (See images and explanation from previous post)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, I really hope not.

First, I have never been able to get G1GC to run without consuming all the memory that it might use (it goes to maximum allocation very quickly).
Second, I have never been able to get G1GC to NOT run if it doesn't have to.

CMS will only run when memory gets used, and it doesn't allocate more than it needs to. That it never frees memory up after grabbing it is a minor matter, given the constant leak in modded minecraft.

But G1GC ... I expected (after reading about it) that there would be some way to say "Only run when you are low on memory or have known blocks with lots of garbage". Instead, it runs even if there's nothing happening (or at least, I was never able to find a configuration that would not).

For example, a server with no one on will settle down into a very occasional CMS small collection every hour or so (and gets there faster with SuspendedServer to disable almost everything when no one is on).

So, if anyone has managed to figure out how to configure G1GC to:
1. Not run constantly,
2. Not consume the worst-case memory usage all the time,
3. Have pause times low enough that there is no "sudden non-responsiveness" of the old throughput collector (the older J7 default collector)

PLEASE, tell me. I never figured it out.

Reactions: gallowglass

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. . . question. . . when building our base we didn't know anything about Chromaticraft. Now I am up to building a Casting Complex. Problem is that the nearest pylon is 1500m away. Our biome has none that generated. Working the numbers it looks like I would need something like over 55 repeaters just to get one pylon linked to my complex.

Outside the painfully obvious, rebuild my complex away from my base to a new location, is there any other way that is more efficient to get energy to my current complex at my base?

I am guessing building pylons is out of the question? Though I have the schematic for one, everything I read online seems to indicate we can't build them.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Ok. . . question. . . when building our base we didn't know anything about Chromaticraft. Now I am up to building a Casting Complex. Problem is that the nearest pylon is 1500m away. Our biome has none that generated. Working the numbers it looks like I would need something like over 55 repeaters just to get one pylon linked to my complex.

Outside the painfully obvious, rebuild my complex away from my base to a new location, is there any other way that is more efficient to get energy to my current complex at my base?

I am guessing building pylons is out of the question? Though I have the schematic for one, everything I read online seems to indicate we can't build them.
You cannot build pylons, and if the nearest pylon is 1500m away, you either have abysmally bad luck or are not looking hard enough.