Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
hello i am pretty far in progress in chromaticraft and i now need to unlock the endgame section, but i dont even know how to unlock it. i have all achievements in the achievement tab till "Top-tier Crafting" and i did even unloch and i have some info fragments left but i can`t see the info fragments. do i need to craft more in the casting table or maybe it is a bug? hope for some help :)
Endgame comes well after Pylon-level crafting. What you are seeing is very much not a bug.

i have a problem with tier 3 casting table (casting temple). when i'm trying to craft "crystal repeater" recipe is visible but result is crossed by red circle with stripe and it's impossible to start crafting.could you say me what is it caused by and how to fix it?
Insufficient progress.

First, I thought pylons could not be destroyed in survival, only in creative.
Second, you've been saying that once you really need them, you need more of them than you actually have, even with them regenerating fast enough for a multiplayer server without someone hogging/draining it all.

Yet now, if I'm reading this correctly, you are saying that in order to speed up one pylon, you have to destroy two others -- which makes a nice balance, by the way -- yet ruins the scalability for a multiplayer server unless there is something else going on that I don't know about (which is very, very likely).
You needed to cannibalize them for the portal structure, too.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I remember seeing a research scrap stating that crystalline stone was craftable. Never got it though.

This mod is painfull to progress in if for some reason dungeons become rare. Then you only have the cromaticraft dungeons as a source of fragments. Of course linking to dungeons could also make it super easy if you get a favorable dungeon gen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I remember seeing a research scrap stating that crystalline stone was craftable. Never got it though.
It is one of the first ones...and only some is craftable.

This mod is painfull to progress in if for some reason dungeons become rare.
And RotaryCraft is painful if iron is rare. And Thermal Expansion if copper becomes rare. And AE if quartz becomes rare.

So...?

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
AE is more of an exception to resource starvation. As long as you have one quartz, you can make an infinite amount just with the mod itself.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It is one of the first ones...and only some is craftable.

And RotaryCraft is painful if iron is rare. And Thermal Expansion if copper becomes rare. And AE if quartz becomes rare.

So...?

Iron is seldom rare. You or someone else has to deliberately change its ore gen to make RoC painful. Iron is easy to look for and aquire and spawns predictably.
Dungeons though require luck and a lot of searching. Unless you've changed it you only get 1-3 from dungeon loot and you need about 120 of those scraps to progress.
Does ChromatiCraft have a dungeon finder I have not yet discovered? If not Is that even possible to implement?
Then again I am out of date with it as I shelved it as I was progressing way too slow.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

protokardas93

Jul 29, 2019
Question, if you pick up a casting table, does it keep it's progress? A buddy and I are sharing a base and I really don't want to have to make two casting altars.

protokardas93

Jul 29, 2019
Oh thank god. So all we have to do is swap out our respective casting tables for the casting complex? My casting table will still recognize the structure the made and the be able to use the repeaters he placed? Same with the Ritual Altar?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
i should find some fragments or craft something? if i should craft, what it is?
It does not work that way. Read the lexicon.

Oh thank god. So all we have to do is swap out our respective casting tables for the casting complex? My casting table will still recognize the structure the made and the be able to use the repeaters he placed? Same with the Ritual Altar?
Yes.

protokardas93

Jul 29, 2019
"New pack"?
Yeah... a lot of the 161 mods in the custom modpack need to be updated and the admins would basically need to build a new pack to sort out compatibility issues that come with the new updates which they couldn't really do cause of a lot of staff retiring and the owner having medical issues that prevented him from being active... but that's going off on a tangent.

Would swapping out the casting tables for the complex still work with version 6f of Chromaticraft?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Yeah... a lot of the 161 mods in the custom modpack need to be updated and the admins would basically need to build a new pack to sort out compatibility issues that come with the new updates which they couldn't really do cause of a lot of staff retiring and the owner having medical issues that prevented him from being active... but that's going off on a tangent.

Would swapping out the casting tables for the complex still work with version 6f of Chromaticraft?
That is for you to find out, possibly the hard way.

traktorist1995

Jul 29, 2019
could you tell me some way to calculate casting table experiense? and is there any way to activate casting complex because i put blocks in right position, but it doesnt work.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
could you tell me some way to calculate casting table experiense? and is there any way to activate casting complex because i put blocks in right position, but it doesnt work.
There should be some number of diamonds in one of the corners of the casting table's interface; these tell what tiers of items it is able to craft. You can increase the tier by crafting stuff in the table; however, higher-tier recipes will still be locked until you've built the appropriate multiblock structure around the table.

That's my understanding, at least... I haven't really played around with it.

Reactions: Reika

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
Question... Is it better to charge your energy crystals, and build a lumen tree before you start using multi-aura repeaters to get to your casting complex, or does that not matter? I ask because I know multi-aura repeaters have less throughput, and I am not sure if the extra power gets lost once it hits this bottleneck.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Question... Is it better to charge your energy crystals, and build a lumen tree before you start using multi-aura repeaters to get to your casting complex, or does that not matter? I ask because I know multi-aura repeaters have less throughput, and I am not sure if the extra power gets lost once it hits this bottleneck.
Multi-auras have more throughput.

Pterodactlol

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble progressing to the ENDGAME research level. Using "/chromaresearch -3" has revealed that I am at the PYLONCRAFT level and I am missing DEATHPROOF and SPAWNERSEE to progress. However, when I pick up more blank research fragments, they remain blank. I am running Chromaticraft v8g as part of the Revolution modpack.
chromaprog.png

research 1.png

research 2.png