Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
What the ???

Reminds me of some maze exploration/adventure games for the TRS-80. Although everything looked like 90 degree turns on-screen, there was a 5-sided pentagon hallway in one, there were "corners" that were straight in one direction, and had a strange left/right turn in another (these were at "hinge" points where two different sections of the maze came together), and a revolving door ... if you did manage to catch the hinge points, rather than being surprised by them, it was actually possible to map the revolving door to 4 adjacent spots, but most people usually failed to do so.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The dimension just got background music. :D

Here is the full track in full quality, at full volume:

https://soundcloud.com/reikakalseki/chromaticraft-dimension-ambient-version-1

Note that this is only a preliminary version, and is subject to change.

Also, it will be much more quiet and subtle ingame. :p
Wow, I didn't know the draconic rocket scientist was also a musician. This is actually pretty good.

It may be a little repetitive after about five minutes (but the removal of the pipes at 6:00 fixes that, so not a big problem), and the fact that the last note (at 8:30) isn't the tonic really bugs my musical OCD (try adding one final note a whole step lower than the current last note)... but speaking as a musician myself, you really seem to know what you're doing.

Also, this is probably an obvious question (and I apologize for my ignorance if you've already dealt with this- I've yet to figure out how to get to the ChC dimension, much less actually go there), but have you found a way to keep the Vanilla music from playing while your ambiance is?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Wow, I didn't know the draconic rocket scientist was also a musician. This is actually pretty good.

It may be a little repetitive after about five minutes (but the removal of the pipes at 6:00 fixes that, so not a big problem), and the fact that the last note (at 8:30) isn't the tonic really bugs my musical OCD (try adding one final note a whole step lower than the current last note)... but speaking as a musician myself, you really seem to know what you're doing.
It is designed to be background and looping, hence the repetition and odd ending. :p

Also, I am not a musician. I write music, and (badly) play a keyboard, but my musical education ended in Grade 10. :p

Also, this is probably an obvious question (and I apologize for my ignorance if you've already dealt with this- I've yet to figure out how to get to the ChC dimension, much less actually go there), but have you found a way to keep the Vanilla music from playing while your ambiance is?
Yes. :D

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aah, indeed they are! S'what I get for going by what I get via Google image search, and not the actual, in-game manual.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ooh, shiny... but I have no idea what it does... maybe a new way to make boosted shards? Probably not, knowing Reika, but it'd certainly be more intuitive than throwing berries and shards into liquid chroma.

Maybe it's some kind of endgame item that fabricates crystal shards from lumens? Or burns shards for some kind of effect?

marco6971

Jul 29, 2019
Reika what do you think to add a compatibility with baubles for pendant? Sorry for bad English

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Given you only have one baubles slot and multiple pendant slots, and CC has the Aura Pouch, useless.
How about an option to make it ONLY function while used as a Bauble with the option of it also working while in the Aura Pouch?