Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Only the rainbow tree spreads the biome, and that is a disabled-by-default config

So can you find rainbow tree saplings as dungeon loot, or do they appear in the world outside the rainbow forest biome? I don't have an issue with a player questing to obtain them and then be able to make a safe area using the trees to make a RF biome. I just want to avoid walking into a free place of perfect safety.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So can you find rainbow tree saplings as dungeon loot, or do they appear in the world outside the rainbow forest biome? I don't have an issue with a player questing to obtain them and then be able to make a safe area using the trees to make a RF biome. I just want to avoid walking into a free place of perfect safety.
The biome generation cannot be turned off.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Got an issue...I have the fragment for the pendants in my book, and I can see the recipes both thru it and NEI, buuuuuuuuuut, they're only showing the crystals and nothing else.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
It'll give me the crafting square in the book, and the text at the bottom will tell me what I need (pearls and whatnot), but the only item visible on the crafting grid is the crystal, the rest are not only invisible, but mousing over those spots in the crafting grid doesn't yield a tooltip. Likeeeee...

Code:
XXX
XCX
XXX

X is nothing and C is the crystal. Yet, I have the fragment, it tells me the rune I need and where to put it, just not the full crafting recipe. Not even in the full, creative mode book.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
It'll give me the crafting square in the book, and the text at the bottom will tell me what I need (pearls and whatnot), but the only item visible on the crafting grid is the crystal, the rest are not only invisible, but mousing over those spots in the crafting grid doesn't yield a tooltip. Likeeeee...

Code:
XXX
XCX
XXX

X is nothing and C is the crystal. Yet, I have the fragment, it tells me the rune I need and where to put it, just not the full crafting recipe. Not even in the full, creative mode book.
My advice would be to go back to your recipe page for the pendant, then look on the right side of the recipe page for arrows. Once you get into the casting structure, it starts expecting you to have item stands to 'expand' your crafting table with, and it shows the extra components only by accessing the page that shows the item stands. Otherwise, as you said, it only shows the stuff that goes into the crafting table GUI, but none of the rest of the stuff.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, guess I'll try that...only up to a casting temple, so far, so I'm not sure if I've enough to get the full Monty going.

bassomarko

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help me with the dimension portal? I've built it according to the lexicon, but when I jump into the actual portal blocks I hear a repeated 'clunk' noise but nothing else. I have a feeling that ender crystals are required, but I don't know where or how many. My lexicon entries for the portal rift and the ender crystal both read "#NULL", although I can see the crafting recipe and make them just fine.

I even thought it may have been a problem with resonant ender from TE being ore dictionaried as the ender essence, but that didn't help. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Can anyone help me with the dimension portal? I've built it according to the lexicon, but when I jump into the actual portal blocks I hear a repeated 'clunk' noise but nothing else. I have a feeling that ender crystals are required, but I don't know where or how many. My lexicon entries for the portal rift and the ender crystal both read "#NULL", although I can see the crafting recipe and make them just fine.

I even thought it may have been a problem with resonant ender from TE being ore dictionaried as the ender essence, but that didn't help. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Not going in means you lack the progression or the structure is incomplete.

bassomarko

Jul 29, 2019
Not going in means you lack the progression or the structure is incomplete.
So no ender crystals required? I've checked and rechecked the structure. I have 124/126 pages in my lexicon (or whatever is two less than the full book), and my progression in the right tab is down to the dimension one, but it won't complete, even after I crafted the portal rift blocks.

I wish there was a video or a screenshot of the completed working portal, I don't know what else to check.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So no ender crystals required? I've checked and rechecked the structure. I have 124/126 pages in my lexicon (or whatever is two less than the full book), and my progression in the right tab is down to the dimension one, but it won't complete, even after I crafted the portal rift blocks.

I wish there was a video or a screenshot of the completed working portal, I don't know what else to check.
Eight Ender Crystals are required.

As for progression, using the portal is gated behind several other steps, but all of those also gate the recipe, so that is unlikely to be your issue.

bassomarko

Jul 29, 2019
Eight Ender Crystals are required.

As for progression, using the portal is gated behind several other steps, but all of those also gate the recipe, so that is unlikely to be your issue.
Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry if I seem dense, it would just be nice if something in the lexicon said it required ender crystals and where to put them on the structure.

Keep up the good work, I am a huge rotarycraft nerd and love chromaticraft!

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm enjoying the hell out of the travel paths. Its like running on MFR roads with maxed-out MPS armour all over again, except this time, I don't run the risk of lighting myself on fire!

[ETA]

I think I'm getting the hang of this thing! Just need to find more damned fragments. Also, what does the zambarau pendant do? I managed to make one, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything...

[ETA 2]

Aww, I can't make homemade pylons with multichromic runes? :(

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Okay, I'm enjoying the hell out of the travel paths. Its like running on MFR roads with maxed-out MPS armour all over again, except this time, I don't run the risk of lighting myself on fire!

[ETA]

I think I'm getting the hang of this thing! Just need to find more damned fragments. Also, what does the zambarau pendant do? I managed to make one, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything...
Boosts XP drops.

Reactions: RavynousHunter

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
So I might have made a mistake... I recently linked my account to the new mojang account and then changed my minecraft name to a name I use currently. This broke thaumcraft and baubles which was easy to fix by just renaming the files in the save folder. I think it has also broken chromaticraft for me although.

My Lexicon no longer shows any recipes when I go to any part of the book (NEI Still shows them). My page fragments also still work (take them out of the book and they still show the specific research), but I've crafted 100~ item casting stands, the enchanter, ~100 heat lillies, and a lumen lamp controller and have yet to level up my casting table, or complete the achievement for the next casting temple.

I had just built my first casting structure (coal and lapis) and hadn't done much aside from fill in the runes for the floor so I could make all the things for the first tier, but hadn't done anything aside from entry and basic crafting (no rune crafting tier stuff yet). Is there any commands to reset everything to the start for the research and item building, but keep my exploration (or a command to put that to the beginning again and then put it back to full.)

Also for reference I have 42 of 131 pages unlocked

Or if you know of a way to easily fix this i'd be happy to do that.

Sorry if this is confusing. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks in advance

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So I might have made a mistake... I recently linked my account to the new mojang account and then changed my minecraft name to a name I use currently. This broke thaumcraft and baubles which was easy to fix by just renaming the files in the save folder. I think it has also broken chromaticraft for me although.

My Lexicon no longer shows any recipes when I go to any part of the book (NEI Still shows them). My page fragments also still work (take them out of the book and they still show the specific research), but I've crafted 100~ item casting stands, the enchanter, ~100 heat lillies, and a lumen lamp controller and have yet to level up my casting table, or complete the achievement for the next casting temple.

I had just built my first casting structure (coal and lapis) and hadn't done much aside from fill in the runes for the floor so I could make all the things for the first tier, but hadn't done anything aside from entry and basic crafting (no rune crafting tier stuff yet). Is there any commands to reset everything to the start for the research and item building, but keep my exploration (or a command to put that to the beginning again and then put it back to full.)

Or if you know of a way to easily fix this i'd be happy to do that.

Sorry if this is confusing. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks in advance
CC stores everything on the player NBT and all tiles remember the UUID, so yes, you lost everything.

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
CC stores everything on the player NBT and all tiles remember the UUID, so yes, you lost everything.

Dang... How do I go about fixing this aside from starting a new world?

Also weird thing. My elemental manipulator kept my chroma levels from exploring all the pylons, and my UUID is the same as before.

Is there a command to just reset all chromaticraft progress?

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Dang... How do I go about fixing this aside from starting a new world?

Also weird thing. My elemental manipulator kept my chroma levels from exploring all the pylons, and my UUID is the same as before.

Is there a command to just reset all chromaticraft progress?
You do not need to start a new world, and the tool stores nothing.

Also, yes, there is a command. /chromaprog -2 and /chromaresearch -2.