Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

DC2008

Jul 29, 2019
A player on my server is having ChromatiCraft/Bloodmagic interaction problems. Specifically, pylons always one-shot him.

Additional details--He is at (or near) the top of the blood Magic tech tree and has essentially 0 ChronatiCraft progress. He routinely runs around with lots of LP. The one-shotting occurs without regard to the amount of LP he has stored.

My understand from lurking is that Pylons do extra bad things to folks who play with Blood Magic. Would it be possible, however, to add a config to dial it back a little?

For thematic reasons, the player is not much interested in ChromatiCraft (it is too engineer-y for him). Oh, in a couple hours I could pull him through enough ChromatiCraft progression to get the pylon protection ritual and then let him run an altar piggybacking off my lumen network. But that seems an inferior option.

Reactions: Lethosos

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A player on my server is having ChromatiCraft/Bloodmagic interaction problems. Specifically, pylons always one-shot him.

Additional details--He is at (or near) the top of the blood Magic tech tree and has essentially 0 ChronatiCraft progress. He routinely runs around with lots of LP. The one-shotting occurs without regard to the amount of LP he has stored.

My understand from lurking is that Pylons do extra bad things to folks who play with Blood Magic. Would it be possible, however, to add a config to dial it back a little?

For thematic reasons, the player is not much interested in ChromatiCraft (it is too engineer-y for him). Oh, in a couple hours I could pull him through enough ChromatiCraft progression to get the pylon protection ritual and then let him run an altar piggybacking off my lumen network. But that seems an inferior option.
What version are you using? This was fixed in v4.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
For the first time since... I can't remember when, I have some free time and a lack of other projects, so I decided to finally try ChrC! :D
I seem to remember it being stated that the preferred method of starting ChrC is to interact with blocks and items until you stumble across what's needed. Is that still the case, or am I just an idiot that can't find out what the book's implying that I can't figure out? :p

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
For the first time since... I can't remember when, I have some free time and a lack of other projects, so I decided to finally try ChrC! :D
I seem to remember it being stated that the preferred method of starting ChrC is to interact with blocks and items until you stumble across what's needed. Is that still the case, or am I just an idiot that can't find out what the book's implying that I can't figure out? :p
To a point, yes. The best method by which to progress in ChromatiCraft is simply to take a look at the book's achievements and unlock as many as possible. Many of them are quite self-explanatory and you shouldn't have any trouble unlocking a significant chunk fairly early. Everything else tends to fall into place as you do so, and by that point you've probably been exploring how the mod functions, at which point you're good to go! Failing that, well, there's always those of us who haunt this thread. ^.^

Tinymaple

Jul 29, 2019
I have finally found the elusive crystal shrine, in a deep ocean biome. This happened while i was searching for the Ocean temple, sadly I have yet to find one. Reika, the sound effects of entering the Crystal Shrine is amazing!

Tinymaple

Jul 29, 2019
I just spent 3 hours looking for a ocrean temple, yet to find one.

Are those Ocean temple exceedingly rare?.......................

or is it just a fanta-sea?

-Ill take my leave now.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
New upcoming feature:

Code:
    if (ModList.TWILIGHT.isLoaded()) {
       for (int i = 0; i < 16; i++) {
         ItemStack is = ChromaItems.SHARD.getStackOfMetadata(i);
         int rarity = CrystalElement.elements[i].isPrimary() ? 20 : 10;
         TwilightForestLootHooks.DungeonTypes.TREE_DUNGEON.addItem(is, LootLevels.COMMON, rarity);
         TwilightForestLootHooks.DungeonTypes.RUINS_BASEMENT.addItem(is, LootLevels.COMMON, rarity*6/5);
       }

TwilightForestLootHooks.DungeonTypes.TREE_DUNGEON.addItem(ChromaItems.FRAGMENT.getStackOf(), LootLevels.COMMON, 8);
       TwilightForestLootHooks.DungeonTypes.RUINS_BASEMENT.addItem(ChromaItems.FRAGMENT.getStackOf(), LootLevels.COMMON, 12);
       TwilightForestLootHooks.DungeonTypes.HEDGE_MAZE.addItem(ChromaItems.FRAGMENT.getStackOf(), LootLevels.COMMON, 4);
       TwilightForestLootHooks.DungeonTypes.LICH_LIBRARY.addItem(ChromaItems.FRAGMENT.getStackOf(), LootLevels.COMMON, 15);
       TwilightForestLootHooks.DungeonTypes.LABYRINTH_VAULT.addItem(ChromaItems.FRAGMENT.getStackOf(), LootLevels.COMMON, 15);
       TwilightForestLootHooks.DungeonTypes.SMALL_HOLLOW.addItem(ChromaItems.FRAGMENT.getStackOf(), LootLevels.COMMON, 6);
       TwilightForestLootHooks.DungeonTypes.MEDIUM_HOLLOW.addItem(ChromaItems.FRAGMENT.getStackOf(), LootLevels.COMMON, 8);
       TwilightForestLootHooks.DungeonTypes.LARGE_HOLLOW.addItem(ChromaItems.FRAGMENT.getStackOf(), LootLevels.COMMON, 12);
     }

Last edited:

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
I just spent 3 hours looking for a ocrean temple, yet to find one.

Are those Ocean temple exceedingly rare?.......................

or is it just a fanta-sea?

-Ill take my leave now.

They are pretty dang rare.

It took me something like 5 hours to find mine. Keep looking... that is the best advice I can give you.

also, very punny.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
So, having finally secured a significant hardware upgrade for my computer in the form of a new motherboard, processor, RAM, and video card (though it suffers a glitch on rare occasion), I am no longer experiencing those CME's at all and can play my world again! Woo!

In unrelated news I've built as much of the portal structure as I can. I'm unclear on the specific locations of the liquid chroma save for the one placed on top of the pillars, so I'm leaving that alone for now. That structure makes some bloody creepy sounds, Reika. In some ways, it's actually pretty appropriate to have it next door to the blood ziggurat, rather thematic in that sense. Related to the portal structure, is it intended to be useable just yet? I saw in your MCF thread that our book doesn't show the ender crystals it apparently requires, so I thought I'd ask you before I commit resources to those. If nothing else, my personal power level is lacking at the moment and combat tends to skew towards 'risky' just yet. Need to upgrade my equipment... bah.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So, having finally secured a significant hardware upgrade for my computer in the form of a new motherboard, processor, RAM, and video card (though it suffers a glitch on rare occasion), I am no longer experiencing those CME's at all and can play my world again! Woo!

In unrelated news I've built as much of the portal structure as I can. I'm unclear on the specific locations of the liquid chroma save for the one placed on top of the pillars, so I'm leaving that alone for now. That structure makes some bloody creepy sounds, Reika. In some ways, it's actually pretty appropriate to have it next door to the blood ziggurat, rather thematic in that sense. Related to the portal structure, is it intended to be useable just yet? I saw in your MCF thread that our book doesn't show the ender crystals it apparently requires, so I thought I'd ask you before I commit resources to those. If nothing else, my personal power level is lacking at the moment and combat tends to skew towards 'risky' just yet. Need to upgrade my equipment... bah.
It works, and the dimension will see some use in v7. :p

Reactions: Wraithflay

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
They are pretty dang rare.

It took me something like 5 hours to find mine. Keep looking... that is the best advice I can give you.

also, very punny.

I keep finding them. They look like L shaped structures in ocean biomes. I've found 3 already in a 2 km radius from my base.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I think they can also spawn in Deep Ocean biomes, as well. I know the world I'm playing on has a...problem with generating proper god damned oceans, but still managed to find a pair practically atop one another (just a few dozen meters apart) in a Deep Ocean a few kilometers from home.