Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Cypren

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but was the "sentients killed by a pylon drop fragments" system changed at some point recently? I've just started playing with ChromatiCraft 6f, and setting up a MFR spawner of villagers next to a pylon isn't dropping fragments like it used to in v3/v4. I looked through the change logs and couldn't find any references to removing this functionality, so I'm wondering if it was either a stealth nerf or if something else in my (customized) modpack is interfering with the drops.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but was the "sentients killed by a pylon drop fragments" system changed at some point recently? I've just started playing with ChromatiCraft 6f, and setting up a MFR spawner of villagers next to a pylon isn't dropping fragments like it used to in v3/v4. I looked through the change logs and couldn't find any references to removing this functionality, so I'm wondering if it was either a stealth nerf or if something else in my (customized) modpack is interfering with the drops.
I removed it due to abuse.

Cypren

Jul 29, 2019
I removed it due to abuse.

Fair enough; it was unquestionably an ultra-low effort way of acquiring fragments compared to all alternatives. Thanks for the quick response.

Is it safe to assume that dungeon chests are intended to be the one and only way of finding fragments, and any alternate methods that arise will be nerfed in the future? Or is there some other intentional, less time-consuming method of acquiring them that I simply haven't come across yet?

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough; it was unquestionably an ultra-low effort way of acquiring fragments compared to all alternatives. Thanks for the quick response.

Is it safe to assume that dungeon chests are intended to be the one and only way of finding fragments, and any alternate methods that arise will be nerfed in the future? Or is there some other intentional, less time-consuming method of acquiring them that I simply haven't come across yet?
You might be able to get them with the looniums from botania, not sure if reika stops that though, since IIRC crystals won't drop from it. On the topic of botania as well, it would be kinda cool if there was a flower that made mana from lumens, probably one of the green ones, I forget which one is which.

Cypren

Jul 29, 2019
You might be able to get them with the loonies from botania, not sure if reika stops that though, since IIRC crystals won't drop from it. On the topic of botania as well, it would be kinda cool if there was a flower that made mana from lumens, probably one of the green ones, I forget which one is which.

Loonium drops were disabled in V6d.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Heya Reika, got some feedback for ya today! You know how we have various achievements to guide us through various steps of the mod, which then unlock research and such through the fragments? I've been working my way down as best as I can (got the old world restored and fully functioning, for what it's worth), and just unlocked the achievement for 'static skies are empty', referring to the other boss we all know and love/hate. The problem, of course, is that I already killed said boss some time ago, at the same tier of achievements where it asks 'surely there can't be anything weirder than the land of flying jellyfish'. After all, I can't really get back home until I kill that boss, which presents a problem in that now I can't clear this achievement further down. Furthermore, I also have Hardcore Ender Expansion installed which changes said boss, potentially not allowing the achievement to clear. That's just guessing however, for all I know you've accounted for that possibility. Now granted, I can regenerate my End (for the third time now, heh) specifically to kill the boss yet again, but it's certainly an irritation.

Should the boss kill achieve be tied to the same tier as the exploration achieve for that dimension? I feel like it should, if only because I usually don't bother to kill the Wither until such time as I need a Nether Star, which is pretty late in my own progression typically. Any thoughts on it? Do I need to regenerate the End again for this one? Will it even work with HEE installed? Thanks for your time, Reika.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Heya Reika, got some feedback for ya today! You know how we have various achievements to guide us through various steps of the mod, which then unlock research and such through the fragments? I've been working my way down as best as I can (got the old world restored and fully functioning, for what it's worth), and just unlocked the achievement for 'static skies are empty', referring to the other boss we all know and love/hate. The problem, of course, is that I already killed said boss some time ago, at the same tier of achievements where it asks 'surely there can't be anything weirder than the land of flying jellyfish'. After all, I can't really get back home until I kill that boss, which presents a problem in that now I can't clear this achievement further down. Furthermore, I also have Hardcore Ender Expansion installed which changes said boss, potentially not allowing the achievement to clear. That's just guessing however, for all I know you've accounted for that possibility. Now granted, I can regenerate my End (for the third time now, heh) specifically to kill the boss yet again, but it's certainly an irritation.

Should the boss kill achieve be tied to the same tier as the exploration achieve for that dimension? I feel like it should, if only because I usually don't bother to kill the Wither until such time as I need a Nether Star, which is pretty late in my own progression typically. Any thoughts on it? Do I need to regenerate the End again for this one? Will it even work with HEE installed? Thanks for your time, Reika.
Either delete the end manually or turn on the config for CC to do it automatically.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Either delete the end manually or turn on the config for CC to do it automatically.
I have now killed the Dragon for the third time, and the achievement remains unfinished. I also have 3 Dragon Eggs to show for it. I will admit I cheated the hell out of this just to get it out of the way, as I just can't see anything properly in The End and the Dragon is a rather nasty fight with Hardcore Ender Expansion installed. I'm assuming then, that the version of the Dragon which HEE created is not code-compatible with the original version, thus not clearing the achievement.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Reika, could this progression be triggered from picking up the egg, rather than directly by killing the dragon? This *should* fix Wraithflay's issue without breaking anything else, and would also allow multiple people to complete it on a server without spawning a bunch of extra dragons or resetting the End a bunch.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Reika, could this progression be triggered from picking up the egg, rather than directly by killing the dragon? This *should* fix Wraithflay's issue without breaking anything else, and would also allow multiple people to complete it on a server without spawning a bunch of extra dragons or resetting the End a bunch.
CC has a config to reset the end automatically. No, picking up the egg is insufficient, because it could be given trivially.

Reactions: Azdule

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
For what it's worth to any who may be encountering the same issue I did and pulls this up from a search or what-have-you, Hardcore Ender Expansion directly conflicts with ChromatiCraft progression. You cannot unlock a progression step within ChromatiCraft while it is installed due to the original Ender Dragon not existing, and therefore you cannot slay it to fulfill the conditions of that step. The only fix as of this version (v6f) is to permanently or temporarily uninstall Hardcore Ender Expansion, regenerate your end, slay the original dragon, and then restore HEE if that's your desire. Having said that, I'd advise simply not using HEE with ChromatiCraft if possible, as the Ender Dragon makes for a pretty good source of EXP and you'll need quite a bit of it as you get further into ChromatiCraft!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
For what it's worth to any who may be encountering the same issue I did and pulls this up from a search or what-have-you, Hardcore Ender Expansion directly conflicts with ChromatiCraft progression. You cannot unlock a progression step within ChromatiCraft while it is installed due to the original Ender Dragon not existing, and therefore you cannot slay it to fulfill the conditions of that step. The only fix as of this version (v6f) is to permanently or temporarily uninstall Hardcore Ender Expansion, regenerate your end, slay the original dragon, and then restore HEE if that's your desire. Having said that, I'd advise simply not using HEE with ChromatiCraft if possible, as the Ender Dragon makes for a pretty good source of EXP and you'll need quite a bit of it as you get further into ChromatiCraft!
Does the HEE dragon not extend the vanilla class?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
The Ender Dragon Ritual summons a gradually upgraded dragon for every New ritual. Might not be an issue, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The HEE and Draconic Evolution dragons are mostly the same as the vanilla dragon. The HEE one is more dangerous, since he gets a special attack when he's low on health, but other than that, its all flying around, doing collateral damage, and being an utter, complete scrub like the regular dragon.

Reactions: Wraithflay

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The HEE and Draconic Evolution dragons are mostly the same as the vanilla dragon. The HEE one is more dangerous, since he gets a special attack when he's low on health, but other than that, its all flying around, doing collateral damage, and being an utter, complete scrub like the regular dragon.
Does anyone happen to know the fully qualified class name?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I believe DE's is com.brandon3055.draconicevolution.common.entity.EntityCustomDragon, that's from the version that ships with Infinity 1.2.1. I dunno what it is for HEE, since I don't have a recent enough version to look at with any kind of confidence.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I believe DE's is com.brandon3055.draconicevolution.common.entity.EntityCustomDragon, that's from the version that ships with Infinity 1.2.1. I dunno what it is for HEE, since I don't have a recent enough version to look at with any kind of confidence.
Checked the github, it extends the vanilla dragon class.