Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Zoomg

Jul 29, 2019
Did you break the crystal lamp and the p̶y̶l̶o̶n̶ that thing that looks like, is named, and has the id of a pylon, but is really a structure controller?
After nothing else worked, yes. Still didn't get it completed so I'm guessing it was a bugged spawn somehow.
Now to find another rare structure:(

Zoomg

Jul 29, 2019
For the 40th time, it is not a pylon.
It seems waila didn't get the note;)

Edit: Just after posting I found one of the ocean temples, and I encountered a weird bug. One of the chests in the room with the not-pylon remained locked after breaking the ...thing
Not really able to get you any more info than that as it didn't crash anything, sorry

Another edit: Rightclicking chest just made a sound effect(not same as opening a working chest)
Trying to break it caused it to reappear a few ticks later
Walking into it however broke it and threw loot all over the place

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Using version 5C of ChromatiCraft, I have a minor issue to report: the dye saplings (in this specific case I discovered, the cyan sapling) appear normally-coloured when in your inventory or on the ground, but when you click on them to move them somewhere, they become white-coloured saplings. They turn back to what they're supposed to be when you put them somewhere, so the change only seems to take place when they're in your cursor.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Using version 5C of ChromatiCraft, I have a minor issue to report: the dye saplings (in this specific case I discovered, the cyan sapling) appear normally-coloured when in your inventory or on the ground, but when you click on them to move them somewhere, they become white-coloured saplings. They turn back to what they're supposed to be when you put them somewhere, so the change only seems to take place when they're in your cursor.
Then Minecraft is not using color blending there. That said, try removing other rendering/item mods like OptiFine, LiteLoader, NEI, or similar.

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
I recently re-watched a video showing what the EMP machine does to aura nodes. Does it exhibit a similar behavior with pylons? :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Not tested, but I doubt it. I don't think Reika would break his own mod in that way.

Also, the capacity of pylons, unlike TC nodes, is pretty fixed. I guess the EMP might be able to refill the pylon, but that's about it.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Another open question for whoever may be familiar: I'm presently hunting for an Ocean Temple, since it appears to be one of the few pieces of progression I both understand and have a direct goal for finding. The question? Well, how do I best go about finding one? I've been doing fly-overs of the nearby ocean around my base with night vision on, but not seen anything out of the ordinary. Do the temples protrude out of the water? How about out of the seabed itself? Failing those two, am I expected to simply dig tunnels beneath the ocean bed hunting for one of these mythically rare structures? I've gotten a pretty good handle on how to locate Hidden Burrows and Underground Hollows, but the Ocean Temples continue to elude me! /shakefist

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Another open question for whoever may be familiar: I'm presently hunting for an Ocean Temple, since it appears to be one of the few pieces of progression I both understand and have a direct goal for finding. The question? Well, how do I best go about finding one? I've been doing fly-overs of the nearby ocean around my base with night vision on, but not seen anything out of the ordinary. Do the temples protrude out of the water? How about out of the seabed itself? Failing those two, am I expected to simply dig tunnels beneath the ocean bed hunting for one of these mythically rare structures? I've gotten a pretty good handle on how to locate Hidden Burrows and Underground Hollows, but the Ocean Temples continue to elude me! /shakefist
They are visible from the surface.

Reactions: Wraithflay

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
Also if an EMP can disturb nodes, and/or affect pylons, then I would imagine it would also affect when trying to transfer this magic energy such as high tier casting table rituals:p A easter egg lightshow or effect would be awesome :p

Jul 29, 2019
Reika you might want to reconsider the aspects on the rainbinow leaves cause you will always get an basic aspect (per leaf) when you put them into the aspect converter (the block that converts blocks and items into reserch points).

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Well, several hours of nonstop ocean flying later, I'm either utterly blind or these temples are harder to find than the lost city of Atlantis! Glad I made a backup of my world before doing this so I can just revert to the old save rather than spending several more hours flying back... ugh. Are these ocean temples required for progression, Reika? Because at this point I'm frankly more interested in cheating in whatever step is necessary to clear them than spending more time hunting for something that doesn't appear to exist in my world.

On the upside, I found at least four separate underground hollows sticking out into the ocean, several abandoned mineshafts, a mushroom island, more pylons than you can shake a stick at, and an unrelenting sense of 'Is this thing actually real or am I just blind or what?!', haha.

10 minute later Edit: Well son of a monkey's uncle, there one is. o.o; I swear the universe does this to laugh at me. Neeeevermind then, found an ocean temple and all is well!

Last edited:

newabcd

Jul 29, 2019
I have lots of the achievment things e.g tangible energy etc but i have no research. My blank fragments arent transforming either

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have lots of the achievment things e.g tangible energy etc but i have no research. My blank fragments arent transforming either
Get more progress.

Well, several hours of nonstop ocean flying later, I'm either utterly blind or these temples are harder to find than the lost city of Atlantis! Glad I made a backup of my world before doing this so I can just revert to the old save rather than spending several more hours flying back... ugh. Are these ocean temples required for progression, Reika? Because at this point I'm frankly more interested in cheating in whatever step is necessary to clear them than spending more time hunting for something that doesn't appear to exist in my world.

On the upside, I found at least four separate underground hollows sticking out into the ocean, several abandoned mineshafts, a mushroom island, more pylons than you can shake a stick at, and an unrelenting sense of 'Is this thing actually real or am I just blind or what?!', haha.

10 minute later Edit: Well son of a monkey's uncle, there one is. o.o; I swear the universe does this to laugh at me. Neeeevermind then, found an ocean temple and all is well!
Not for mainline progression, but they are required for making something late-game that gates the endgame.

Reactions: Wraithflay

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Not for mainline progression, but they are required for making something late-game that gates the endgame.

That is actually very useful to know and I feel appropriate because they are so difficult to find that they should only slow you down in the end game.

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
Thanks for the updates ^_^ now my coils work again.

Do the temples spawn in Biomes o Plenty 'oceans' like the kelp forest? I'm running Alternate Terrain Generation with BoP support, and if temples only spawn in regular oceans then this'll gate me out of whatever that endgame thing is :(

Also.... where do these ball lightning things spawn and how can I get rid of them? I've not seen a Rainbow Forest yet, but opis is reporting 34 thousand of them somewhere @_@ Alone they take up 12ms, but they also max out the RAM, the GC impact on the CPU is crippling the TPS :(

I'm running V6 atm, but I did run V5c for a few days.

EDIT: Now I have 42 thousand of them >_< Is there a way to disable them entirely?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Thanks for the updates ^_^ now my coils work again.

Do the temples spawn in Biomes o Plenty 'oceans' like the kelp forest? I'm running Alternate Terrain Generation with BoP support, and if temples only spawn in regular oceans then this'll gate me out of whatever that endgame thing is :(

Also.... where do these ball lightning things spawn and how can I get rid of them? I've not seen a Rainbow Forest yet, but opis is reporting 34 thousand of them somewhere @_@ Alone they take up 12ms, but they also max out the RAM, the GC impact on the CPU is crippling the TPS :(

I'm running V6 atm, but I did run V5c for a few days.

EDIT: Now I have 42 thousand of them >_< Is there a way to disable them entirely?
They are likely left over from v5. Use the /selectivekill command.