Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well, I can say that posting screenshots of the structures isn't likely to help you any, or at least won't help you to find them, only to recognize them when and if you do locate one of them. I've personally encountered both of the underground structures, and in fact my current base is located pretty much right next to the 'lesser' of the two. Having said that, the Lexicon does give you a hint on how to find the lesser of the two; it mentions lights at night to be a bit more specific. The other structure I've encountered... well, I encountered it back on my test world (now quite gone due to significant world generation changes in my present pack) and haven't located it yet in the current world. For what it's worth Reika, you had me a bit scared when I encountered that one. Again, the Lexicon does mention this structure, though doesn't really give much by way of hints beyond 'It's underground, pay attention!' to summarize.

On a semi-related note, is the 'lesser' structure supposed to regenerate, Reika? The one near my base has magically reconstructed itself at least once since I started the world, and I've been checking back on it every couple of in-game days to see if it does again (to no avail thus far). While I don't particularly need new knowledge fragments at this time, it'd be a handy method of replenishing them since I've had absolutely no luck in finding another of those structures in my explorations, which should be relatively easy with flight. Alas, I would be mistaken.
No, though this sounds cool.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I did some exploring both to test if my old structure would regenerate yet again (chunk unload, perhaps?) and to see if I could find anything else new. Found a new lesser structure and as per my promise, I have taken screenshots. Note that I won't be embedding them directly; MultiMC uploaded them to imgur, so if you wish to spoil yourself a bit, here's your link.

https://imgur.com/a/yUThK

For what it's worth Reika, unloading the chunk doesn't seem to have regenerated my old structure. I'll let you know if it occurs again, and if there's anything I may have done to have triggered it (though I'm doubtful it's within my ability to influence at this point).

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, scratch the regenerating Secret Burrows, Reika. Turns out I just had two very, very close to the same spot and managed to confuse the two. Rather unfortunate, I kind of liked the idea of the burrows mysteriously regenerating themselves; adds more mystery to just who or what is stocking those things, yanno? Eh well, back to hunting for Kuro crystals so I can get this thing moving!

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
So here's an open question to anyone sufficiently educated in the mod: is there a method to contain and transport entities/mobs? I have consistently been running into the issue where I've wanted to grab and move something, hostile or not, and simply don't have a means available to me within the meager mods I have installed within my pack. I know Safari Nets exist from... I think that's MFR? However, I try to avoid a certain level of technology in my packs, hence the question of whether something like that exists within Chromaticraft.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I don't know Chromaticraft well enough, but I know Botania offers a Rod that can pick up and either throw or drop entities, I can't recall it's name, but i think it uses wheat and either Mana Diamonds or Dragonstones.

Reactions: Wraithflay

Zero_ui9

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO soul vials, the safari nets, and Thaumic Tinkers has a dislocation wand foci, though I don't remember weather it picks up blocks and entities, or only blocks, and if you want to transport peaceful mobs, there is the golden lasso from extra utilities.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You're thinking of the Thaumic Horizons foci, which allows you to store a mob in stasis with a Warded Jar.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Capture Wand.
Excellent, thanks Reika. Looks like I need to invest some more effort into figuring out how to upgrade my crafting altar past level 2. Don't really want to make another dozen chromatic flowers when I don't even know what purpose they serve, haha. Perhaps more crystalline stone...

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Don't really want to make another dozen chromatic flowers when I don't even know what purpose they serve, haha.

Really like the reference in the description tho to a certain person in the community

waddell

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like some of my progression page isn't being completed by what I would assume is the correct action. Can i get confirmation that I'm not doing it right, or that it's not completing for another reason?

Damaging Discharge - I would assume I'm supposed to go get shocked by the pylons. I've died to these many times and this is still encrypted.

Thanks!

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
You have to use the wand thing, I can't remember the name, to absorb alot of energy from the pylons, then die haha

Elmosnovos

Jul 29, 2019
Hey ho Dudes,

is there a way to disable the litle icons that apear if i hold shift? The problem is since i got chromaticraft and if i hold shift and go with my coursor over an item my game will crash with a render problem.

Thanks for your replys:)