Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
All the more reason to load it up. You cannot seriously expect to leave for an extended period and then return to a very much in-progress mod and expect it to remain the same, nor expect me to accept the fact you have not even loaded the game since as justifications for any changes you want to make.
Did I not just say I don't have access to a computer that can play Minecraft right now? Been decent computerless since a month ago.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Did I not just say I don't have access to a computer that can play Minecraft right now? Been decent computerless since a month ago.
You are entirely missing my point. You should have waited until you could load it up before doing anything else, especially if your memory of it is as bad as you say.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
You are entirely missing my point. You should have waited until you could load it up before doing anything else, especially if your memory of it is as bad as you say.
I either come up with ideas or I get bored out of my skull.

waddell

Jul 29, 2019
Do strongholds play a crucial role in the progression of Chromaticraft? My server installed Chromaticraft after generating/looting the strongholds on the server (of which I think you have 3).

Also, I'm getting some Null messages on version 5a. This occurs on a couple of items, one looks like Aura Dust, and the other looks like a tesseract. Is this just unfinished, or do I have an issue?
mc1.jpg

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Do strongholds play a crucial role in the progression of Chromaticraft? My server installed Chromaticraft after generating/looting the strongholds on the server (of which I think you have 3).

Also, I'm getting some Null messages on version 5a. This occurs on a couple of items, one looks like Aura Dust, and the other looks like a tesseract. Is this just unfinished, or do I have an issue?
View attachment 16298
I have several of those #NULL tags myself, but I've been assuming they're entries for mods that I don't have installed. I've also had them since V4c, for whatever that's worth. Beyond that, I can't really comment on whether strongholds are necessary; I know there's an entry involving visiting The End and therefore you need to have located a stronghold with portal, but I've been to that place like twice in my life, and certainly not in my current world. One of those things I likely won't care about until I've gotten something functional out of ChromatiCraft, which thus far hasn't occured. Need to get that Casting Room built, but I have like three or four separate mod buildings/plots still to finish.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

View attachment 16298
Strongholds have the highest fragment generation of any vanilla structure. ChromatiCraft ones have more.

waddell

Jul 29, 2019
Strongholds have the highest fragment generation of any vanilla structure. ChromatiCraft ones have more.

Which Chromaticraft structures are we talking about? Pylons or are there other structures I don't know about?

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
There were underground structures that were added by ChromatiCraft. I remember seeing a clip of them. Unfortunately I could not locate the video =(

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Somebody who finds chromaticraft structures please post screen shots! Would love to know what to look for
Well, I can say that posting screenshots of the structures isn't likely to help you any, or at least won't help you to find them, only to recognize them when and if you do locate one of them. I've personally encountered both of the underground structures, and in fact my current base is located pretty much right next to the 'lesser' of the two. Having said that, the Lexicon does give you a hint on how to find the lesser of the two; it mentions lights at night to be a bit more specific. The other structure I've encountered... well, I encountered it back on my test world (now quite gone due to significant world generation changes in my present pack) and haven't located it yet in the current world. For what it's worth Reika, you had me a bit scared when I encountered that one. Again, the Lexicon does mention this structure, though doesn't really give much by way of hints beyond 'It's underground, pay attention!' to summarize.

On a semi-related note, is the 'lesser' structure supposed to regenerate, Reika? The one near my base has magically reconstructed itself at least once since I started the world, and I've been checking back on it every couple of in-game days to see if it does again (to no avail thus far). While I don't particularly need new knowledge fragments at this time, it'd be a handy method of replenishing them since I've had absolutely no luck in finding another of those structures in my explorations, which should be relatively easy with flight. Alas, I would be mistaken.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Your right it won't help me find them. Just out of curiosity I wanted to know. But the light at night along the horizon didn't seem to help me, but I also thought they where above ground. Now I'm lost on how to find them.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Your right it won't help me find them. Just out of curiosity I wanted to know. But the light at night along the horizon didn't seem to help me, but I also thought they where above ground. Now I'm lost on how to find them.
Well, if my structure regenerates again I'll snap a picture for you. In regards to finding them, all I can say is to watch for odd holes at the surface. I don't know if they have any biome weights or restrictions, but I found mine in a plains on both worlds. The other structure that exists purely underground, well... I don't know a method to specifically locate one. I stumbled upon it by chance when investigating an anomaly in an otherwise natural cavern. The Ocean structure I haven't dedicated much time to seeking out just yet; need to get myself some method of permanent or near permanent night-vision so as to be able to see underwater properly, and hope I can see the structure while doing a fly-by over my oceans. For all I know, it may be underground within an Ocean biome, and therefore wouldn't be seen even if you were above it, much like a vanilla Stronghold. I don't have much hope for ever finding one, but I don't know how much I care at this point in time.

Zero_ui9

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that sometimes I can see the particle effects of the dungeons while the terrain generates/renders, or of course you could use xray if you wanted to find one badly enough. But heres some screenshots if you want to know what they look like, first 3 are of the surface dungeon.
ca8a2dedcc.jpg

3d7e603382.jpg

6a698d046d.jpg

f21a1dc899.jpg
Im fairly sure they can spawn in any biome, and even in mystcraft ages(if you change the config for it) and as shown in the first screenshot, the surface dungeons will always have a small opening with a bit of light coming out. You'd just have to be lucky to find the underground dungeons.

waddell

Jul 29, 2019
Found a water temple, for those who were asking. This is in a spoiler tag out of respect for Reika.

2015-03-21_00.10.11.png

2015-03-21_00.10.32.png