Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to request a Config option to change the Rate at which Golden Apples are given from Rainbow Trees to the Normal Apple rate for three reasons:
1. I can Uncraft them using Twilight Forest and I'd rather not have to remove the Uncrafting table just for Chromaticraft.
2. Some mods can break down Golden Apples back into Gold not just Twilight Forest. This makes Gold worth alot less when It's normally supposed to be akward.
3. This can just be too good for Early game sometimes.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to request a Config option to change the Rate at which Golden Apples are given from Rainbow Trees to the Normal Apple rate for three reasons:
1. I can Uncraft them using Twilight Forest and I'd rather not have to remove the Uncrafting table just for Chromaticraft.
2. Some mods can break down Golden Apples back into Gold not just Twilight Forest. This makes Gold worth alot less when It's normally supposed to be akward.
3. This can just be too good for Early game sometimes.
There is a config for that already.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
"There is no such thing as a stupid question, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots." --Despair, Inc.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
Yay! despair.com!
foresight.jpg

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika two quick questions. First, I appear to be stuck at not being able to craft cores (and therefore repeaters, etc) - is this where the misplaced fragment is stopping me? Second, is it at all possible you could add a decorative block to mimic the particle effect of an active ritual altar? I really like that effect a lot.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@Reika two quick questions. First, I appear to be stuck at not being able to craft cores (and therefore repeaters, etc) - is this where the misplaced fragment is stopping me? Second, is it at all possible you could add a decorative block to mimic the particle effect of an active ritual altar? I really like that effect a lot.
Possibly and that is not a good idea for performance.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Small question: Am I supposed to be able to obtain Firaxite? Because when I break it I get an item that looks like 2 purple corners called cromaticraft.placeholder3. Feels like a WIP thing I probably shouldn't have access to.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Is their Minetweaker support for renaming items or will it cause a crash? I kinda wanna rename the Amulets to Medallions for the reason I only want Bauble Amulets to be called Amulets. This is mainly so there is a ruling about naming for my personal setup. Amulets always meaning equippable, Medallion always meaning in inventory.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I don't think Reika minds people messing with his mods in their personal packs, so long as those packs aren't distributed without his permission and he doesn't get bug reports because users broke things. I don't know if Minetweaker has any commands to rename items, but if it does, I don't see why the syntax for renaming Chromaticraft items would differ from that for any other items.

Calling some items something else doesn't sound like it would break anything, so you're probably OK.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Is their Minetweaker support for renaming items or will it cause a crash? I kinda wanna rename the Amulets to Medallions for the reason I only want Bauble Amulets to be called Amulets. This is mainly so there is a ruling about naming for my personal setup. Amulets always meaning equippable, Medallion always meaning in inventory.
They are called pendants. I really dislike how you are intending to make changes without even being aware of what it was before you changed it. How is this any different from people changing recipes and/or other balance points without doing research?

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
They are called pendants. I really dislike how you are intending to make changes without even being aware of what it was before you changed it. How is this any different from people changing recipes and/or other balance points without doing research?
Sorry about that, I haven't had Chromaticraft installed for awhile due to not having access to a computer that is able to play minecraft mixed with me not wanting to play something like minecraft on anything other than my computer. I'm just trying to plan work ahead so I can finish up my personal modpack (not being released the most it will be used for is a lan party, I know I still need permission for that but It hasn't come time to ask; If you were to say no I would just play it singleplayer. I usually do work only for myself anyway). The times I did give you error logs was from friend testing it while she screenshared, she does not have an account. I guess I could have Pendant be the word for Non-Equippable instead of Medallion, Gotta rename alot in Botania though then. But yes, I have valid reasons for forgetting the name; Also what research next to none of the information is up to date on your mods online.

Also, your mod's are generally balanced enough that I find no reason to change them without asking you why, if it could be changed or request a config option. It's not that I don't do research it's that I have a terrible memory mixed with not being able to double check at the moment. I would also like to say I understand why you are upset about something like this, I would be too but hopefully you can understand my situation and that it wouldn't be upsetting to you now (I personally don't like upsetting you Reika I look up to you to a certain extent).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Sorry about that, I haven't had Chromaticraft installed for awhile due to not having access to a computer that is able to play minecraft mixed with me not wanting to play something like minecraft on anything other than my computer. I'm just trying to plan work ahead so I can finish up my personal modpack (not being released the most it will be used for is a lan party, I know I still need permission for that but It hasn't come time to ask; If you were to say no I would just play it singleplayer. I usually do work only for myself anyway). The times I did give you error logs was from friend testing it while she screenshared, she does not have an account. I guess I could have Pendant be the word for Non-Equippable instead of Medallion, Gotta rename alot in Botania though then. But yes, I have valid reasons for forgetting the name; Also what research next to none of the information is up to date on your mods online.
All the more reason to load it up. You cannot seriously expect to leave for an extended period and then return to a very much in-progress mod and expect it to remain the same, nor expect me to accept the fact you have not even loaded the game since as justifications for any changes you want to make.