Chaos in Wolfville Game Thread!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
So, frederikam did PM me. But he said that he watched himself, and no-one else watched him.

This is the ideal wolf cover so that's why I don't really like it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Would that even be an Investigator anymore then?
For that matter, is the current Investigator even doing much Investigating?
This game is inspired by Trouble in Terrorist Town. I haven't played any of the Gmod version, but I have watched sips and hat films and crew play it, and in a lot of games they play, the detective store has a shield item that will make the detective effectively invincible from the front at the cost of him not being able to use weapons while it's out. The investigator in this game is an attempt to replicate that role as well as I can. Which is why he's publicly announced and has the immunity power.

The idea for giving him the guard ability is that he can actually do something productive instead of sitting there with his shield out watching the town kill itself. Wolves still are deterred from attacking because he could be protecting himself, or someone could be watching him. It also encourages the detective to take a risk as it gives him a useful tool to do so, and it gives the wolves more opportunity to attack because the investigator may be protecting someone.

And to be clear, I'm not trying to bite your head off here, just explaining the ideas so you can get better perspective of them.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This game is inspired by Trouble in Terrorist Town. I haven't played any of the Gmod version, but I have watched sips and hat films and crew play it, and in a lot of games they play, the detective store has a shield item that will make the detective effectively invincible from the front at the cost of him not being able to use weapons while it's out. The investigator in this game is an attempt to replicate that role as well as I can. Which is why he's publicly announced and has the immunity power.

The idea for giving him the guard ability is that he can actually do something productive instead of sitting there with his shield out watching the town kill itself. Wolves still are deterred from attacking because he could be protecting himself, or someone could be watching him. It also encourages the detective to take a risk as it gives him a useful tool to do so, and it gives the wolves more opportunity to attack because the investigator may be protecting someone.

And to be clear, I'm not trying to bite your head off here, just explaining the ideas so you can get better perspective of them.
Ah, no problem. Now that I see where you're coming from, it all makes perfect sense. Carry on.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have the time to look over everything properly (which could take hours :p) but for now I'm voteing frederikam.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I do trust the investigator, and maybe they're both wolves, but based on the fact that in convos, Fred knew EXACTLY what made him look villagery, I think he might be a wolf.

And yes, I tricked him into answering a question that looks like an innocent question, but actually is to see if he's pretending to be a villager.
vote frederikam

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
As far erindalc and Nojr appears the most town-like to me. For erindalc, I don't think he would do a revenge vote on Pyure if they were both wolfs. And Nojr was the fourth one to vote for Pyure, which is a move that seem very unlikely for a wolf player to do.

I'm not too sure about J since the game just started when he placed his vote, so he may not have intended for Pyure to get lynched.

There not too much reason for me to believe that frederikam is a likely wolf, since I had did a similar thing when I was town before. Someone Else and RealKC appears to be trying to find any reason to get someone lynched, so they both appears a bit wolfy. I'll go with Vike and vote RealKC.

On another note, I tried to watch Pyure last night - He only had one vote (J) on him by the time I logged out, so I thought it would be a good idea to watch him since the wolfs would most certainly try to attack him based on the last game. Er, I have to say that looking at a hanging body all night is not good for your mental health.

Reactions: VictiniX888

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
SO37 made frederikam look suspicious so nobody analizes him, that's a good cover as a wolf. vote SO37
Okay so if I post an analysis of you and say you're a wolf I'm a wolf? vote RealKC
I don't see anything wrong with So37's post, it seems village, and it was the first post of the day (sans vike's posts) that isn't about something obviously obvious (like this:
I suggest we all report our findings to @VikeStep such that he may be able to rule out wolves from villagers.
)

Anyways, I think so37 is village, as he's being somewhat proactive in finding wolves. KC though, eh, that post still sound's weird.

Second highest wolf in the list is frederikam. I like how he pointed out that one wolf didn't kill anybody, could he be trying to deflect suspicion? The sentence I quoted above was also quite redundant. I also don't think there's anything wolfy about watching oneself, as it could potentially find some villagers. And @LivingAngryCheese can you tell us the question you asked him?

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Okay so if I post an analysis of you and say you're a wolf I'm a wolf? vote RealKC
I don't see anything wrong with So37's post, it seems village, and it was the first post of the day (sans vike's posts) that isn't about something obviously obvious (like this:
)

Anyways, I think so37 is village, as he's being somewhat proactive in finding wolves. KC though, eh, that post still sound's weird.

Second highest wolf in the list is frederikam. I like how he pointed out that one wolf didn't kill anybody, could he be trying to deflect suspicion? The sentence I quoted above was also quite redundant. I also don't think there's anything wolfy about watching oneself, as it could potentially find some villagers. And @LivingAngryCheese can you tell us the question you asked him?
Hey Fred. You've done something that makes you look village. Do you know what it is?

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Fred. You've done something that makes you look village. Do you know what it is?

You are voting to lynch me .. because I am aware that my actions make me seem kind of village?
That's a horrible reason to base your vote on, especially after I did in fact take measures such that we can collaborate.

Now let's look at the sole reason I was added to Vike's list.
So, frederikam did PM me. But he said that he watched himself, and no-one else watched him.
This is the ideal wolf cover so that's why I don't really like it.
Yes, and that kinda did not work, since no-one actually visited me. On the other hand, no-one can disprove me on that. Heck, goreae almost gave it away by reminding everyone that it could be done.
Also just so you know, you can use any power on yourself.
Of course, that still means I could be the last wolf, but that wolf is pretty much impossible to pinpoint, because the game mechanics of the wolves are exactly the same as the villager's mechanic.

But moreover, LivingAngryCheese, casting a vote on someone else with little reason, rather than who the trend is going for (eg RealKC), seems really wolfy to me at least.
I choose to vote RealKC like everyone else.

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Just asking, because no one has seemingly done so, what's keeping us from publicly revealing our watch results? I just realized there really isn't anything holding us back from doing so?

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
vote RealKC next time we see erindalc put your fur to good use.
Vote RealKC

I feel like no one's been looking hard at Shazam lately. What's the verdict on him?
He's the best and everyone loves him.

In all seriousness:
From anybody else, I would agree. From sg though? That's just par for the course. I appreciate that sg looked shady at the time, but this post looks pretty shady in hindsight. So, yeah. Due to you looking like a Pyure fanboy, vote Shazam08 for now.
What are you trying to say about sg, man? :p

I can prove that I watched someone last night, though; Ask Vike. It doesn't necessarily make me innocent, I know, but I definitely didn't kill anyone.

Reactions: Fraction2