Challenge map - Win a Nvidia GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
No, I don't believe we provide any feedback when submitting, since we have to actually watch the video and such. Your best bet is to check back here regularly. I'll try to keep you guys updated whenever there's a significant improvement in best time.

eldinn12

Jul 29, 2019
really dislike the map, usually i enjoy the pax challenge maps because it makes you think about the mods and how to use them to get to your goal, but this one is just plain old boring vanilla-like parcour, big dissapointement for my part since i really don't like parcour at all!
hope you'll do better next time.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry you don't like it, but it's not a case of doing "better". We've decided to go this route because most of the people who sign up for PAX tournaments know little to nothing about mods. However, we do have a non-PAX map in the works that will be more like what you are used to.

Gatzenberg

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody else encounter a visual bug where your player skin is on the side of the monitors? And if so, how do I fix it because not even a force update got rid it. I don't know what caused it, but it wasn't always there.
2015-01-29_21.12.08.png

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know how i was cheating since i do this same route everytime and never got this before. Is this run still sumbitable?

2015-01-29_19.28.15.png

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
There tends to be a bug that activates that, the main current suspected cause is putting the wools into the barrels to quickly. As long as you have the recording and you did not cheat, you are fine.

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
There tends to be a bug that activates that, the main current suspected cause is putting the wools into the barrels to quickly. As long as you have the recording and you did not cheat, you are fine.
okay thanks ya i just spammed them in the barrel as fast as possible to get the time. i was recording though so it should be fine. hope i got a good enough time though think with my current strat if i get it perfectly i can get sub 14.

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
I have successful perfected the map.( no cheats, just the base map and pack with nothing extra)

(I have submitted the run. When someone watches it can they tell me if my strat is allowed but don't say what the strat is as i don't want people to beat me with my own strat)
2015-01-30_00.35.17.png

Last edited:

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
I have successful perfected the map.( no cheats, just the base map and pack with nothing extra)

(I have submitted the run. When someone watches it can they tell me if my strat is allowed but don't say what the strat is as i don't want people to beat me with my own strat)
View attachment 14485

*i really do hope that it is invalid run, not to be unsportsman-like* But if it is valid, then this map is more cheekier than i thought.. ==~

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
*i really do hope that it is invalid run, not to be unsportsman-like* But if it is valid, then this map is more cheekier than i thought.. ==~

it is legitimate run just using something they overlooked when making the map. I have a non cheeky route too that I can get around 11 minutes on with a perfect run.

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
it is legitimate run just using something they overlooked when making the map. I have a non cheeky route too that I can get around 11 minutes on with a perfect run.

usually something that they overlooked is 95% not intended IMO. Welp, let's wait and see what Tahg say about it.

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
usually something that they overlooked is 95% not intended IMO. Welp, let's wait and see what Tahg say about it.

lots of the shortcuts are unintended like pirate ship and beehive on a regular run. so even though this is unintended i don't see it as cheating otherwise I assume they would have redesigned pirate ship and bee hive as the shortcuts on them basically make them non-existent.

aswell the rules that I can find state no modifiying the map or modpack and no hacks such as block jumping.

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
lots of the shortcuts are unintended like pirate ship and beehive on a regular run. so even though this is unintended i don't see it as cheating otherwise I assume they would have redesigned pirate ship and bee hive as the shortcuts on them basically make them non-existent.

aswell the rules that I can find state no modifiying the map or modpack and no hacks such as block jumping.

Though if you think ur way is a shortcut, then that means the map is literally non-existent, which removes the reason for the map to even be a thing.

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
technical speaking the goal of the map is to collect all of the wool well in adventure mode. I still collect every wool and never leave adventure mode so technically speaking I am not doing anything wrong. now your seeing the competition as the person who can complete the map fastest in the way it was designed well I see it as the way to beat the map the fastest without cheating. we have differing opinions on the matter so they will have to decide whether to change the rules to who can complete it the fastest in the designed way or keep it how it is at whoever completes the map the fastest.

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
if it is not allowed I'll post the video of it and after the competition is over if it is allowed I will post the video.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so that's not allowed (but I'm sure you knew that already), and I'm still not quite sure how you did it. Also, how were you submitting wools to the barrel? Looked like you were spamming something, but your selected slot never changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.