Challenge map - Win a Nvidia GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
I can't say for sure for every country, but I'm fairly certain it's not limited to the USA

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
That's for me to know, and you to find out. Considering you shouldn't even have it in the first place.

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
@Tahg So Singapore should be alright? Since I think I am the only one here (participating) is from Singapore. @@

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Just over 2 weeks to go on this challenge. Currently the fastest submitted time is still 11:10. Good luck to all who are participating.

EDIT: And with that announcement, we now have a faster time 10:47.8. Will we see a sub 10 minute score or not? That's up to you!

Last edited:

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
@Niko_Bellic_3 I know that there's someone who is just waiting to submit at the right time/getting a better time. I have been waiting for a very long time. So i don't have to "Just wait".

And I guess u didn't read it right. what I said was, the only one possible that's FROM Singapore. @@

Last edited:

shrekster

Jul 29, 2019
So, I can't get past the Slime Parkour thing at the "Death Star" looking area.. I have no clue how to do it, been trying for a good 30 minutes.. :/ Anyone have any advice?

Edit: So I did skull rock, and put the wool in, but says I didn't so i did it again, I can't get another wool, does that mean I have to start over?! :(

Last edited:

ZL123

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I did my first try in just over two hours... :/

2015-02-19_00.54.14_zpszhfsigod.png

Now time to actually practise!

Endercaztle

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is dumb how it is like parkour and mazes. That's something that does not say "Feed the beast" when you think of it. I like the old ones better how you had the speed runs of making items. When people go to pax and decide to play this map, they will want to get FTB. But when they do, they see it is nothing they expected it to be, it is just mods. The pax challenge pack should be more like the original FTB map so they can see what FTB actually is about.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
You of course are entitled your opinion. However, we've been doing this for several years now. We know what works at PAX, and we know what works outside of PAX. The parkour style map is much easier for people not used to FTB to play, and that's something you need when you have a 2 hour time slot at a convention.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to agree with Endercaztle. I got about 5 minutes into it before I quit. Platform games frustrate me. If I were new to FTB and playing this for the first time, I would have the impression that FTB packs are like a Mario game with all of the platforming. The type of people who like that won't like FTB packs on the whole, and the people who would like FTB packs (many large involved crafting focused mods) will be turned off by the parkour. The Pax east maps that I played all involved crafting, and I'm guessing this is the first full on parkour map? Worth a shot I guess since it's already done, and I see your point about having a low learning curve, but it does feel like a misrepresentation of FTB.

Travisdid123

Jul 29, 2019
People are talking about a skip for the beehive. can anyone tell me what it is its the only keeping my runs over 10min.

Status
Not open for further replies.