Carrot power with Factorisation

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
So I was messing about in creative thinking about the best way to power my base with some crazy mod combination. By slapping together few dynamos, being fed with steam from factorisation water boiler, heated by calorimetric burner I was able to get something like 3 milion RF per stack of carrots. with a decent RF/t rate.

I am surprised it isn't more common in people bases. Did I discover some miracle power or is it well know fact and people don't use it for some strange reason?

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
So I was messing about in creative thinking about the best way to power my base with some crazy mod combination. By slapping together few dynamos, being fed with steam from factorisation water boiler, heated by calorimetric burner I was able to get something like 3 milion RF per stack of carrots. with a decent RF/t rate.

I am surprised it isn't more common in people bases. Did I discover some miracle power or is it well know fact and people don't use it for some strange reason?

Oh... the usual "pictures or it did not happen" nonsense refrain.... :) :p
Might as well get it out of the way, eh? ;)
Then comes the obligatory "Moar pictures" part too, right? ;)
Ok, I'll leave now...

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Like what point would I have in laying? I can show you picture but then you can always say that I pre charged the battery and I don't feel like recording video of carrots power. However I can tell you that I put autonomous activator feeding carrots to calorimetric burner next to the boiler and it takes 15 sec per carrot. On steam dynamos.

2014-06-17_182014.png

2014-06-17_182040.png

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry Feniks; AlCapella's being a tiny bit silly and I'm encouraging him by being extra-stupidly silly.

Your carrot power setup is cool :)

^^ Basically that.... :) Just having fun. No one said you're lying. "Pictures, or it didn't happen" is an internet meme. Search that phrase if you are not convinced. ;) And, apologies if you did not get the spirit of the fun. :(

Pictures are always helpful. Pictures usually mean that someone else can also replicate your setup if they wanted to, in their own game. :)

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Eureka! I'll plant carrots, and then harvest them and chain them to a pole. They can use their roots to push the pole in circles to torque power to my RC shafts! I bet that's tileable, I could hit a MW before build height!

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any getting too muscular, so I can prevent them from upsetting my evil plan or becoming governor of a western state.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Eureka! I'll plant carrots, and then harvest them and chain them to a pole. They can use their roots to push the pole in circles to torque power to my RC shafts! I bet that's tileable, I could hit a MW before build height!

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any getting too muscular, so I can prevent them from upsetting my evil plan or becoming governor of a western state.
U wot m8
Is that actually possible?

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
I would guess the reason that the caliometric heater is not used a lot is that it requires a fair bit more setup than a culinary burner does. Also after looking up the numbers, a stack of carrots in a culinary generator would make 3,686,00 RF, at 20RF/T, however it would take 2 and a half hours to burn through the carrots.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I calculated the numbers and it goes at around 150RF/s so not to bad for of emergency power. In DW20 pack it makes sense as early game power back up. In other modpacks depends mekanism makes more sense with its biomass thing as it last longer and is cheaper to make and that's what I'm using now on the server.

Reactions: Pyure

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I had a setup like this running it my dw20 world. As I was playing on peaceful I mostly did it as a creative way to void beef/steak =)

Reactions: AlCapella

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I had a setup like this running it my dw20 world. As I was playing on peaceful I mostly did it as a creative way to void beef/steak =)

Nice. I do the "peaceful mode world" many times too. Sometimes it is nice to play the same world in peaceful to sink into the experience, minus the paranoia. :)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you place calorimetric burners around it to increase the amount of heat going to the FZ boiler, and therefore increasing power output? I imagine that, with a decent-sized farm, you could probably keep an entire base fueled on nothing but carrots. Beef it up with a lilypad of fertility, a sprinkler, and some of that nice fertilized soil from RandomThings, and you'd have a pretty zippy farm that'd consume nothing but water.

Reactions: AlCapella and Pyure

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you place calorimetric burners around it to increase the amount of heat going to the FZ boiler, and therefore increasing power output? I imagine that, with a decent-sized farm, you could probably keep an entire base fueled on nothing but carrots. Beef it up with a lilypad of fertility, a sprinkler, and some of that nice fertilized soil from RandomThings, and you'd have a pretty zippy farm that'd consume nothing but water.

When you thought it couldn't get any better.... :p

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I will test it when back home and report back I will also test how well mirrors are handling this.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019

there's a very strange reason that I don't use these anymore. did you know calo burners will run off of villagers?