Can't load Unstable

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
T

Tobuscouse

I cannot load my Unstable modpack. It seems to be unstable. I downloaded it and it is a perfectly fine download but it will not work for me. (The modpack runs fine for my friend and I even tried his copy of the modpack but still came up with same errors.)
-http://pastebin.com/i7r75xfi-
Here is a link to the logs from the launcher.

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, to start, not sure if this is a simple string error in the code, but it looks like you are allocating WAY to much ram for minecraft. If so, lower it to 3-4.

Make sure to update to the current version of java and remove all older versions that may be installed.
Finally, try launching it on curse as it may work there.

T

Tobuscouse

Make sure to update to the current version of java and remove all older versions that may be installed
@Kel_Co
I see now that is asks for java 1.8 to run this modpack thank you for your help. Could you provide me with a link to download 1.8 for a windows 7 pc with 64-bit?

T

Tobuscouse

I tried to download it and it gave me most recent version just of 32-bit

T

Tobuscouse

After downloading the regular one I noticed that Offline is the one with the installer. lol

T

Tobuscouse

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.10.2 Please wait!
Using backupLink for mcjsons/versions/1.10.2/1.10.2.json
Setting up native libraries for FTB Unstable 1.10 v Recommended Version MC 1.10.2
Syncing Assets:
Not loading any FML libs, as the directory does not exist.
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_101\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: FTB Unstable 1.10 1.10.2
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 3840
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Loading jars...
Added URL to classpath: file:/c:/ftb/FTBUnstable18/instMods/MinecraftForge.zip
Added URL to classpath: file:/c:/ftb/FTBUnstable18/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
Loading natives...
Natives loaded...
Loading minecraft class
Aug 14, 2016 4:38:51 PM net.ftb.legacylaunch.Launch main
SEVERE: Unhandled error launching minecraft
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.ftb.legacylaunch.Launch.main(Launch.java:85)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
Error while checking news: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://launcher.feed-the-beast.com/newsupdate.php

T

Tobuscouse

I am still receiving the same errors. I installed the latest x64 java that is for my pc and everything.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Go to options tab in launcher, click "Force update" just once and try again. The download might've been broken

T

Tobuscouse

It's not a broken download as I stated in the description I am using the same exact files that my friend has and he runs it fine. I will try to redownload it but I am certain it will not change. But thank you for continuing to assist me.

T

Tobuscouse

@mc.crab sorry to call you out if you don't like that, but you were of great assistance before so maybe you could help resolve this issue also?

T

Tobuscouse

I am sorry? @Moasseman What you guys recommended didn't work so I asked if you had any other recommendations. I told you how I appreciated you guys' assistance.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question... Did you actually try the force update or because other suggestion they provided didn't work you ignored it? I don't mean to come off as rude but just because one person can get a mod pack to behave doesn't mean another will. Even a broken download can hide as good one. I speak from experience.

T

Tobuscouse

Yes I tried it re-downloading it again with the force update and it came up with same error. I did not say that I did and that it didn't work though so that was rude of me.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Do force update and post a full console log from that exact try using the button on console