Can't launch server if it has an IP

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
W

Wolfshy

What you mean with port forward? he did open up the ports in his router, I watched him do it through screen share on skype.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Well, lets start from the top and work down I guess.
Have your friend start the server.
Have your friend connect to the server using localhost as ip address <-makes sure the server behaves normally
Have your friend connect to the server using his normal ip address <-makes sure the ip is correct
Have your friend connect to the server using the outside ip address <-makes sure the outside ip is indeed what he thinks it is
Have your friend use http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to make sure he indeed openened the correct port <-makes sure the port is indeed set open
Let minecraft ping your friends server (go to the multiplayer screen and add the server to the list without connecting to it.) <-lets us see if it may be something else then a connection issue
Try and join the server. <-what you want to accomplish

Work this list from the top to bottom. If everything works except the last then give us the log of both the client and the server (put it on pastebin and give us the link)

W

Wolfshy

Okay, so we've gotten hamachi to work and it's hosting the server with the hamachi IP now. He is able to connect to it, but I can't see it when I ping the server. We used the site you linked and it does indeed say the port isn't open despite having opened in his router settings :/ I can't see why it's a problem now when we've been on the server many times before in the past. But after this 3 months break it's all not working all of a sudden.