Can you automate a quartz grindstone?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I remember that many people (myself included) tried to put sneak on it in order to make it a toggle.
Long story short, it didn't work.

I solved this through hardware..... Used a G13 gaming keypad from Logitech. It understands LUA and will allow you to program in almost anything you can dream of for keyboarding.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
Engeniring turtles don't work anymore...Why??
welcome to 1.5.1 land. i haven't seen, though i may have missed it if it does exist, a message in a changelog indicating specific removal, so it could be as simple as everything in 1.5.1 mod versioning being work in progress.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
welcome to 1.5.1 land. i haven't seen, though i may have missed it if it does exist, a message in a changelog indicating specific removal, so it could be as simple as everything in 1.5.1 mod versioning being work in progress.
Engi turtles are added by TE so I would imagine it would be on the logs.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing changed on our end. Must be something Algo tweaked with the crank. Which, I'm all in favor of said change if the turtles no longer work.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Nothing changed on our end. Must be something Algo tweaked with the crank. Which, I'm all in favor of said change if the turtles no longer work.

Dang mod devs and their striving for balance.
kappa.png

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
went through all the changelogs on aemod.info (multiple pages, the next button is easy to miss) and it wasn't listed anywhere. that said i'll defer to the king(teehee) on this one.
previously the only guy i knew tweaked/designed a hand crank to not be turtle compat was the forestry clockwork engine, which made sense in context. this of course probably also means that once rp2 finally gets out deployer+wrench systems won't work either.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

Yes he did. Turtles are finally getting a big nerf in CC also. No more infinite tools on them. They will break. Not sure if the code is in 1.5.1 yet or not, I actually haven't touched turtles in my new hardcore world yet.

I've been awaiting this change for a bit since I'm an avid turtle fan but still think they are OP, even with fuel costs.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yes he did. Turtles are finally getting a big nerf in CC also. No more infinite tools on them. They will break. Not sure if the code is in 1.5.1 yet or not, I actually haven't touched turtles in my new hardcore world yet.

I've been awaiting this change for a bit since I'm an avid turtle fan but still think they are OP, even with fuel costs.
He has yet to confirm if they actually will be doing that; as far as I know anyway.

E: In fact he said that from the "poll" he did on reddit found that the general consensus was not to do it.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, turtle tools that break?

That gives a way to recycle old turtles by "removing" their tools and putting other ones on it.

As long as the durability is at least that of the tool, it's not bad.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
eh just another signatory that people are balancing not around using the world, but around compressing actions while barely scratching the available region.

give us tools that enable working over more of that 64x64millionx256 x dimension count region, before twatting what little we get done in the average 160x160x 256 home space eh?

easy only makes sense in the context of working in a smallish region efficiently. scaling that region upwards is still a dramatic task even with the best tools presently available.

turtles are useful even in creative for large tasks atm simply because as slow as they are, they multiply the block work man hours of a single individual. lead time however eats into time efficiency quite a bit even there, but pulls ahead with regards to mental fatigue on large projects.

the idea of making them even higher maintenance, while *still* not having session state persistence built right in..

sigh.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Wait, turtle tools that break?

That gives a way to recycle old turtles by "removing" their tools and putting other ones on it.

As long as the durability is at least that of the tool, it's not bad.

Turtles would be able to equip already used tools as well. The tools would have 4x the durability of the tool normally.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
He has yet to confirm if they actually will be doing that; as far as I know anyway.

E: In fact he said that from the "poll" he did on reddit found that the general consensus was not to do it.

I don't get on reddit much anymore, but that actually disappoints me. Maybe he can make it a config option like he did fuel.

I'd like to see a maximum limit on fuel also. With misc peripherals charge stations, leaving a few turtles charging overnight while I sleep so they have a million plus fuel is a little ridiculous.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I don't get on reddit much anymore, but that actually disappoints me. Maybe he can make it a config option like he did fuel.

I'd like to see a maximum limit on fuel also. With misc peripherals charge stations, leaving a few turtles charging overnight while I sleep so they have a million plus fuel is a little ridiculous.

He has already guaranteed that it will be a config option. His reserve is that since most people do not want the change it would be preferable to have it off by default but by the same token most servers simply leave the configs at default and would then make it nearly pointless to do.

Also who cares about fuel? I have it turned off :p