Can anyone think of a food setup that beats this?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Due to the lag caused my animal farms, I spent a great deal of time making this (amazing) food setup:
1. Get a witch soul shard (hardest bit is finding a witch hut).
2. Get a wheat farm with a lilypad of fertility.
3. Use an intelligent straw golem + wood golem to harvest & deposit the wheat in a chest.
4. Pipe the wheat into an autocrafting table to make bread.
5. Use the gunpowder, glowstone etc from the witches to make yourself infinite glowing bread :)

Can anyone think of something better? I'm pretty sure this is about as good as it gets.

Reactions: Phil_Tact

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
soulshards for pigs/cows/chickens
TC3 furnace (for the life of me I can't remember it's name)
triple meat treats.

Your setup isn't "as good as it gets"

Hell... golems harvesting potatos and automatically putting them into a furnace is better than what you have XD

Reactions: Saice

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
As above. I'd think a soul shard of cows. put it over a lava trap. have the cooked meat collect using choice of various item pickup blocks. Chest

Mooseman9

Jul 29, 2019
As above. I'd think a soul shard of cows. put it over a lava trap. have the cooked meat collect using choice of various item pickup blocks. Chest
Wouldn't the meat get burned before a transposer or something of the like can pick it up?

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't of thought so? Unless you're having the cow die IN the lava rather than passing by it and being set alight..

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Instruction in the first post?

The hardest bit would be finding witches for a soul shard, but you can use transformation powder on the skeletal druids in the twilight forest to turn them into witches.

Mooseman9

Jul 29, 2019
Instruction in the first post?

The hardest bit would be finding witches for a soul shard, but you can use transformation powder on the skeletal druids in the twilight forest to turn them into witches.
I was referring to the post above yours, where the poster states that you can make a lava trap.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I was referring to the post above yours, where the poster states that you can make a lava trap.
Oh. Well in that case, I think you have to suspend the lava 1 block above the floor on signs, then get the cows to fall through the lava with enough force (i.e. from a high enough height) that they go through the lava without floating. Then, just get a few transposers to pick on the meat.

EDIT: Ninja'd :confused:

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019

Have cows drop from a 10 block hight over a lava blade (a single lava source block which is placed above signs. The cows can fall a couple of blocks more and burn to death which cooks the meat.
Oh. Well in that case, I think you have to suspend the lava 1 block above the floor on signs, then get the cows to fall through the lava with enough force (i.e. from a high enough height) that they go through the lava without floating. Then, just get a few transposers to pick on the meat.

EDIT: Ninja'd :confused:

Basically that^ :)

Reactions: Mooseman9

adjl

Jul 29, 2019
...Except meat only restores 4 hunger bars, glowing bread restores 10.

While true, meat's a whole lot easier to come by and set up than glowing bread is. Add in that you almost never really need to restore 10 hunger points at once (since you stop being able to sprint at 3/10, which is enough of a pain to warrant stopping and eating something), and that even a stack basic bread will last you for a couple hours in the field, and it just doesn't seem worthwhile.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Use IC2 crops to make Glowing Bread, much cooler.
Wheat, Redwheat, and Auralia (or whatever makes the gold). Redstone+Gold Dust=Glowstone. Wheat=Bread.
Who needs witches? And unless you get....512 transformation powder, or maybe 1024, then you used the anvil method, which most people don't really like, especially considering how easy it makes getting shards like that.
I'll only use it if mobs are easy to find. Skeletons to Zombies to Spiders to Endermen to Zombie Pigmen to Slimes to Blazes to Passive Mobs. Then, for "tier 2", I'd do Magma Cubes to Creepers to Wither Skeletons. Not easy, not hard. For this final tier, I'd mix Ghast and Witch. If I need a witch spawner and I have a massive ghast producing plant (as in quarrying large amounts and giving ghasts blocks to spawn on), then I won't feel like I cheated the game.

But that thread's not about that. Keep in mind Mindcrackers can't get glowing bread. And Honeyed Slice is so useful, you're drowning in honey when you get a bit of automation set up.