Can anyone think of a food setup that beats this?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I personally find that golems and wheat farms aren't the best. Since wheat has a small chance to produce 0 seeds, a golem won't always have something to replant, so you have to manually replant the wheat. If you leave it running long enough, you will end up with a wheat farm and no wheat. Most of the other crops have a guaranteed drop of at least one seed, so golem farming isn't an issue.

As far as my favorite food, it often ends up being carrots. :D

(potatoes are a close second)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I personally find that golems and wheat farms aren't the best. Since wheat has a small chance to produce 0 seeds, a golem won't always have something to replant, so you have to manually replant the wheat. If you leave it running long enough, you will end up with a wheat farm and no wheat. Most of the other crops have a guaranteed drop of at least one seed, so golem farming isn't an issue.

As far as my favorite food, it often ends up being carrots. :D

(potatoes are a close second)

Just have two straw golems. Since the wheat can drop multiple seeds your holes should self correct over the long haul. You will still have holes in the fields but they get replanted by the tag team sooner or later.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I still like Steak. Of all the vanilla meats, it's the one which gives you the most hunger and saturation, plus it nets you extra leather, a nice plus for those using Mystcraft.

Reactions: xSINZx

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Bread -> canning machine is my preferred. They only restore 1 hunger point but I'm quite OCPD about it and will eat as soon as the first point goes away and they give bread an extra 3.6(IIRC) points of saturation.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Bread -> canning machine is my preferred. They only restore 1 hunger point but I'm quite OCPD about it and will eat as soon as the first point goes away and they give bread an extra 3.6(IIRC) points of saturation.
why not just can zombie meat instead?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone think of something better? I'm pretty sure this is about as good as it gets.

As stated, a few potatoes being manually harvested and cooked are a great deal easier to do, especially as you don't even need to find a village if you punch enough zombies in the face. It's pretty easy to automate a potato farm without needing to go through the massive ThaumCraft research system, nor track down a few hundred witches (the anvil "method" is an exploit, and one that should not be used for that obvious reason).

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
I usualy use looting + steak from a Sword Of Xepher (Since I have a feeding thing in ym cow pen, and the sword kills multiple at one for multiple meats)
Lasts so Long I never get around to automated food. (I now have the auto-feeder, it's been a while since I manualy ate)

On wheat farms with golems, wheat averages more then 1 seed per plot, so over time you will actaully gain a surplus of seeds. One strae golem is all you need as holes are replated by it next time it is agacent to it and 2 seeds drop.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
oh, didn't know that.. sorta nerfs the only reason I'd ever use a canner for food

Well for bread adding 3.6 saturation and half a heart per bread is good enough for me. Not to mention bread is ridiculously easy to come by with a skele shard(Google fully auto wheat farm).

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
I eat potatoes like i was the only survivor of the Irish famine. stack of 64 of them lasts me for real-world days, plus they're easy as hell to get.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Well for bread adding 3.6 saturation and half a heart per bread is good enough for me. Not to mention bread is ridiculously easy to come by with a skele shard(Google fully auto wheat farm).
yeah I've seen them, pretty decent and speedy to do. I still prefer golem farms though

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
It just dawned on me that you can use an emperor's chalice as infinite food. Just use it to create an infinite water source, which you can use to refill the chalice as you drink from it.

Anyhow, why do things the easy way when you can do it the hard way?

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
-snip-
On wheat farms with golems, wheat averages more then 1 seed per plot, so over time you will actaully gain a surplus of seeds. One strae golem is all you need as holes are replated by it next time it is agacent to it and 2 seeds drop.
Totally agree there. I made a HUGE wheat farm with golems out of boredom. I didn't plant much of it at all, just hoe'd it, the golems expanded it for me, took some time, but I now have thousands upon thousands of seeds. (It's been running for quite a while.)

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
Anyhow, why do things the easy way when you can do it the hard way?
In that case, you're going to want a cake factory.

2X2 CHUNK WIDE GOLEM WHEAT FARM!

3 CHUNKS OF AUTOMATED COW MILKING FURY!

5 LAYERS OF REEDS, HARVESTED BY A FRAME QUARRY

FEEDING INTO A TURBOCHARGED PROCESSING FACILITY

OUTPUTTING TO AN RP FRAME ENGINE LAYING A 64 WIDE LINE OF CAKES EVERY 20 SECONDS IN A CUSTOM GENERATED MYSTCRAFT AGE

Welcome gentlemen, to CAKETOPIA.

The chickens are kept in a filthy hole in the ground[/Spoler]