can anyone tell me how to Increase my frame rates?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Can we have some more information?

What mod pack are you using?
How long have you been playing this world?
Is it just that world or any world?
Do you play SMP or SSP?
Do you have OptiFine installed?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Also, how confident are you about doing something advanced with your computer configuration? ;)

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, deactivate all the "Voxel" Mods. They are only Client side, you can do it Single- and Multiplayer.
Also add the Mod "Optifine" to your Modpack.

And please more Information or we can not Help anyone :/
(Do you had this Problem from the beginning or after you Build Something?)

martin0leung

Jul 29, 2019
Can we have some more information?

What mod pack are you using?
How long have you been playing this world?
Is it just that world or any world?
Do you play SMP or SSP?
Do you have OptiFine installed?

FTB Ultimate
A few weeks
Just that world
SMP
No OptiFine[DOUBLEPOST=1373687059][/DOUBLEPOST]
Putting details to fast not fancy does a lot. As does reducing view distance to short.

No change

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the specs of your computer? If you are playing FTB on a toaster it sure as hell will be laggy, even more so with a world that you have been using for a whiles.

Here is a guide for Windows, Mac, or Ubuntu. http://rtechsupport.wikia.com/wiki/Find_Your_System_Specs

We are mainly interested in processor, memory, video card, and storage if you have it. Its best if you can give us exact model numbers, but that shouldn't be needed for us to tell you whats the weak link.

TBH, there is no magic bullet that will solve your FPS problems aside from dropping a couple hundred dollars on some new hardware.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
TBH, there is no magic bullet that will solve your FPS problems aside from dropping a couple hundred dollars on some new hardware.

And it's likely that new hardware won't even help at all.

Lag is unavoidable past a certain point. You have to deal with it. But until then, keep trying things to help your lag issues.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Turn you're graphics down.

Like turn all the options to the minimum and work your way up from that. You need to experiment with your computer to find out what your computer can handle through your own experiences. It'll be the best way to (a) learn what your computer can do for future references and (b) do further tweeking should video/memory changes occur with the programming in MC, like any good software/game developer is doing. (Which they are.)

Who knows, you might learn something useful about a very important piece of technology, aside from using it to build a cube world in virtual space.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
And it's likely that new hardware won't even help at all.

Lag is unavoidable past a certain point. You have to deal with it. But until then, keep trying things to help your lag issues.

What 'point' would this be?

Do these in order as able.

1. Install Optifine
2. Settings to low view distance to short
3. 64Bit Java
4. 4GB+ RAM
5. Upgrade to a 3+Ghz i5 or better.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
No OptiFine

you should try to really install optifine if you're having FPS problems, and as mentioned, turn everything down as much as possible.
you can also try creating a new world, and see if there's a FPS problem there aswell, that way you know if the problem may be in your current world, or with your minecraft/computer

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Remember installing optifine is a mine field in its self make sure you read up on all info first, get the correct version or it makes things worse, in this case the game may not even load.

Omix

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest change in fps was when someone told me to press F11.. For many, it seems to be full screen when the game fills the screen, but it's not really if you are able to see the windows button and such.
Pressig F11 makes the game go in true fullscreen, and the game runs a lot smoother.

Without being in fullscreen, my game is flowing quite good, but pauses a bit now and then. When pressing F11, all is just great.
May seem to be a low tech tip, but many don't really know about it.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
one thing people keep missing; do you have a big lag machine in the world?

as in a complicated automation that would eat up the CPU

a backed up RP tube line, a overstuffed mob farm, a ton of golems running around will all eat up the CPU

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
If your PC/laptop possess sufficient amount of RAM, then how about RamDisk?

That isnt going to do shit.[DOUBLEPOST=1373748914][/DOUBLEPOST]
one thing people keep missing; do you have a big lag machine in the world?

as in a complicated automation that would eat up the CPU

a backed up RP tube line, a overstuffed mob farm, a ton of golems running around will all eat up the CPU

Judging by his replies, Im thinking he hasnt made a complex setup, but yeah it could be an entity issue or laggy pipes.

Normal render distance is actually best for FPS. Short and Far are more CPU intensive.

Not for me?

• Far:188fps
  • Normal:275fps
  • Short:520fps
  • Tiny:676fps
He probably doesn't have the RAM or CPU to run FTB well and should go with Tiny.