Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
I did say "I would try". :p
Sucks it doesn't work, though... What's another way one would get looting V without other mods?

Wasn't talking about you. Without other mods? RotaryCraft adds nothing for manipulating enchantments AFAIK and we know it's not possible with vanilla. But with other mods you might have a disenchanter that lets you get the bedrock sword's enchantments on a book. Although if that was @Demosthenex's idea I don't see the point. You're just trading one mob grinding mechanism for one that's at best situationally better. It can potentially kill all/almost all mobs in one hit, but a killer joe with the bedrock sword could kill everything in a larger area in 2 hits, is probably easier to power, and has a built in xp collection mechanism. Alternatively, an autonomous activator/similar device can attack a smaller area with the sword for free. These methods will also let you take the sword back easily for your own use.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I understand the idea that the bedrock sword is sharp, and has sharpness.
Why does the bedrock sword have looting?

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
Better cuts yield more usable tissue? (Eew)
It slices! It dices! It does everything but the dishes! It's the Bedrock Sword(tm)! Order now and we'll throw in a combination hookah and coffee maker (also makes julian fries) for no extra charge! But wait, there's more! "Really? How could this deal get any better?" Double everything! Triple Everything! "Including the price?" Yeah! "Aaaaawwwww..."

Sempuh

Jul 29, 2019
It slices! It dices! It does everything but the dishes! It's the Bedrock Sword(tm)! Order now and we'll throw in a combination hookah and coffee maker (also makes julian fries) for no extra charge! But wait, there's more! "Really? How could this deal get any better?" Double everything! Triple Everything! "Including the price?" Yeah! "Aaaaawwwww..."
Sold! I'll take 5.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Reika, I've a problem: my reactor blew up. I used the same design you did here, with the sole exception that I'm not giving the irradiation chambers deuterium (I haven't yet produced any). The blocks on the edge are neutron reflectors, yes? I gave it more than enough water (using Pressure Pipes, which can handle billions of millibuckets per tick), and each core only had a single pellet in them. There any reason why it'd blow its stack?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Reika, I've a problem: my reactor blew up. I used the same design you did here, with the sole exception that I'm not giving the irradiation chambers deuterium (I haven't yet produced any). The blocks on the edge are neutron reflectors, yes? I gave it more than enough water (using Pressure Pipes, which can handle billions of millibuckets per tick), and each core only had a single pellet in them. There any reason why it'd blow its stack?
First thing he's going to ask is if the whole thing is chunkloaded, including your water supply and its infrastructure. You may want to clarify on that.

Those neutron reflectors (Yes that's what they are) have definitely changed since that design, but honestly the changes would make the reactor more safe instead of less.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm...it should be chunk-loaded. However, I can't see explicitly doing so for the reactor could hurt anything. Though, at the time, it was loaded because I was standing right on top of it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hrm...it should be chunk-loaded. However, I can't see explicitly doing so for the reactor could hurt anything. Though, at the time, it was loaded because I was standing right on top of it.
Oh you were standing on it when it exploded? Chunkloading definitely not an issue then.

Did you happen to be monitoring the heat fluctuations while there? Could you hear things getting out of control? (hissing noises etc)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
It was like a friggin nitro creeper: I heard hissing for, like, 2 seconds before everything went to hell. Heat before then seemed fine, the cores were only at around 150C.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It was like a friggin nitro creeper: I heard hissing for, like, 2 seconds before everything went to hell. Heat before then seemed fine, the cores were only at around 150C.
Were you tweaking your infrastructure at all? It seriously sounds like you busted a water pipe somewhere, since the heatup happened so fast.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
That design is no longer viable, partly because of the neutron reflector changes. Previously, any neutron not reflected got absorbed - i.e. taken out of the reaction. Now, they can go through, and will trigger fission in another "subunit" of the reactor.

Additionally, even back then, that reactor was not fully safe; I could only load it to about 70%.