Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
My friend saw this thread and wants me to suggest robot dragons. He is an idiot sometimes. :(
I'd love robot dragons, but i don't think this is the mod for it. I think this one has been suggested to Reika before, with gas turbines breeding dragon eggs, and jet powered dragons and other sheeningans. Maybe you can convince the author of special mobs to add RoboReika - the devourer of dim0, to his modpack.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
After going back to the world, I remembered it was actually 130-140B/s. Not sure if that's actually the figure or if it's a bug with extra cells or the ME system. I might build another reactor with bedrock coolant pipes and see if it draws the same amount of coolant.

Still 'only' 55 refrigeration units though, it's doable in survival, but annoying. You need to dedicate nearly a whole LP turbine's worth of power to the plant.
Bedrock coolant pipes shouldn't be any faster, they just don't explode past a certain pressure limit.

Requiring 65 of any RotaryCraft machine, at max speed, really is absurd.

I should change this.
Please do; refrigeration units output a maximum of 100mB/t, and 130B/s works out to 6,500B/t, which is a hell of a way off the 3B/s, or 150mB/t, that was in your forum post a while back. I could build a massive array of 60+ fluid crystallizers and refrigeration units, but that really doesn't feel like The RotaryCraft Way.

I also found a pretty nasty fluid duping bug involving ExtraCells 2, a storage bus, and a fluid compression chamber any RotaryCraft fluid storage, but I'm not sure whether I should be reporting it to you or the ExtraCells dev.

Last edited:

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
I should change this.

That would be greatly appreciated :) Are you updating the V2 build at all or will this and your other changes be bundled into the V3 build once it's released?

Bedrock coolant pipes shouldn't be any faster, they just don't explode past a certain pressure limit...

I was thinking it might've been a bug with the fluid export buses I was using, but it turns out it's not :S

...I also found a pretty nasty fluid duping bug involving ExtraCells 2, a storage bus, and a fluid compression chamber, but I'm not sure whether I should be reporting it to you or the ExtraCells dev.

There's also one involving fluid import buses, acceleration cards and RoC reservoirs, not sure if it's an Extra Cells issue or a rotarycraft one, I suspect it's the former though.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Requiring 65 of any RotaryCraft machine, at max speed, really is absurd.

Please do; refrigeration units output a maximum of 100mB/t, and 130B/s works out to 6,500B/t, which is a hell of a way off the 3B/s, or 150mB/t, that was in your forum post a while back. I could build a massive array of 60+ fluid crystallizers and refrigeration units, but that really doesn't feel like The RotaryCraft Way.
Maybe I should just speed up the refrigeration unit.

I also found a pretty nasty fluid duping bug involving ExtraCells 2, a storage bus, and a fluid compression chamber any RotaryCraft fluid storage, but I'm not sure whether I should be reporting it to you or the ExtraCells dev.
I do nothing special with the reservoir.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
New hint:
N1E1Cif.png

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
Pan?

That's not a very good hint.

Maybe I should just speed up the refrigeration unit.

I like the idea of making the Tokamak require a lot of energy input. After all real life fusion reactors actually use up more energy than they make so it would be more than plausible that you would need to input so much power to keep it running.

I do think, though, that having the main energy cost be coolant is a little absurd. Maybe some other energy sinks could be used instead.

I would also love to see the operation speed cap of ALL devices increased. You get a very unfair boost in efficiency once you reach 0.05 sec. It would also give me more incentive to actually use all my power rather than store it in a battery for use never.

Reactions: abculatter_2

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
If I've calculated correctly, this means one will need 3.5 units consuming around 183MW of power to produce the required 140B/s of LN2, down from 55 units consuming 740MW :D

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
If I've calculated correctly, this means one will need 3.5 units consuming around 183MW of power to produce the required 140B/s of LN2, down from 55 units consuming 740MW :D
(x / 2048) ^ 2 * 100 = 2000
x ~= 9159
5700 * 9159 = 52.2MW per 2000 mB/t
If we need 6500 B/t, we'll need slightly more than 3 machines, which means we'll probably actually need to run 4 machines considering Rotarycraft's wonky speed scaling when approaching 1 operation per tick. Actually, disregard that, I forgot it's possible to drop the torque without touching the speed.

I guess I'd run a gas turbine through a CVT set to 11x torque for each refrigeration unit, which is close enough. I suppose with enough junction cleverness you could also set up 3 refrigeration units at 2000 mB/t, and a fourth refrigeration unit at 425 mB/t off just 3 gas turbines, which might just barely be enough.

That's a lot more reasonable than 60-something individual machines.

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Dew Point Aggregator ...
"I was going to pick up some power couplings / Shaft junctions"
"You can play with your friends when your chores are done"

(Can you tell what I've never played with before?)

Reactions: abculatter_2

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I think this delta has a minor bug:

Code:
- if (tank.isFull())
+ if (!tank.canTakeIn(this.getProducedLN2()))
         return false;

If the tank is not full, but has less room than one tick's worth of production, it won't fill up enough to reach "full" and then stop.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Ok, I think this delta has a minor bug:

Code:
- if (tank.isFull())
+ if (!tank.canTakeIn(this.getProducedLN2()))
         return false;

If the tank is not full, but has less room than one tick's worth of production, it won't fill up enough to reach "full" and then stop.
The old version was a bug. It should not produce less than a cycle's worth due to an overfull tank.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
A thought occurs regarding refrigeration units: if they're going to be able to produce 2 buckets per tick in v3, and the internal tank can only hold 4 buckets, won't this cause problems with fluid extraction, particularly with native RoC pipes? I suggest increasing the refrigeration unit's capacity a bit to compensate.

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
A thought occurs regarding refrigeration units: if they're going to be able to produce 2 buckets per tick in v3, and the internal tank can only hold 4 buckets, won't this cause problems with fluid extraction, particularly with native RoC pipes? I suggest increasing the refrigeration unit's capacity a bit to compensate.

Refrigeration Unit --> Bedrock Pipe --> Reservoir(s) should work as a buffer :p

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
DEMOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Well, allright, your silver iodine cannon against my sawdust spreader. Well, we'll have some intresting weather patterns in the future.
And Greggie was complaining about my base already. I don't think I will be seeing many visitors soon then.