Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

I

Industrial City

Hi Reika first i want say: i really love your mods i appreciate your infinite work on they, and like you in the future i'll be an engineer ( but different field Computer science engineering).
Anyway i use everyday your mods (rotarycraft, reactorcraft, chromaticraft, expanded redstone), can i ask to you to insert please in the Extractor ore dictionary the compability for Greg's SG Craft Naquadah ore?
It can very help. Thanks in advice for your reponses.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
It's actually simpler and easier to work with than real electricity. If you'd like to clarify what you mean, further responses can be provided.

C

Cellular

Reika, could you make it so that your pumps will actually suck fluids that are a few blocks below them? At least include a suctioning tube that I can extend to a source and then connect it to the pump. I would also love to be able to attach super-laminar fluiducts (Thermal dynamics) to the pump so that when I attach a gas turbine to the pump I can actually get hella water and not be limited by slow pipes.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Reika, could you make it so that your pumps will actually suck fluids that are a few blocks below them? At least include a suctioning tube that I can extend to a source and then connect it to the pump. I would also love to be able to attach super-laminar fluiducts (Thermal dynamics) to the pump so that when I attach a gas turbine to the pump I can actually get hella water and not be limited by slow pipes.
Make a bigger pool.

C

Cellular

Make a bigger pool.

Ok this doesn't consider a couple things, one of which I didn't mention. I can use a bigger pool, but I'm still limited by pipes, so that's why I want to be able to attach super-laminar fluiducts. The other problem is that if I want a large amount of lava flowing from the nether I can't only be sucking from the top layer because that will run out. I guess I didn't mention lava at first, but other fluids like oil can apply too.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Ok this doesn't consider a couple things, one of which I didn't mention. I can use a bigger pool, but I'm still limited by pipes, so that's why I want to be able to attach super-laminar fluiducts. The other problem is that if I want a large amount of lava flowing from the nether I can't only be sucking from the top layer because that will run out. I guess I didn't mention lava at first, but other fluids like oil can apply too.
The pump is primarily designed for water supply.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'd have thought it'd be something you could just throw more speed/torque into to get better draw from. Perhaps different torques depending on the relative thickness of the fluid. I'm betting Lava'd take more torque to pick up than water.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Picking up large amounts of lava by pumping from the bottom of the pile ... sounds like you want me to fix/finish/improve flowing fluids :)

C

Cellular

It would be of great use if you could allow me to have limitless transfer according to power. I think it's a fair trade. I dedicate a gas turbine to the pump.. I get lots of liquid.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If you're saying what I think you're saying, then there might be a performance reason for that. Having used tile accelerators (and/or their ProjectE equivalent) on BC pumps, having something sucking up multiple liquid sources a tick also tends to suck up your TPS, too. At least, it does in my experience.

Reactions: KingTriaxx
C

Cellular

If you're saying what I think you're saying, then there might be a performance reason for that. Having used tile accelerators (and/or their ProjectE equivalent) on BC pumps, having something sucking up multiple liquid sources a tick also tends to suck up your TPS, too. At least, it does in my experience.

I guess. I did recently discover that a resonant servo is useful for extracting the fluid, but still isn't nearly as fast as it is when I connect an ender fluid conduit to each side. It's obvious that the resonant servo is under 200 mb/t.

C

Cellular

Reika, I would like to point out that pitchblend is still useable with bigreactors. Is this intentional?

C

Cellular

It's actually simpler and easier to work with than real electricity. If you'd like to clarify what you mean, further responses can be provided.

Duckfan Actually real electricity would be easier.. This whole torque and speed thing sent through lines just doesn't work well.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Real electricity, with any sort of topology loops, quickly becomes a nightmare. I should show you some of my old homework problems.

Oh, heck, here goes. Lets say you have a cube; each edge is a resister of R ohms. Remember, current can flow in any direction, any loop. You have a voltage V applied at one corner, and a ground at the opposite corner. What is the voltage at corner X?

I could not solve it, and I was forehead slapping when I saw the trick that made it simple. But if you could not see the insight that made it dirt simple, the math of the loops is ... arrrggh. And no computer will be able to see that insight.