Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
Spawners down stairs. Floor littered with translocation plates up stairs. A ground made of obsidian glass or bedrock if you wanna use even heavier ammo. Fans blowing the items across the floor.

Speaking of rail guns, mine causes a ticking related crash about half the time when I kill the ender dragon. Would you like to see the log reika? (With some spectral bees I'm trying to automate ender dragon slaughter. All those orbs will set up many mfr spawners, next to my rotary craft ones :)

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
o_O

...This is the downside of modding on a very high-end PC. :p
This lag sounds like it may be consistent with FPS lag I've consistently had with pretty much every Rotarycraft base I've ever made, even on packs with almost pure Rotarycraft. I wish I could give more info, but I no longer have any of those save files nor do I currently have a computer capable of running Minecraft without considerable lag. I have noticed that fans are particularly bad at generating this FPS lag, though, as were liquid fillers.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
This lag sounds like it may be consistent with FPS lag I've consistently had with pretty much every Rotarycraft base I've ever made, even on packs with almost pure Rotarycraft. I wish I could give more info, but I no longer have any of those save files nor do I currently have a computer capable of running Minecraft without considerable lag. I have noticed that fans are particularly bad at generating this FPS lag, though, as were liquid fillers.

I disagree. My base is FULL of RoC and ReC machines, and I only post to alert when something misbehaves. I have a 3x3 chunk packed with intricate machinery, so this isn't to be taken lightly. I have a borer stack from bedrock to sea level, every machine is wired up permanently, I have Electricraft too. The bulk of my FPS issues are caused by Buildcraft pipes and microblocks that are transparent or light giving. In 1.6 versions there were a few bugs (the bucket filler causing nonstop chunk updates, engines changing speed causing chunk updates...) and those have all been fixed in recent versions.

My current list of potential Reika mod FPS issues:

- Any neutron, FPS lag starts when the Reactor or waste container starts emitting them. Not to be confused with turbine lag. This may be related to the lighting and transparency I already mentioned, just making it worse. Disabling their visibility doesn't help. I'm already on minimal particles.
- The centrifuge which is odd, but the lag only happens when it's powered.

There are some gotchas with chunk loaders and Electricraft but that won't cause FPS lag, it is TPS lag instead.

Reactions: Pyure

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to Reika for a great mod & to all those that have helped me here! I am starting to wrap my head around things now, have managed to get ethanol & jet fuel production up & running, full speed extractor & powered up a jet engine for my first few bedrock dust. It's clear there's far more depth to the mod & am looking forward to the rest.

When I was testing the Hydrostatics a while back I was running two sets of four & I kept losing shaft junctions when trying to combine the output, is there a limitation to what the shaft junctions can take (cant see mention of it)? If this is the case can I gear down before & then up again after - depending on limits?

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to Reika for a great mod & to all those that have helped me here! I am starting to wrap my head around things now, have managed to get ethanol & jet fuel production up & running, full speed extractor & powered up a jet engine for my first few bedrock dust. It's clear there's far more depth to the mod & am looking forward to the rest.

When I was testing the Hydrostatics a while back I was running two sets of four & I kept losing shaft junctions when trying to combine the output, is there a limitation to what the shaft junctions can take (cant see mention of it)? If this is the case can I gear down before & then up again after - depending on limits?

You can't have more than 4 engines combined on junctions. I believe each stage of the hydro qualifies as one. This is the "antispam" engine code.

Reactions: Reika and Boundary

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that's actually a good method of preventing that.

I think it makes perfect sense. Upgrading in RoC is like a quest! You have to proceed through tiers of power to unlock new objectives. How hard would it be to spam 8000 DC engines to get to bedrock? (Figuratively)

The best part is there are multiple ways to get there, it's not rigidly defined.

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
I heard something about hydro engines themselves being bedrock-upgradable- though as I'm not at bedrock tech I can't test this yet.

Yeah, you can upgrade hydrokinetic engines with bedrock.

Same type of logic applies: no chaining more than 4 together without upgrading.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Though I think that you can chain up to sixteen upgraded hydros together, soooooo...yeah. Damned handy, as I am currently discovering. :p

(One-tick lube production and now easily powering all stages of an extractor with a couple of CVTs. Life is good.)

Reactions: Reika

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Mine don't seem to...(boring machines emitting red when jammed)

They should emit a redstone signal if they jam due to insufficient power. There's a bug fixed in v7 where unbreakable blocks (ie: Chromaticraft shielded rooms) jam but don't emit a signal because it wasn't a lack of power.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I can say that these are happening in scenarios where increasing torque solves the problem

I had a player on my server setup a redstone timer that was reset each time an item was put into a chest next to the bore, so it would turn on a light if the bore was not producing consistent output.