Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
On a serious note: Is there a way in rotarycraft to "tame" a devistated, lava-filled land?

Lets say there's an overworld that has lost all of it's grass, all of it's animals, has lava puddles, and the ground is netherrack and sandstone. Lots of fires because netherrack + lava + world generated with trees that caught fire.

I understand that the sprinkler can put out fires. But is there a way to turn the ground back to "normal"? I'm thinking of the terraformer, as the only machine I know of that comes close -- is there something else? Altering biomes isn't the question or goal here -- think turning a post-apocalipse forest back to a normal forest.

Assume saplings are in good supply. Assume that there is a way to restore grass, and dirt is still available underground. Manually digging the sandstone and netherrack, or filling in the lava would take too long, and you've got steel and some steam/gas level coils, and associated engines/tech (so no bedrock or jet engines). ... Hmm, would hydro engines be needed for the extra power? (all that lube...)

(Grass plus sunlight plus time = passive animals again)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Then it further occurred to me that Reika could do a much easier version of this idea by simply making the existing steam pump track how much steam it has "processed", possibly with a redstone-pulsed reset to avoid adding a GUI. @Reika?
I am not against this.

On a serious note: Is there a way in rotarycraft to "tame" a devistated, lava-filled land?

Lets say there's an overworld that has lost all of it's grass, all of it's animals, has lava puddles, and the ground is netherrack and sandstone. Lots of fires because netherrack + lava + world generated with trees that caught fire.

I understand that the sprinkler can put out fires. But is there a way to turn the ground back to "normal"? I'm thinking of the terraformer, as the only machine I know of that comes close -- is there something else? Altering biomes isn't the question or goal here -- think turning a post-apocalipse forest back to a normal forest.

Assume saplings are in good supply. Assume that there is a way to restore grass, and dirt is still available underground. Manually digging the sandstone and netherrack, or filling in the lava would take too long, and you've got steel and some steam/gas level coils, and associated engines/tech (so no bedrock or jet engines). ... Hmm, would hydro engines be needed for the extra power? (all that lube...)

(Grass plus sunlight plus time = passive animals again)
No, this is too extreme for a set of machines to do.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Just a generic complaint (not RoC specific)...

I keep finding that by the time I'm getting mid to late game and I want to really start playing with my big RoC toys, my base FPS is so terrible I almost can't stand to play. It is very disappointing.

If only we could backport the rendering occlusion code from 1.8, where blocks that AREN'T visible aren't rendered....

I just broke out all of my Logistics Pipes which were linked with golden buildcraft pipes, and my FPS jumped from 15 to 30. Lovely.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I am not against this.
Since its going to be ReC power-users such as Demo who are going to make the most use of this, maybe touch base with him if the notion ever makes your todo list.

Personally: I think its neato. Good tool for nuclear scientists everywhere.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I just broke out all of my Logistics Pipes which were linked with golden buildcraft pipes, and my FPS jumped from 15 to 30. Lovely.

Yea, I've come to find there's a few things like this.

Vanilla Hoppers, Project Red Timers ( For these, I place 1 timer in a well lit hole far from my base, then wireless it over to anything that needs it. Obviously later on getting rid of the wireless receivers also helps. ), and I know there's something else I am forgetting.

Point being, every now and then I open Opis and look for anything unusual, then try to replace/reorganize to reduce the impact. It can make an immense difference in FPS and server performance.

Oh, and keep an eye on animals. They are almost always high on my list:(

Reactions: TomeWyrm and Pyure

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I've come to find there's a few things like this.

Vanilla Hoppers, Project Red Timers ( For these, I place 1 timer in a well lit hole far from my base, then wireless it over to anything that needs it. Obviously later on getting rid of the wireless receivers also helps. ), and I know there's something else I am forgetting.

Point being, every now and then I open Opis and look for anything unusual, then try to replace/reorganize to reduce the impact. It can make an immense difference in FPS and server performance.

Oh, and keep an eye on animals. They are almost always high on my list:(

I just found LP has an option to make their pipes opaque. Given I had significantly more LP than BC pipes (JABBA barrela arrays and autocrafting arrays) maybe that will help.

Kotaro

Jul 29, 2019
I figured someone might appreciate this: I thought it'd be neat to submerge my reactor with lighting underneath, giving it that dark and spooky rad look. Well, with Lycanite's suddenly I've created a giant pool that spawns nasty fish and water sprites nonstop...

Yay reactors.

Careful, next thing you know you're going to have a giant lizard trying to destroy your nuclear reactor.

Azdule

Jul 29, 2019
A strange question - I'm at work atm so can't give specific errors mesaages but - rotarycraft auto crafting table. I've put patterns in, powered it (tried gasoline, steam and dc engine) and as soon as items go into it (or appear to) it disappears and I lose whatever is it in. Anyone have ideas as to what's happening or what in doing wrong?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A strange question - I'm at work atm so can't give specific errors mesaages but - rotarycraft auto crafting table. I've put patterns in, powered it (tried gasoline, steam and dc engine) and as soon as items go into it (or appear to) it disappears and I lose whatever is it in. Anyone have ideas as to what's happening or what in doing wrong?
Is this v6f?

Azdule

Jul 29, 2019
Yes running 6f version of rotarycraft. It states that 'machine/item was deleted before it's packet POWERSYNC could be received'. Only happens if I put a pattern in it - for example I was going for cobble compression and the autocrafter disappears. Happy to supply any logs etc if I'm told which ones and where to

Ragia08

Jul 29, 2019
Found an epic exploit/glitch
2015_04_23_12_42_07.png
2015_04_23_12_42_10.png

Ragia08

Jul 29, 2019
v6f
its kinda hard to explain(if the images dont appear because new account)
step 1 process 2 stacks of coal in the blast furnace, and dont take them
step 2 process 1 item you want to get duplicated, for example bedrock ingots(dont take them)
step 3 process 3 more coal(put them in the bottom row). The coal gets transformed into bedrock ingots
repeat step 3 without taking all the bedrock ingots(rigth clik to take half)
step 4 profit

Last edited: