Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I'm quite frustrated that I removed all of my logistics pipes, and built my reactor all in one chunk to minimize chunk updates. I was getting 20-30 FPS in my base, til I put fuel in the reactor. Suddenly FPS drops to 10. Next I enable the steam grate for the turbine, now I'm getting 6 FPS. Only 20 or so chunk updates per second according to F3, which isn't high. TPS is fine, it's only frames that's an issue. v6e ReC, v6f RoC, v6f DAPI

Not sure what I can do to fix this.

EDIT: Removed FastCraft in case it causes an issue, and now I have 2 FPS. :p

Last edited:

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I'm quite frustrated that I removed all of my logistics pipes, and built my reactor all in one chunk to minimize chunk updates. I was getting 20-30 FPS in my base, til I put fuel in the reactor. Suddenly FPS drops to 10. Next I enable the steam grate for the turbine, now I'm getting 6 FPS. Only 20 or so chunk updates per second according to F3, which isn't high. TPS is fine, it's only frames that's an issue. v6e ReC, v6f RoC, v6f DAPI

You could try disabling particle effects. I believe that will stop the rendering of the neutrons.

Even so, I wouldn't expect anywhere near that much of an FPS drop from a reactor. Especially if it's small enough to fit in a single chunk, and you haven't turned on the steam grate yet.

Perhaps you could try replacing the LPs with something else, like Itemducts?

How are you providing water for the reactor? A number of methods will actually take a water source block, causing a water update. Repeat this many times per second, and it can quickly cause an issue. ( Similar to the good ol' submerged quarry lag issues. )

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
You could try disabling particle effects. I believe that will stop the rendering of the neutrons.

Even so, I wouldn't expect anywhere near that much of an FPS drop from a reactor. Especially if it's small enough to fit in a single chunk, and you haven't turned on the steam grate yet.

How are you providing water for the reactor? A number of methods will actually take a water source block, causing a water update. Repeat this many times per second, and it can quickly cause an issue. ( Similar to the good ol' submerged quarry lag issues. )
Itemducts are even more laggy, and have less functionality.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019

I'm already on minimum particles. I also just removed every transparent or glass surface in the reactor chunk.

Nor I. I would expect some from the steam, but that's not on when it starts.

I already tore out all my LP! I haven't put it back in yet.

Water from dewpoint aggregator using RoC liquid pipes. I have one source block being refreshed once a second for the waste container via liquid spiller. I'm using Ender IO item conduits for all other input/output.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe use extra utilities liquid nodes with world interactions and speed. Make maybe 3 3x1 infinite pools, then liquid nodes and babe lots of water

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

Is the reactor causing lighting updates or excessive neutron counts?

Also, moving steam is like flowing water or redstone in that it forces a chunk rerender nearly every tick.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Is the reactor causing lighting updates or excessive neutron counts?

Also, moving steam is like flowing water or redstone in that it forces a chunk rerender nearly every tick.

It's only 12 core, 2x2x3. It's blocked in on all sides, so I never see the neutrons. I already eliminated all the glass in the area to reduce lighting issues.

I know steam causes issues, but when I am not making steam with the grate off the lag continues.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Itemducts are even more laggy, and have less functionality.

Unless something is going wrong, which appears to be the case. Itemducts are simpler, so less likely for a problem. More importantly, they're from a different mod, so they're not too likely to have the same exact problem.

Of course, that's all moot since he says the piping has all been removed.

Maybe use extra utilities liquid nodes with world interactions and speed. Make maybe 3 3x1 infinite pools, then liquid nodes and babe lots of water

DPA fabricates water from nothing, in massive quantities. I don't think there's anything that beats it for lag to water produced ratio.

It's only 12 core, 2x2x3. It's blocked in on all sides, so I never see the neutrons. I already eliminated all the glass in the area to reduce lighting issues.

I know steam causes issues, but when I am not making steam with the grate off the lag continues.

That's...weird. Can you get a screenshot of as much as possible? Perhaps uncovered, then covered?

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
This is not how the MC renderer works. As long as anything changes anywhere in the chunk, even if totally behind other blocks, the whole thing rerenders.

I've had fps lag before where I had frequent movement near transparent blocks and microblocks that was very laggy over lighting recalculation. Been a few versions, but I ripped out everything transparent just in case.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Let me say that despite the FPS woes, I can't believe how powerful this reactor is. I must have really underestimated the strength, or recycling waste neutrons adds that much more in 1 direction only. I've got over 13000 steam stuck in the pipes and my turbine has been running 100% for hours...

Reactions: Pyure

choco218

Jul 29, 2019
Let me say that despite the FPS woes, I can't believe how powerful this reactor is. I must have really underestimated the strength, or recycling waste neutrons adds that much more in 1 direction only. I've got over 13000 steam stuck in the pipes and my turbine has been running 100% for hours...

want myself a picture ! :)

Reactions: SourC00lguy

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'll take my point here.

I suggest you rethink the new power conversion rate. I could post dozens of examples, but it what comes down to is that this is in no way even near to balanced. In no way does the output of a gas turbine (my knowledge is 67MW) equal 129 KRF/t. I've powered an extractor with 67MW in the past, and I can do comparable things to what the extractor does at that power at comparable speed with other mods not usually accused of being OP using a tenth of that power. I say this is utterly, completely unbalanced, and it comes across to me not as a necessary rebalancing, but as a 900% import tax on imported power, in order to make power imports economically unfeasible as well as difficult to achieve.

I would like to know what went into the calculation on your end? Maybe there is a point I can't see, but judging from the end result I would conclude there must've been some mistake.