Jul 29, 2019
Simpsons-walk-in-walk-out-whistling.gif

My brain is fried...

Reactions: CapJackH and Chaka

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nifty. I always figured he'd get around to working the steam back via a converter.

Railcraft is now obsolete. These things make a TON of steam.
"make" is an odd word but I get your point. Like all things Reika, its not really surprising that its going to 15-up the competitors, but in fairness in this case you can't really compare coal-steam to fission-steam anyway.

Reactions: psp

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of steam... Tinkers' Steelworks steam compatibility for the RoC steam turbine? :)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Nifty. I always figured he'd get around to working the steam back via a converter.

"make" is an odd word but I get your point. Like all things Reika, its not really surprising that its going to 15-up the competitors, but in fairness in this case you can't really compare coal-steam to fission-steam anyway.
Well, considering that railcraft steam is at 1000C... Also, I mistyped. Convert, not make.

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019

The table references water properties around 300C saturation temp which is also the temp that the molten sodium heater operates. Does this use heat from steam to melt sodium?
Guess 2: Transfer from low pressure steam lines to high temp saturated water?
Not much RailCraft experience so I cant speak to that.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
But don't both railcraft, and your reactorcraft, generate pressurized/compressed steam?

(I don't use either; if I'm wrong, please tell me)
RailCraft claims its steam is at 1000C, which is well beyond the point at which the water disassociates (and possibly even the gases ionizing), making it completely unusable as a reference. I turned to BigReactors next, but found no numerical thermodynamics code, so went with what logic implies for a hand-built non-pressurized boiler.

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
RailCraft claims its steam is at 1000C, which is well beyond the point at which the water disassociates (and possibly even the gases ionizing), making it completely unusable as a reference. I turned to BigReactors next, but found no numerical thermodynamics code, so went with what logic implies for a hand-built non-pressurized boiler.
Why would covert jaguar even make it at 1000C? Do modders just use randint to find these numbers? Or is the pressurized boiler supposed to sustain that? Sounds like a pain to even think about how to convert it.
Great job on the model though reika! textures look great like Pyure had said.