Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DaytonV

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair I worked on that for two days of restarts, and reinstalled... I asked only after I got frustrated.

Now if only I could stop replacing turbine blades because a monster spawns in a SEALED room that's all half slabs and well lit, I'd be great! I can't wait to make a fission reactor and upgrade to an HP turbine. :p

Extra utils chandelier/magnum torch? I'm all for a bit cheaty-no spawning for important systems, rather than having to put anti-mob stuff everywhere.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Extra utils chandelier/magnum torch? I'm all for a bit cheaty-no spawning for important systems, rather than having to put anti-mob stuff everywhere.
The server that he is on does not have extra utilities, and as I said before, they are technically peaceful mobs.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I never had anything spawn in there:
kpQIyQ0h.png

DaytonV

Jul 29, 2019
The server that he is on does not have extra utilities, and as I said before, they are technically peaceful mobs.

Ah, missed the lack of extra utilities comment. My bad. As for the peaceful mob thing-my understanding was that, if the mob's not coming from a spawner, it won't spawn. Passive or aggressive. That discrepancy is likely due to me not remembering what the magnum torch actually does, besides keeping my base hostile free. Don't pay much more attention to it than that (looking it up on the ftbwiki page, seems that it's now even more ridiculous with a full 128 block radius, but only non-aggressive mobs won't spawn... the more you know).

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm I doing something wrong with the boring machine. Where the machine is running and the power is going and its all fine, and then I may exit the world or something and come back and it stops. Or if the power stops then it seems to hault and not dig more. Im assuming I'm doing something wrong because I thought one of the cool things about the name is you'll never have to move it.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I'm I doing something wrong with the boring machine. Where the machine is running and the power is going and its all fine, and then I may exit the world or something and come back and it stops. Or if the power stops then it seems to hault and not dig more. Im assuming I'm doing something wrong because I thought one of the cool things about the name is you'll never have to move it.

What are you powering it with?

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Most recently micro turbines, but they have enough fuel and keep running and giving power but with no actual blocks being mined

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the little explanation. I used 4 microturbines, then I used gearboxes to get 512 torque, which I read was the max required. That got the operation time down to about 5 seconds. But I just saw that 512 is the max for vanilla blocks. So it could be getting stuck on blocks from geostrata?

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the little explanation. I used 4 microturbines, then I used gearboxes to get 512 torque, which I read was the max required. That got the operation time down to about 5 seconds. But I just saw that 512 is the max for vanilla blocks. So it could be getting stuck on blocks from geostrata?

512 is the max per block, you have 35 to break through. You may be getting jammed frequently. I run mine with at least 4k torque and that seems to break through most things.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
For a second there I was like: You put something harder than BEDROCK?! And then I remembered that the boring machine doesn't do bedrock anymore :p

choco218

Jul 29, 2019
hi there ! so internet connection going down, so I brought myself into another MC world. Direwolf20, Rotary and all and here I am... BUT what should I do ? first time I come back to Reika's mods since 1.7.10 and V6 looks nice. Anything new/different I should know about ?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm ... how does torque compare with mining hardness for that?

512 for obsidian (hardness 50), would that be 256 for ender chest (22.5), then ... the blocks drop down to hardness 5 (blocks of ore, iron doors), ... 3 (most ores), hmm, wood is 2, but stone is 1.5? Wood is harder than stone?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
For a second there I was like: You put something harder than BEDROCK?! And then I remembered that the boring machine doesn't do bedrock anymore :p
Things like TF mazestone take much more torque and power.

Hmm ... how does torque compare with mining hardness for that?

512 for obsidian (hardness 50), would that be 256 for ender chest (22.5), then ... the blocks drop down to hardness 5 (blocks of ore, iron doors), ... 3 (most ores), hmm, wood is 2, but stone is 1.5? Wood is harder than stone?
Vanilla is kind of stupid with how it uses hardness values, and special-cases unmineability's effective hardness.