Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way that the biomes that a terraformer can change could be updated by users to include more biomes?

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
This is from my main thread:

Heis having a 20x offset. And the bug has been fixed.

This is the importance of providing exactly correct numbers.
Sorry about that, was first time using a comparator so was uncertain of when it should output signal of strength X. I did specify 30ish at compare signal 13, but it seems I forgot about that in my next post where I said 0->15 to 0->32 which should have been 0->13 to 0->32 as 32 is ca. (37/15)*13

Aussiexenu

Jul 29, 2019
An extremely minor but still valid error: The cheevo for recycling HSLA scrap still refers to the old way of using the pulse jet furnace (Which was what memory told me it was, until it didn't work and I checked NEI) where its now done in ye olde blast furnace. Just mentioning it so things can stay consistent and all that jazz :)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
An extremely minor but still valid error: The cheevo for recycling HSLA scrap still refers to the old way of using the pulse jet furnace (Which was what memory told me it was, until it didn't work and I checked NEI) where its now done in ye olde blast furnace. Just mentioning it so things can stay consistent and all that jazz :)
??? What is a chevo?

Aussiexenu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, sorry twas an achievement I was referring to. Been calling them that for a while now and forgot that, much like other bits of slang I might use, others might not get it. My apologies :(

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
There is a new update coming soon, but only crashes that cannot be fixed by installing APIs/mods warrant hotfixes.
Naww :( the comparator/industrial coil issue's fairly well disabled the Rotarycraft section of my base. Hopefully the update's not too far away :)

psp

Jul 29, 2019
"The sludge can then be smelted in to produce ethanol crystals. Leaves yield 2 sludge per leaf block, while other plant items yield one sludge per item. If Thaumcraft is installed, Greatwood leaves yield 8 sludge per leaf, and Silverwood leaves yield 64 sludge per leaf."
Quoted from the rotarycraft wiki http://rotarycraft.wikia.com/wiki/Fermenter

Is this information outdated? As I got 44 sludge pieces from 6 yeast using normal leaf blocks.
upload_2015-3-30_14-53-57.png

upload_2015-3-30_14-54-29.png
upload_2015-3-30_14-54-34.png
upload_2015-3-30_14-54-40.png
upload_2015-3-30_14-54-47.png
upload_2015-3-30_14-54-53.png

And so forth, until I got to 44 sludge.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
"The sludge can then be smelted in to produce ethanol crystals. Leaves yield 2 sludge per leaf block, while other plant items yield one sludge per item. If Thaumcraft is installed, Greatwood leaves yield 8 sludge per leaf, and Silverwood leaves yield 64 sludge per leaf."
Quoted from the rotarycraft wiki http://rotarycraft.wikia.com/wiki/Fermenter

Is this information outdated? As I got 44 sludge pieces from 6 yeast using normal leaf blocks.
Yeast is not always consumed.

Reactions: PierceSG and psp

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
I got some questions on updating.

I've been ripping out every last machine in my world, than updating the mods, then putting all the machines back. Do I have to do that for every single update? How can I know if I have to take certain things out before updating?

fredfredburger

Jul 29, 2019

I've been ripping out every last machine in my world, than updating the mods, then putting all the machines back. Do I have to do that for every single update? How can I know if I have to take certain things out before updating?

I think it'd be easier to just make a backup before you update. Then if the update breaks anything, you can just restore and remove the problem machinery. It'd probably be easiest to just copy or compress the entire installation folder rather than the world folder since it'll restore the old mod versions too. Also, this doesn't seem to be a problem very often. Occasionally there'll be something requiring wiring or the like to be re-placed, but the changelogs here should pretty quickly highlight issues. Note, you really only have to read the changelogs for Rotarycraft, Electricraft, and Reactorcraft; Chromaticraft is undergoing rapid development and it adds quite a few lines to the changelog.

Reactions: Plasmasnake

JohnOC

Jul 29, 2019
I have a minor bug report, I hope this is an appropriate place for it.
I got an achievement that I shouldn't have in Rotarycraft V5c. It happened like this:

1. Place gasoline engine feeding 16:1 gearbox, bevel gear, extractor.
2. Throw ores in extractor, wait a bit for some processing to happen
3. Whack gearbox with screwdriver to put it in speed mode.
4. Get achievement for powering all 4 stages of extractor to under 1 second operation speed.

I'm not sure it happened the first time I switched the gearbox (it was within the first 5-ish), but there isn't any way it should have happened at all with just a gasoline engine feeding the extractor.

Just to speculate, I'm thinking this may be timing dependent and hard to reproduce. I haven't tried.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

This is very rarely required, and never for all machines.

I have a minor bug report, I hope this is an appropriate place for it.
I got an achievement that I shouldn't have in Rotarycraft V5c. It happened like this:

1. Place gasoline engine feeding 16:1 gearbox, bevel gear, extractor.
2. Throw ores in extractor, wait a bit for some processing to happen
3. Whack gearbox with screwdriver to put it in speed mode.
4. Get achievement for powering all 4 stages of extractor to under 1 second operation speed.

I'm not sure it happened the first time I switched the gearbox (it was within the first 5-ish), but there isn't any way it should have happened at all with just a gasoline engine feeding the extractor.

Just to speculate, I'm thinking this may be timing dependent and hard to reproduce. I haven't tried.
Update.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
This is very rarely required, and never for all machines.

It should also be noted that Rotarycraft is hardly unique in this, really the only ones I can think of that require replacing ALL machines, or even just a decent number of them, are the mods that have recently been rewritten, such as Thermal Expansion or Gregtech. And even then, it would only be if you're moving from a prior version to a rewritten version, not from a rewritten version to an update of that rewritten version.

And since the mod was rewritten, it will probably reccomend a world restart, anyway.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Odd. After updating Rotarycraft from v5 to v5c all the pipes, machines, any RoC block looks like a white cobblestone block. I was using Soartex, switched back to default. Same issue, even after restart.

Anyone else seen a similar issue?

Electricraft and Reactorcraft look fine.