Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Are comparators already supported on FCCs? I have one on mine and it doesn't appear to output anything, I'm trying to fill it to see if I get a full signal.

If not I'll stage the output to a reservoir.
FCC?

Feature request: Electricraft resistors either drop the dyes used to mark them, preserve their settings, or don't consume the dye. Seems silly to keep growing cocoa beans.
Farming them is trivial.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Also seeing issues where a 100A resistor is allowing 800A through. Very odd, 8*A... (v5c)

Ok, it seems I'm seeing doubling of network values and power. Here's an example:

http://imgur.com/gfQYIUL

I have power coming in from the turbine (1500A 500kV), a relay to allow me to have an intermittent duty cycle, and then a 130A and 200A resistor. The 200A is requesting and receiving 400A for a total of 530A.

This is the root cause of my asking about the resistors, I'm constantly having to reconnect things and change resistors because my amperage is changing and I keep running out of colors. :p

I should note that my turbine is not always on, and I frequently seem to have to break and replace wiring to get the V/A right. Recall our server reboots nightly, maybe this is a save issue? No chunk loader yet because I'm not yet into fission. v5c, the changelog for 6a doesn't mention anything about wiring, only RF.

EDIT: I have tried replacing the wiring, relay, and the branch line repeatedly and received the same doubling effect. For a laugh I tried turning around the resistor (more colors...), and suddenly the value was correct! Is there a orientation issue?

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Ok, it seems I'm seeing doubling of network values and power. Here's an example:

http://imgur.com/gfQYIUL

I have power coming in from the turbine (1500A 500kV), a relay to allow me to have an intermittent duty cycle, and then a 130A and 200A resistor. The 200A is requesting and receiving 400A for a total of 530A.

This is the root cause of my asking about the resistors, I'm constantly having to reconnect things and change resistors because my amperage is changing and I keep running out of colors. :p

I should note that my turbine is not always on, and I frequently seem to have to break and replace wiring to get the V/A right. Recall our server reboots nightly, maybe this is a save issue? No chunk loader yet because I'm not yet into fission. v5c, the changelog for 6a doesn't mention anything about wiring, only RF.

EDIT: I have tried replacing the wiring, relay, and the branch line repeatedly and received the same doubling effect. For a laugh I tried turning around the resistor (more colors...), and suddenly the value was correct! Is there a orientation issue?
How many power sources are on that line?

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
How many power sources are on that line?

Turbine flywheel goes to generator is the source. Three branches, one to a tiny battery on a 1A resistor, one to a relayed circuit similar to what I was showing, and then one primary output to an aurora battery side. The battery output is on a separate network.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Turbine flywheel goes to generator is the source. Three branches, one to a tiny battery on a 1A resistor, one to a relayed circuit similar to what I was showing, and then one primary output to an aurora battery side. The battery output is on a separate network.
This sounds like that "multi path through resistor" bug.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Only a picture of the entire setup.

So like I said, after I rotated those two resistors it worked with the right values. I have in the past had to break and replace the wire from the generator to get any output at all while the turbine is running.

I'll keep trying to make a re-producable configuration.

First pic, from on top of aurora battery, input to battery goes back to turbine.

http://imgur.com/85ZJxed

Second pic, from above turbine. You can see the two relay isolated circuits that have a partial duty cycle via redstone signal. The rear one to the water supply is what was getting double V/A.

http://imgur.com/ep3NspU

Third pic, showing the tiny battery that charges from the turbine input and outputs to run the heat exchanger. A second battery is there, charged, with no outputs for swapping in if I exhaust the first by accident.

http://imgur.com/FjcCMTj

I think it's actually a very simple circuit, without loops. It does have a few branches and I am assuming that resistors only transmit from the ends and so can be lined up side by side.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019

Exactly!

Though I think my point about having to reset wires is that I make a working circuit, and between power applications suddenly it stops until I break/replace.

As to the resistors, yep, it's PITA having an intermittent issue you can't nail down to a specific use case.

I'll keep an eye out for something I can reproduce. The pictures were just to illustrate it really is a simple circuit.

Last edited:

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Minor bug: Take a friction heater, apply it to a blast furnace. Get it nice and hot (1500C). Turn off input power, friction heater cools but blast furnace stays hot. Turn on power again, friction heater COOLS the blast furnace back to ambient immediately instead of heating it up from where it is.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Minor bug: Take a friction heater, apply it to a blast furnace. Get it nice and hot (1500C). Turn off input power, friction heater cools but blast furnace stays hot. Turn on power again, friction heater COOLS the blast furnace back to ambient immediately instead of heating it up from where it is.
This is not really a bug. The friction heater applies its temperature directly to the Blast Furnace (which, left unpowered, will take a while to cool).

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list of which machines are affected by biome temperature? Specifically,by nature of the blast furnace, would it be possible to gate access to the beginning of RoC by making the world entirely snow biomes?

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a biome temperature function that gets called that could be searched for in github? Is the temperature a bool or int? If the temperature was too low, could not even fire+lava be enough? Essentially: I'm trying to make it so the overworld is cold enough that the blast furnace would not be able to operate normally. There would be generated spots around though that the biome is warm enough that steel production could begin. The once the mod is begun, and a friction heater or equivalent is created, the rest of the world would be available. Could this kind of soft "cold"-gating be possible with the blast furnace's mechanics?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Is there a biome temperature function that gets called that could be searched for in github? Is the temperature a bool or int? If the temperature was too low, could not even fire+lava be enough? Essentially: I'm trying to make it so the overworld is cold enough that the blast furnace would not be able to operate normally. There would be generated spots around though that the biome is warm enough that steel production could begin. The once the mod is begun, and a friction heater or equivalent is created, the rest of the world would be available. Could this kind of soft "cold"-gating be possible with the blast furnace's mechanics?
DragonAPI controls the temperature code. It is determined by biome, altitude, weather, and sky exposure.
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/DragonAPI/blob/master/Libraries/World/ReikaWorldHelper.java#L1637

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
DragonAPI controls the temperature code. It is determined by biome, altitude, weather, and sky exposure.
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/DragonAPI/blob/master/Libraries/World/ReikaWorldHelper.java#L1637
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. Is this idea of temperature/biome-gating entry to RoC seem acceptable if this were to be a publicly distributed modpack? Also out of curiousity, are we allowed to use minetweaker recipes to make other mod's items out of RoC materials, instead of the other way around? RoC progression is fantastic, and it would be nice to use its solid progression to gate other mods.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. Is this idea of temperature/biome-gating entry to RoC seem acceptable if this were to be a publicly distributed modpack? Also out of curiousity, are we allowed to use minetweaker recipes to make other mod's items out of RoC materials, instead of the other way around? RoC progression is fantastic, and it would be nice to use its solid progression to gate other mods.

I think the temperature gradient is actually pretty neat. Try moving a temperature sensitive block from bedrock to build height, it's cool! I'm considering making a giant floating platform over my base for waste storage, the ambient temperature should help cool it.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Yes to both. I have no problem with you using RC materials or shifting the RC entry point.