Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
As my understanding (very limited, just putting it out there) goes, this is further complicated by the fact that most jet engines you see (on commercial airlines for example) are turbofans - they have an extra set of blades in front of the main jet engine which pulls cold air in and around and straight out - this part is much more efficient than the main jet at lower speeds, and gives the whole thing a higher efficiency across the speed range. So while the jet itself isn't super efficient when throttled at lower speeds, the fan part makes up for that.

Sorry, bit of a detour off the topic :\ also: [citation needed]

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who likes storing liquids in big bubbly vats, would it be possible to make the Reservoirs connect vertically as well as horizontally?

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Quick little QoL thing, currently canola seeds can't be planted on farmland unless the soil is hydrated. Is it possible to change that? Sometimes despite being adjacent to a water block, it just takes forever to hydrate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Braidedheadman

Jul 29, 2019
Just to add to that, vanilla minecraft's hydrated farmland tiles from a nearby water source are not enough on their own to meet the full hydration per tile requirements needed for a plot of canola farmland. Without giving away too much of the thrill or process of discovery for you (and because the QOL method that you're looking for does already exist, it should be fairly obvious if you browse the handbook), RotC provides irrigation methods (hint hint wink wink) to meet and sustain those requirements.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
It makes sense now, I just don't know of another crop with the same properties, so I saw it odd.

My current tech level isn't ready for framing yet, heh.

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hello.

All my Rotarycraft machines became grey blocks.

This is apparently an 'April Fooling'.

Please note the lack of laughing and date not being April 1st anyhow.

My feedback is that 'make mod unusable' is not particularly interesting nor is it funny.

Also: if you can't correctly read the system time (it is almost April 3rd), don't do things based on it.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Even with the grey textures, the mod is still 100% completely usable. The textures will revert back on the 3rd.

Also: if you can't correctly take a joke with someone else's intellectual property, don't do things with it.

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
'Makes things grey cubes' cannot be a joke, because jokes are funny. This PC nonsense where I'm expected not to critize things because 'it's just a joke man' can sod right off.

And the usability of the mod is directly impacted, because like half the machines turn into the exact same grey cube. If you've been doing the entirely reasonable activity of 'identify machines based visually distinct models', you can no longer do that.

Also the point about not doing system time things if you are unaware of when events actually take place applies

Reactions: KingTriaxx

Braidedheadman

Jul 29, 2019
^This

This PC nonsense where I'm expected not to critize things because 'it's just a joke man' can sod right off.
"PC nonsense"? As in "politically correct" nonsense? Friend, I'm not sure that you know what these words mean or how to use them correctly, at the very least. There's never been anything "politically correct" about April Fools, which is rather the whole point of most jokes. It's harmless good fun and, to be frank, you being a spoil sport about it won't change the fact that it's still quite funny when every year there are still people who, like you for instance, come to the forums to either have a good laugh (or complain) about having been pranked. Get over yourself and have a laugh. The rest of us are! :D:p

Reactions: Rubyheart

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The point, as I understand it, was that these were the original placeholder graphics.

Once a year, you get to enjoy history.

And if you can't understand that, you'll just repeat it :)

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
All of this "but Reika is a MASTER RUSERMAN" still doesn't address the criticism that he cannot into system time and/or look at a calendar. An April fooling is only valid on the first day of April. This is basic 'when is April Fools Day' knowledge.

N

NerpyDerpston

Sometimes, especially with code, it is difficult to have it for only one day, and if it is for only one day, fewer people will "enjoy" the content. Takt the War Thunder April Fooling for example. It is a joke event that lasts from the 31st to the 3rd

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Numerous April Fools events in games occur on both the 1st and 2nd, this isn't anything unique to Reika.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Numerous April Fools events in games occur on both the 1st and 2nd, this isn't anything unique to Reika.
Yeaaaaahhh... I think Guild Wars does one for a week or more.

Also, again, I'm 99% positive there's a config option for that, something about holidays.

C

Cellular

Hello there Reika, looking forward to getting back into mods this summer, and I'll definitely be checking out your latest additions. I do have one that I feel I may have asked about before.. let me know if I have, as well as the answer to i,t and I'll simply recognize I probably lost whatever battle of wits there was over it. The suggestion is superchargers or turbochargers that could be added to engines. Make them a little complicated to craft and have them offer some bonus power maybe? The mechanics of them irl can get kind of fun to play around with and I think it would be cool to have those concepts in game.
[EDIT]
Nevermind, doing this would likely require a complete redoing of the power tier system, so I would only recommend them to be available after all tiers are broken (just a fun way to use lesser tier engines at the final stage maybe?) You could also reduce default power output and only allow them to output their previous power after adding one or two of these components.