Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Obviously :p

Would a "collector block" be a bad thing? Placed at the spot that SHOULD spawn steam, and have it automatically condense it instead? No overwrites, no laggy block updates, just 100% recycle?

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Obviously :p

Would a "collector block" be a bad thing? Placed at the spot that SHOULD spawn steam, and have it automatically condense it instead? No overwrites, no laggy block updates, just 100% recycle?

That's kinda why I'm heading toward the HP turbine.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Reclaiming 100% should be possible, but more than that is unacceptable.

I just tried to create a loop again, and I'm still losing huge amounts of water. ( Which also means I need to look at the code a lot more carefully, since that's the opposite of gaining, lol. )

It's certainly nowhere near 100% though. A couple minutes of running an HPT would be enough to run out of water, and that's with 44 reservoirs, 52 liquid pipes, and a fair few boilers all storing water. The reservoirs are 4x11 ( so 2 behind, and 2 in front of the big end of the turbine. and 5 to either side of the middle. Which should be significantly larger than the dump area. )

I'll keep looking into and see if I can figure out exactly what's going on, and if there's any issues or not.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried to create a loop again, and I'm still losing huge amounts of water. ( Which also means I need to look at the code a lot more carefully, since that's the opposite of gaining, lol. )

It's certainly nowhere near 100% though. A couple minutes of running an HPT would be enough to run out of water, and that's with 44 reservoirs, 52 liquid pipes, and a fair few boilers all storing water. The reservoirs are 4x11 ( so 2 behind, and 2 in front of the big end of the turbine. and 5 to either side of the middle. Which should be significantly larger than the dump area. )

I'll keep looking into and see if I can figure out exactly what's going on, and if there's any issues or not.

Dew point aggregator gives you more water than you'll need. I have one feeding a fluid compression chamber so I have 1 million buckets of water on standby. While working with ammonia I found that I'm outputting more steam than the turbine can use, so it's building up in my steam pipes so I need a larger turbine to make my loop work.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Dew point aggregator gives you more water than you'll need. I have one feeding a fluid compression chamber so I have 1 million buckets of water on standby. While working with ammonia I found that I'm outputting more steam than the turbine can use, so it's building up in my steam pipes so I need a larger turbine to make my loop work.

...I think you forgot who you were replying to:) I've been telling people to use a DPA for something like a year now.

The above post was only about specifically the efficiency of recollecting the fluid from a HPT. My personal interest is as much just trying to help Reika iron out any kinks, as well as a personal interest in running my fusion reactors off of ammonia. 17+ HPTs off of ammonia would be virtually impossible without a very high recovery percentage.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Basically make a something that will always collect all the ammonia/water that went into the process at the start without having to deal with overwritten steam (which is horribly unrealistic), or backlogged/random drip collection... which apparently nobody can figure out how to do at 100% efficiency.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Basically make a something that will always collect all the ammonia/water that went into the process at the start without having to deal with overwritten steam (which is horribly unrealistic), or backlogged/random drip collection... which apparently nobody can figure out how to do at 100% efficiency.
I didn't really have this problem with water if I recall correctly. It was a bit hard to confirm because of residual steam in the lines, but using a pipe pump you could force out 99.9% of the steam to confirm.

Why is your drip collection backlogging? I don't want to come across as kind or supportive to Reika but that issue at least would be on the player. Create more condensers or better piping infrastructure.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
....If you collect the steam before it goes through the turbine, how do you get energy?

I don't want to come across as kind or supportive to Reika
:(

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
I need a larger turbine to make my loop work.

Once you've placed the 7th level of the HP turbine, can you continue adding to it, at that maximum diameter, and strength level? That'd be great.

Also (maybe I should start a new thread to ask?): Is there a list somewhere of the maximum inputs (torque, speed, power) and maximum outputs for different RC machines? That would be very very helpful. The ability to pump up the volume on the same machine is one of my favorite things about RC.