Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Did not think of this, but even so, dew point aggregator i believe only requires HSLA. I do wonder if it nets positive with a steam engine in a normal biome, though?

I don't believe so. It works so slowly with small engines. I think even gas didn't give me much throughput. At 1 MW I started to see a bucket a second.

One method I did use for water was to leave reservoirs out, they fill rapidly. I would hook up three reservoirs to an engine and leave them uncovered outside. The downsides? Extra steel, and the chance to explode if they run out of water.

Reactions: abculatter_2

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try the bottom? Haven't tested it myself, but that'd be my next guess.

If that doesn't work, I'd try the pipe made for sucking fluids out of other mods' machines- sandstone, I think?
Huh...I am unfamiliar with this sandstone pipe, but I'll take a look tomorrow. Honestly, I'm happy with the Ender IO conduit, though, because I can connect it underneath gear boxes, which lubricant hose wouldn't last I tried. I was surprised it worked, honestly, because many moons ago when I (briefly) used Monster the Ender IO conduits didn't want to connect to gearboxes.

Now I can have lots of things lined up next to each other without having to leave space for lubricant hoses. :)

Now if only I could figure out Chromaticraft...

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, does the high-ratio gear consume lube like other non-bedrock gearboxes, or does it simply require it to turn like CVTs? The wording in the handbook is somewhat ambiguous as to which it is.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I do not see this to be implementable.
From a programming perspective I don't see the problem, but you're right regardless; you'd need to be able to export "dirty lubricant" from machines, and even if you were willing, you're essentially out of machine sides to play with. Nevermind.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
From a programming perspective I don't see the problem, but you're right regardless; you'd need to be able to export "dirty lubricant" from machines, and even if you were willing, you're essentially out of machine sides to play with. Nevermind.
The problem comes with fluid I/O logic. Do I allow lubricant to be extracted as long as it is in the tank? How to tell if lubricant is "used"? Having two tanks is not a solution, because then what happens when the "used" tank is full?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The problem comes with fluid I/O logic. Do I allow lubricant to be extracted as long as it is in the tank? How to tell if lubricant is "used"? Having two tanks is not a solution, because then what happens when the "used" tank is full?
Right, the issue is one of design rather than implementation. You could implement it if you could find a reasonable answer to those questions. In the end I'm inclined to agree that its not worth the effort.

Potential answers for what its worth:
* Machines convert good lubricant to used lubricant at a rate of consumption commensurate with the current rate.
* Machines operate at an efficiency equivalent to the ratio of good lubricant to dirty lubricant.

I'd probably try to implement something like that just for pure amusement but I can't speak for how popular it would be, and some machines would be more annoying to upgrade than others.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
hey, Quick question. what exactly would i put in the [mod name] section of the checker disable command? i tried what it says needs updating, (DragonAPI, RotaryCraft, ect)or is this just bugged in v4b?

just wondering, and i don't see any thread better than this to ask this on in the forums, so...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
hey, Quick question. what exactly would i put in the [mod name] section of the checker disable command? i tried what it says needs updating, (DragonAPI, RotaryCraft, ect)or is this just bugged in v4b?

just wondering, and i don't see any thread better than this to ask this on in the forums, so...
v4c is newer. Use that.

The name used is just the lowercase mod name.

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
If there are 2 tanks, with two different liquids, when the dirty tank is full, either the machine could turn off, or it could leak some of the fluid onto the ground. Maybe not as a fluid block but changing the dirt below it into "contaminated dirt" or something of that nature. Pyure's idea of the tank slowly becoming dirty, like a percentage of the tank would be an interesting way to ratify the 2 tank issue, but doesn't solve the overflow problem.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
If there are 2 tanks, with two different liquids, when the dirty tank is full, either the machine could turn off, or it could leak some of the fluid onto the ground. Maybe not as a fluid block but changing the dirt below it into "contaminated dirt" or something of that nature. Pyure's idea of the tank slowly becoming dirty, like a percentage of the tank would be an interesting way to ratify the 2 tank issue, but doesn't solve the overflow problem.
Shutting the machine down is no different than making it seize immediately upon running out of lubricant, and spilling excess is no different from the current system.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Shutting the machine down is no different than making it seize immediately upon running out of lubricant, and spilling excess is no different from the current system.
I wouldn't bother with spilling excess; if no more clean lubricant can get in, that's that. I *would* have considered making a machine run at 1% efficiency (or seize just like you mentioned). But, more for the realism and interest of creating such. I've said it already: I can't really see any easy way to make this happen, unless you could do two pipes in and out of the same side (a la ender IO). Obviously such a proposal would be ludicrous.

Its interesting in design and provides the kids an alternate lubricant "source", but it seems like more work than its worth.