Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to be able to transmute raw resources, though. I can understand blacklisting the machines, but not raw resources.
Well the resouces (blast glass, tungsten, bedrock) are gated behind the tech tree which shuold not be circumvented. Once you have the resources you can simply craft the machines.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Why the hostility? If you wanted to learn how to setup builds in pretty much any mod, the best way would be to just cheat in the items (I myself do it in a separate world made just for testing) and see what builds work and what don't. You still learn how certain systems work that way, and that knowledge can be applied elsewhere, making your survival experience more efficient since you don't have to waste materials with trial and error.

Its my choice, isnt it?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Its my choice, isnt it?
If you are playing in singleplayer, you can do whatever you want, including making custom builds of the code. The only caveat is that playing a modified version makes you ineligible for tech support and makes any complaints you may have about balance/design/progression/etc about as valuable - and taken as seriously - as "y mod no wurk".

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I have never needed tech support from mod developers...ever. All I wanted was to try out your mods to see if I could incorporate them into some nice looking builds. That is the point of the game.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Well the resouces (blast glass, tungsten, bedrock) are gated behind the tech tree which should not be circumvented. Once you have the resources you can simply craft the machines.

So what are the raw components that make those resources? (the absolute raw components like iron/sand/obsidian ect)
This is the same as that post about using bees to make jet fuel.
-so an EMC value for the vanilla bedrock block would be ok, but not the bedrock ingot/dust.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
So what are the raw components that make those resources? (the absolute raw components like iron/sand/obsidian ect)
For blast glass you need obdisian and jet fuel, which in turn requires magma cream, blaze powder, coal, soul sand, netherrack and ethanol, the latter needs sugar, dirt and saplings/leaves. I guess all these do have EMC values.
So it basically comes down to a bunch of vanilla resources (and canola seeds if you count the lubricant in).
What really counts is the infrastructure to process them.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You have never experienced a crash? I find this impossible to believe.

Of course I have. Ive just never needed to bother a mod dev about it, I figure out the problem myself. Im not going to continue arguing with you because apparently you already get plenty of vitriol from the typically immature Minecraft fan base. I am also a very opinionated guy. I just wish you would stop blacklisting ProjectE and let the people who annoy you so much destroy their worlds. I missed out on the old EE2, and wanted to try it. But I want to try your mods more.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
This is the same as that post about using bees to make jet fuel.
-so an EMC value for the vanilla bedrock block would be ok, but not the bedrock ingot/dust.
For blast glass you need obdisian and jet fuel, which in turn requires magma cream, blaze powder, coal, soul sand, netherrack and ethanol, the latter needs sugar, dirt and saplings/leaves. I guess all these do have EMC values.
So it basically comes down to a bunch of vanilla resources (and canola seeds if you count the lubricant in).
What really counts is the infrastructure to process them.
From what they told me, custom processing steps like the Blast Furnace and Fractionator are not natively supported, so even all the ingredients having EMC values (which I do not care about how you get) does not mean you can make the output. This is good news.

DaytonV

Jul 29, 2019
Something of a wireless power question... does the heat ray heat boilers? I would have to assume that if it did, it wouldn't be anywhere near power efficient, but still doable. I was just reading through some of the excessively asked questions got me wondering if that would be a feasible long distance power transfer (some config tweaking to up the distance may be required).

Reactions: abculatter_2

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Something of a wireless power question... does the heat ray heat boilers? I would have to assume that if it did, it wouldn't be anywhere near power efficient, but still doable. I was just reading through some of the excessively asked questions got me wondering if that would be a feasible long distance power transfer (some config tweaking to up the distance may be required).
If I make them interact, it will be to melt the boiler. The heat ray is based off an Australian military weapon designed to destroy aircraft and armored vehicles.

DaytonV

Jul 29, 2019
If I make them interact, it will be to melt the boiler. The heat ray is based off an Australian military weapon designed to destroy aircraft and armored vehicles.
Well phoo. Thought that'd be an easy way to impart a lot of power to a boiler from afar. On the other hand, it is in the weapons section, and used to generate plasma for a reactor, so it'd be a tad overpowered for a boiler, I suppose.

Reactions: abculatter_2

DaytonV

Jul 29, 2019
Reika, quick heads up: latest download link for reactorcraft, on your website, is pointing towards dragonapi v4c, rather than reactorcraft

EDIT: Looks to be fixed now, thank you!

Last edited:

Polymorph

Jul 29, 2019
Just noticed, I've got a cool gear thing floating over my head in the latest pack. Is that your "donor cape"?
I can say with high confidence that it is the rotarycraft one. You also get a...torus(? I forget the name of it) if you've got reactorcraft, and a pylon if you've got chromaticraft. Interesting thing though, the pylon render seems to overpower the others at certain angles and make them partially invisible depending on how the pylon's face is oriented. Not that it's a terribly big deal.

powerblo

Jul 29, 2019
I would love if you would go a little further in the atomic field of energy. Rather than the normal nuclear reactors, make a fission chamber than can create insane amounts of energy while depositing a few blocks and a little less insane amount of enerygy. Neutrons, neutrinos, takyons(sorry for bad spelling in advance), everything that can make a science geek's heat pound. Where to use them? Break the fabric of space-time! Oh, sorry you can't do that in real life either... That would be off track of the mod, but I would love traveling through stray dimensions, and having a space-time generator with a chance of world corruption.

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
I would love if you would go a little further in the atomic field of energy. Rather than the normal nuclear reactors, make a fission chamber than can create insane amounts of energy while depositing a few blocks and a little less insane amount of enerygy. Neutrons, neutrinos, takyons(sorry for bad spelling in advance), everything that can make a science geek's heat pound. Where to use them? Break the fabric of space-time! Oh, sorry you can't do that in real life either... That would be off track of the mod, but I would love traveling through stray dimensions, and having a space-time generator with a chance of world corruption.
A space time generator??????

Space time is more of a mathematical thing plus it would violate the second law of thermal dynamics

send from a thing